Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

New Spell: Change Casting Order!

AuthorMessage
Hero
Jul 30, 2012
I have two great ideas for spells. Probably Myth school. Really increase strategy in game play.

1. Mix-It-Up (2 pips)
Starting on the round after this spell is cast and execeuted, the team that went first now goes second! If it gets cast multiple times by various players it keeps flipping back and forth.

2. Swap Position (0 pips)
Change battle location with anybody on your team. (charms, traps, etc move with the wizards).

Explorer
Jul 24, 2010
Very interesting! Now for the second spell, would you end up getting the traps that person had, or would they just take their traps and blades with them?

Squire
Jul 28, 2011
I like these 2 ideas!

These would be really great for boss fights and dungeons

Angie

Survivor
Nov 15, 2009
I think maybe for ice wizards, because it kind of sounds like defending each other...

Tyler Skybreeze, lvl. 42

Geographer
Mar 12, 2013
this sounds awesome.

I've always wanted to do stuff like re-stack traps and prisms in the optimal order, or move our team medic out of harm's way, or put the guy who is casting feint BEFORE the guy who is hitting.

I don't think a "which team goes first" swapper spell would be viable, or fair.

Survivor
May 20, 2009
I think they both are great but maybe the spell where you switch your place couldn't be used in PVP

Explorer
Jun 10, 2012
My first thought was that change casting order sounded like a great idea, until I realized that if we get it, enemies will get it, too. So, no thanks. But if it were to be created, I think 2 pips is too low for a spell that shifts the advantage so dramatically; it should cost at least 4 pips.

Hero
Jul 30, 2012
prairiefalcon on Jun 9, 2013 wrote:
My first thought was that change casting order sounded like a great idea, until I realized that if we get it, enemies will get it, too. So, no thanks. But if it were to be created, I think 2 pips is too low for a spell that shifts the advantage so dramatically; it should cost at least 4 pips.
Good point, but PvE enemies don't use any form of strategy so they wouldn't use casting order spells very effectively. They are poorly coordinated and they don't pay attention to our pips so they often make poor decisions. Their spell casting appears to be quite random.

If the bosses in Avalon/Azteca used strategy we wouldn't have a chance!!! Compared to us they have same/better spells, unlimited mana, unlimited spell cards, more pips, and way more health. But if KI starts introducing strategic logic and strategy in the enemies... whoa look out!

Also not all spells are used by enemies. I have yet to see a PvE enemy cast a convert prism. No polymorphs either. Only special (cheating) bosses cast minions (not the regular minion spell cast).

Defender
Oct 24, 2010
Nice ideas for new spells, I think they certainly fits myth!

Delver
Oct 30, 2011
Nice idea rotten heart.KI should make these the new side myth spells or they can be craftable or come from packs.

Tyler Legendfriend 71