Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Lags out at random moments.

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Feb 03, 2009
I'm having some problems with random disconnections when I'm playing.

At random moments, whether it's the morning or evening, whether I'm fighting a boss or training a pet, Wizard101 just stops.

What I mean:

1. Walk-around mobs walk in a straight line forever and walk through walls.

2. If a player is moving when it stops, my screen shows them going in a straight line forever.

3. In my deck, if I click a spell to remove it, it turns gray and stays there.

4. Nothing happens when I press the four buttons near the compass.

My internet connection is fine, because I've tested my browsers and other MMOs directly after it stops.

I've asked plenty of friends, and they are having to problems.

The game either stops for a little and comes back to life, or stays there for several minutes, causing me to relog. When I relog, it either lets me on and lets me play, lets me on but stops again, or doesn't let me on, with "Please wait. Wizard101 is very busy right now."

I don't like that I'm paying for a game I can't play. I've turned of Quest Helper, shadows, smoothing, sound, and I always play in a "Perfect" realm.

Any suggestions or solutions?

Survivor
Aug 31, 2009
That just means you have a lot of lag.

Heres a few thing to try:

1. Try removing some stuff off your computer you dont use.

2. Lower the quality settings on wizard101 to low. [Theres no point to have them high] Also the same thing with the detail settings.

and 3. Don't run your computer to fast, what I mean is don't speed click or go places really fast just slow down and let yourself load fully to a good amount then go do that thing or go to that place.

Survivor
Feb 03, 2009
Other processes on my computer run at high speed.

When I'm playing Wizard101, it is the only program running. I have previously changed settings to low, and uninstalled useless or harmful programs.

Illuminator
May 22, 2009
You may want to check your anti-virus program. I use MacAfee. One time, after MacAfee updated, my game froze every time I used a gardening spell and would lag at strange times.. I ended up having to lower the real time scanning settings.

Defender
Jul 26, 2009
When things happen, Follow these steps:
I would highly recommend this, since internet speed affects different mmos in different ways. While i didnt have a problem in another game, i had loads of issues on W101 with my internet speed at first.

1.) Ask your parents to check if your getting the full speed from your internet router, if your getting bad signals the game will randomly behave this way and your ping will rise drastically.
If you are still having issues:
2.) X out of everything else
3.) Your playing on a slower computer, and need to change all the settings to low.
4.) Ask for help updating and defragging your compuder.
5.) Task Manager > Processes > Wizard101.exe > Set priority > Set to high.

Another great step to take is to email wizard101 support and ask them this question since they have experiencewith these kinds of issues, its in their job applications. You can contact them here, its highly recommended since kings isle knows their game the best. https://www.wizard101.com/game/contactus

Survivor
Aug 07, 2010
This identical incident occurs with me constantly and I've actually discovered exactly why it was happening (at least in my case.) Whenever this happens to you, check our wifi connection status. I play W101 on my laptop, and when i'm too far away from the wifi router, i will momentarily lose my connection and i get the same issues as you. This may simply mean you need to relocate your computer closer to your wifi router to get a stronger and more reliable signal (which is what i do to solve the problem). It may not necessarily mean your connection is malfunctioning, but rather it is not strong enough.

Hope this helped!
Alexander RainbowFountain, Grandmaster ()

Survivor
Feb 14, 2011
DoctorDraX on Jun 24, 2013 wrote:
I'm having some problems with random disconnections when I'm playing.

At random moments, whether it's the morning or evening, whether I'm fighting a boss or training a pet, Wizard101 just stops.

What I mean:

1. Walk-around mobs walk in a straight line forever and walk through walls.

2. If a player is moving when it stops, my screen shows them going in a straight line forever.

3. In my deck, if I click a spell to remove it, it turns gray and stays there.

4. Nothing happens when I press the four buttons near the compass.

My internet connection is fine, because I've tested my browsers and other MMOs directly after it stops.

I've asked plenty of friends, and they are having to problems.

The game either stops for a little and comes back to life, or stays there for several minutes, causing me to relog. When I relog, it either lets me on and lets me play, lets me on but stops again, or doesn't let me on, with "Please wait. Wizard101 is very busy right now."

I don't like that I'm paying for a game I can't play. I've turned of Quest Helper, shadows, smoothing, sound, and I always play in a "Perfect" realm.

Any suggestions or solutions?
I had the same problem for awhile. As many people before have said you need to make sure you have a strong internet connection. What was happening to me was my family had too many people on the internet at one time so we upgraded our internet plan.