Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

pvp warloards vs private

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jun 25, 2013
There is one thing on pvp that I don't really find fair. Some people would love to win but they are a private and when the go up to fight they are against a warloard which has had experience and they are fighting someone who has not. And the warloard normally wins. Its like having a professional sports player playing down on a minor league team. NOT FAIR. worloards should not be going against privates I think they should be going against their class.

Defender
Oct 21, 2010
This Has Happened To Me, And Its One Of The Reasons I Dont PvP Allot. I Think KingsIsle Should Really Consider Fixing This, It Has Happened Too Many Times.

-See Ya In The Spiral!!

Julia DragonLeaf

Survivor
Jul 14, 2012
If you keep getting beat by warlords watch what they do. Then copy it. Look up some PvP guides on wizard101central to. Ive done these things, and ive only lost to 2 of the 8 warlords ive fought so far, and now im a veteran, almost knight. Go to bazaar and buy monstrous treasure cards if you are low level and to to unicorn way fight a lost soul keep a wand hit, put monstrous on your attack cards and discard them to get treasures of them that do more damage.

Hope this helps

Defender
Jun 06, 2009
KI has actually fixed this, the warlords are usually a lower level than you (especially if you are a private). So use your higher spells to the advantage! You can win if you think you can(usually works actually)!

Good luck in pvp!

Champion
Oct 30, 2011
The private is probably at least 20 levels higher than the warlord. My balance 1382 rating level 28 warlord battled a level 62 storm private with about 80% damage and over 150 critical. He did 800 with leviathan through 2 shields, a weakness, and 53% resist. I have 1300 health. I have abosolutely no idea how this is fair. Experience doesn't protect me at all from sheer damage. I also battle level 40 warlords. I just don't know how this is fair, the high level people that do pvp have many more advantages. In example: level 90 cannot battle anyone higher level than them. Anyone lower level than them does not have that advantage. I have quit pvp on my balance for the moment because of these hugely unfair matches. Another example was a level 50 commander. He went first. He just spammed minions and minion killers, and was able to kill me because of a lot more health and first. The ranking system needs to be fixed, but just not the way you describe.

Geographer
Aug 28, 2010
A Death Scholar on Jul 8, 2013 wrote:
KI has actually fixed this, the warlords are usually a lower level than you (especially if you are a private). So use your higher spells to the advantage! You can win if you think you can(usually works actually)!

Good luck in pvp!
Death Scholar,

Actually no, this has not been fixed, and I have the matches to prove it. My very first match,
a level 90 balance at 500 ranking (this was me), my opponet a Level 90 commander at 895 who got to go first.

My first match on my Fire, Level 19, Ranking of 500, my opponent Level 28 Warlord Myth.
As always, I got second on this one too... which I lost.

Both of these matches prove to me, that the matching system is way out of any reasonable match.

Survivor
May 11, 2012
Um Excuse Meh But W101 Has Turned Into One Of The Worst Pvp Now Ah Days
Today I Was Having A 4v4 With My Friend Then We Face Lvl 90's!
We Were Only Lvl 40-50 And Our Ranks Wer'nt Even Warlord Or Commander

It Was Totally Not Fair But You Gotta Live With It Also
We Lost About 30-40 Rank Off Which Was Serious :(

Geographer
Nov 26, 2011
I agree with you. I do not find a 1500 rank level 30 warlord going up a private level 65 fair at all. This really should be fixed.

Hero
Nov 14, 2010
lol i have seen a lvl 5 warlord fight a lvl 30 private and it took a long time for the warlord to win