Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

PvP Strategies/Tips

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jul 14, 2012
I'm a level 33 Ice. Im extremely new to pvp, and I am not interested in spending money on crowns, etc. to get better. I need some tips for gear, strategies, decks, etc. Anything will be appreciated. Thx

Survivor
Jul 09, 2012
your limitations of crowns and spending has already disallowed you any meaningful Pvp success. move along, there is nothing for you here. PvP here = amulets and treasure cards and in more cases than not, crowns gear. you cannot compete with it, don't try.

Survivor
Jul 14, 2012
Death Jawgoat on Jun 20, 2013 wrote:
your limitations of crowns and spending has already disallowed you any meaningful Pvp success. move along, there is nothing for you here. PvP here = amulets and treasure cards and in more cases than not, crowns gear. you cannot compete with it, don't try.
Really? Because I've seen some Ice wizards in PvP who have their crafted gear, and only a crown wand/amulet/pet which I can get. I thank you for your enthusiasm though

Champion
Oct 30, 2011
Some of the ice resist gear that you can farm is very good. (for non-crowns gear at that level) For a wand, try to get something that is not your school and gives a power pip. I believe the last bosses in ravenscar drop a myth one. For strategy, probably just try to spam minions, bladed frostbites, weaknesses, and shields. Sprite and pixie could be your main heals. Commander gear would be great to have. (This is assuming you pvp at your current level)

Explorer
Nov 29, 2012
I don't PvP as much as I used to so some stuff I say could be wrong, but anyways, here is what I do when I PvP on a Ice wizard. Typically I like to put some Towers up and bring out my minion. I also like to use that one shield that absorbs damage depending on your pips (forget it's name). Make sure you do that with full pips. Then stack pips AGAIN, and frostbite a couple times. It should do some damage, but some stuff has changed since I don't PvP much with Ice anymore. Hope this helped you out.

P.S. This might not work super great because of the shatter spell, but hopefully it gave you something to work with.

Geographer
Nov 26, 2011
Carlos Frosthammer on Jun 20, 2013 wrote:
Really? Because I've seen some Ice wizards in PvP who have their crafted gear, and only a crown wand/amulet/pet which I can get. I thank you for your enthusiasm though
I'm not good at PvP, so maybe you could go on Wizard101 Central and look up some guides? Duelist101 probably has guides, too. Good luck with PvP.
-Jasmine FireBlade, level 86 pyromancer.

Survivor
Jul 14, 2012
Thanks for some of these strategies. But are there any specific treasure cards, gear, pets, or secondaries I should really get into? I have trained in life up to satyr, and I got cloak from Diego. Also got elemental blades from Krokotopia. Anything else I should prioritize?

Defender
Sep 19, 2010
You want to hit level 35, and to do it play Grizzleheim up to mirkholm at least; get legion shield. For gear you will want Headwraps of Intent, Zaneki's Cloak of Solitude, and Katsumori's Boots; in other words the best resist and health gear you can at that level. Also, the Wand of Reflection, and your ring and athame need to be Introspective Knife and Katsumori's Introspective Ring(for more high health benefit). Use the Nightshade's Choker amulet from level 10 that gives two weakness cards. If you have a high level friend then have them take you through Jade Oni in Mooshu a few times to try and get crowns items and to get some gold. Now for the deck we'll break the Introspective tradition, get Usegi's Careful Deck. This will give you 45 cards with 4 copies universal and 6 ice. In your deck you'll want to equip it with the cards that follow; 2 Balefrost, 4 Frostbite, 2 Ice Armor, 3 Legion Shields,1 Melt, 3 Ice Guardians, 3 Steal Wards, 1 Stun Block, 4 Tower Shields, 1 Snow Shield, 4 Volcanic Shields, 1 Blizzard, 3 Pixies, 2 Reshuffles(its a must, use your 35 training point if you need to), 3 Elemental Blades(again a must), and 4 Weakness. This will leave you with 4 slots remaining; into these if you have life trained put 3 Satyrs, take out 2 Pixies, and put in 1 Sprite and 2 Spirit Armors, if you have any other school trained but not life then put in 3 shields from that school and a Blizzard. Now this deck will let you have 18 treasure cards; these should be 4 elemental blades, 3 monstrous enchants(giant works if no monstrous), 2 fortify cards, 3 tower shield, 2 previously enchanted blizzards(just go to unicorn way or something and enchant, and 4 weakness. Now for the match; you will want to call in a minion as quick as possible, and soon after use Legion Shield; spam free shields until you have all 7 pips and use an Ice Armor, then get to 7 again and use as many enchanted Frostbites as you can, if your minion dies make a new one. this got me commander.
Jack Frost

