Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Pet training sooooooo slow!

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jul 25, 2009
Hey i need some advise to train my pet fast with out crowns plz help i am training my pet starfish to adult so he is a teen.

Andrew DeathSword 38
Andrew LifeSword 13

Andrew SandSword 20

Explorer
Nov 29, 2012
Well, there is a couple of options. The one I would suggest the most is farming Evil Magma Peas (I'm pretty sure you can farm for them from a boss in Avalon). They give some great mega snacks, some good reagents, and treasure cards. Judging that you are sort of a low level at the time, I would suggest training your pet every time you level up (your energy is refilled every level up.). It's all just in time. be patient and you'll find that it will be really worth while!

Defender
Jun 22, 2011
If I were you I'd get Couch Potatoes, they're great because they can give mega snacks, drop from about 30 mobs/bosses, and there are items you can purchase at the Bazaar to make them grow faster

Squire
Jul 28, 2011
Mega snacks should move pet training right along. The only thing is, your level quests don't drop mega snacks. Some plants do, and so does Pagoda

Anglea Dragonstone level 85

Survivor
Dec 28, 2010
you should use the glowing starfruit. it is cheap and gives 6 training points. hope this helps

Trevor Mooncaster

Survivor
May 09, 2009
I would suggest getting more high level pet snacks from packs... It helped me get to adult in about 15-30 minutes!

The Pyromancer

Survivor
Jul 26, 2012
I agree I just got a mander pet to ancient then I got half way to epic and what do you know I got a pet provisions pack for the snack week thing and I got 2 new pets ones a lady bug it gives me a unicorn spell so I switched to it and now I have to start all over.

my advice is to just get as many snacks as you can and just go on level up spouts like one day a week.

also try raising up alligator pear trees in your garden they always give you pet snacks and gold but the best snack the give is the fried worms they give 10 pet exp.

also a great way to level up faster is to find pet snacks that the pet likes or loves if a pet likes a snack it gives +1power if, a snack that the pet loves gives +2 power.

but mainly just get a lot of snacks and just let loose and do it as fast as you can
level 37 storm "master your deck and you master the game"
P.S. I feel your pain man I really do and also if you get a pet really high up and then switch I suggest you get it up to adult and hatch a pet with them

Defender
Jan 22, 2012
The only thing I can think of is to garden. Lots of plants give mega snacks - but besides evil magma peas, I can't remember which... sorry!
Training pets is a loooong and boring process that we all have to go through, you're not the only one! XD
Sierra Ashblood, Transcendent

Survivor
Jul 26, 2012
ok some more advice NEVER buy pet snacks they are WAY overly priced, instead try gardening (do your plants every morning and then spend the rest of your energy training) and when your plants all reach elder and die spend a week levelling your pet up then replant and so forth. also dragon rider clothing gives energy so I suggest getting some, also its a good idea to buying a lot of snack packs pack during a sale (this can use a lot of crowns so I only do crown shop during sales)

dragonsteel50 lvl 37 "Master your deck and you master the game"

Explorer
Sep 01, 2012
Training good pets takes time, And a good effort.
Good pets don't come free or easy, Maybe get some Gardening done to get some Mega snacks. That should help.
~SabrinaMisty, The koolest kitty around!

Mastermind
Oct 11, 2010
AuraSphereRiolu on Jun 6, 2013 wrote:
Hey i need some advise to train my pet fast with out crowns plz help i am training my pet starfish to adult so he is a teen.

Andrew DeathSword 38
Andrew LifeSword 13

Andrew SandSword 20
get closer to max level so you can farm for seeds and gold - you can also have more energy the higher your level. when you finish zafaria you can do random mirror lake runs for pixie stick mega snacks. or do any of the pagodas for them that works too.

Defender
Nov 15, 2008
your best option without crowns: gardening, I am a rnk tem gardener and i only garden for the snacks ninja fig is good but I recommend angel oak which is dropped by celestian mobs/bosses

Defender
Nov 15, 2008
wizardrokz on Jun 6, 2013 wrote:
Mega snacks should move pet training right along. The only thing is, your level quests don't drop mega snacks. Some plants do, and so does Pagoda

Anglea Dragonstone level 85
In saltmeadow swamp in Azteca some lady a gives two dragon head cheese which is mega

Survivor
Apr 13, 2013

Andrew DeathSword 38
Andrew LifeSword 13

Andrew SandSword 20
use the dance game! its sooooooo easy and it doesn't take so long, about 30 secs - 1 min

Geographer
Mar 12, 2013
You can get starfish loved snacks pretty cheap in bazaar - caramel popcorn is a good snack and is somewhat cheaper than other snacks it's level because it's a common drop.

Defender
Aug 26, 2011
garden. even just prickly bear cactus gives sun fruit and crab apples on mature harvest. couch potatoes if you can get them are even better they drop golden wheat bread. http://www.wizard101central.com/wiki/Snack:Golden_Wheat_Bread
other than that... farming hobgoblins in wysteria for flapjacks is not a bad idea, they give seven pet xp.

Champion
Aug 20, 2010

Andrew DeathSword 38
Andrew LifeSword 13

Andrew SandSword 20
Some adviCe I can give you is, quest, and do boss battles at YOUR LEVEL and then you may get snacks dropped and with the extra gear you don't want sell it, get money to buy more snacks at bazaar.

Survivor
Jul 05, 2010
There is this dungeon in zafaria called Mirror lake, if you finish it you will always be rewared with 2 mega snacks that gives 30 xp each. I have trained 2 pets to mega by farming mirror lake over and over. If you can find a good team outside then this dungeon takes only around 30minutes to finish.

Happy wizarding,

Nicholas IceCaster Archmage Thaumaturge