Survivor
Jul 14, 2012
1320Wraith on Jun 21, 2013 wrote:
You want to hit level 35, and to do it play Grizzleheim up to mirkholm at least; get legion shield. For gear you will want Headwraps of Intent, Zaneki's Cloak of Solitude, and Katsumori's Boots; in other words the best resist and health gear you can at that level. Also, the Wand of Reflection, and your ring and athame need to be Introspective Knife and Katsumori's Introspective Ring(for more high health benefit). Use the Nightshade's Choker amulet from level 10 that gives two weakness cards. If you have a high level friend then have them take you through Jade Oni in Mooshu a few times to try and get crowns items and to get some gold. Now for the deck we'll break the Introspective tradition, get Usegi's Careful Deck. This will give you 45 cards with 4 copies universal and 6 ice. In your deck you'll want to equip it with the cards that follow; 2 Balefrost, 4 Frostbite, 2 Ice Armor, 3 Legion Shields,1 Melt, 3 Ice Guardians, 3 Steal Wards, 1 Stun Block, 4 Tower Shields, 1 Snow Shield, 4 Volcanic Shields, 1 Blizzard, 3 Pixies, 2 Reshuffles(its a must, use your 35 training point if you need to), 3 Elemental Blades(again a must), and 4 Weakness. This will leave you with 4 slots remaining; into these if you have life trained put 3 Satyrs, take out 2 Pixies, and put in 1 Sprite and 2 Spirit Armors, if you have any other school trained but not life then put in 3 shields from that school and a Blizzard. Now this deck will let you have 18 treasure cards; these should be 4 elemental blades, 3 monstrous enchants(giant works if no monstrous), 2 fortify cards, 3 tower shield, 2 previously enchanted blizzards(just go to unicorn way or something and enchant, and 4 weakness. Now for the match; you will want to call in a minion as quick as possible, and soon after use Legion Shield; spam free shields until you have all 7 pips and use an Ice Armor, then get to 7 again and use as many enchanted Frostbites as you can, if your minion dies make a new one. this got me commander.
Jack Frost
Ok, I.m going to try this strategy. Thanks :)

Survivor
Jul 14, 2012
Ok, I am now level 42 and I am done with Mooshu and starting Grizzlehiem (Im a little late) . Any deck ideas or new gear to get? I have life trained to satyr, i have infection elemental blades, reshuffle, cloak, and conviction, and a gargoyle at teen that may cast berserk (can switch if need be)

Defender
Sep 19, 2010
I'm going to try and put my previous comment into terms you can use for the rest of your ice pvp career; Your gear needs to be the type at your level that gives the most resist and health. if its a choice between 200 hp or 140 hp and 5 resist go with the second, if Its a choice between 7% resist or 140 hp and 5 resist go with the second again; you want the most resist you can get while maintaining your extreme health. Get a fire wand with power pip if you can, don't worry about the damage or amount of cards. later on you'll just want a wand with power pip and the best block you can find. For ring and athame you'll want super health; If its a choice between super health and mana or the same super health and power pip, keep in mind mana does nothing in pvp. your deck will need to have the most cards you can get in it. then you'll want to repeat the same card set up I recommended before, and any extra slots fill with additional Frostbite, shields, and heals if you want to put in a colossus thats fine, to use it effectively use frostbite on shields and then put monstrous on and boom. Tc keep up the tower shields, weaknesses, and the like. About level 35 and up Heartsteel isn't worth it anymore, so don't even bother with it. Just use minion Balefrost Legion Shield (Go ahead and do Grizzleheim it has good spells through it!) and turtle it up on yourself until you can frostbite your enemy to death. You sometimes will get "ugh what a noob ice shield spammer" messages and I've even been reported before for this; Kingsisle hasn't said anything about it too me so I'm assuming they aren't planning on banning for using the ice school the right way. Now that your in the Master range you'll want to save training points for cl, and once there get fortify and damage enchants; completely ignore the moon school, if your curious about the spells buy some Tc until you can see they aren't very useful. From there its just resist, block, health, and warlord.

Jack FrostPvp Captain 20-0

Survivor
Jul 14, 2012
Thanks for the tips fellow wizards! Right now I'm a Veteran and I've been beating warlords and commanders. Thanks!

Delver
Oct 30, 2011
Carlos Frosthammer on Jun 25, 2013 wrote:
Thanks for the tips fellow wizards! Right now I'm a Veteran and I've been beating warlords and commanders. Thanks!
Your better than me.I am a corporal 71 who is highly beated.

Survivor
Apr 13, 2013
Carlos Frosthammer on Jun 20, 2013 wrote:
no. you are wrong. treasure cards are the big thing.the best place 2 get them is the bazaar.