Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Is AV hard?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
May 05, 2012
I have a friend who past AV and told that it is hard. So I want to know, is it?

Champion
Mar 28, 2010
Avalon is easy, my life can solo everything but the jabberwock I bet!
Adam Wintersinger, Level 90 , Wolf Strongbright Level 78 , Luke Dragonblood Level 34 , Angel Level 23 , Talon Level 15 , Valdus Level 15

Adherent
Jul 03, 2010
Blaze3978 on Jun 4, 2013 wrote:
I have a friend who past AV and told that it is hard. So I want to know, is it?
I found it difficult but my level of game expertise is low so I am not good at selecting proper gear etc.

I have been though it twice now but do not feel I play well enough for these types of worlds, we deal with quite a few defeats. I have 2 other family members that I quest will that do not play well at all so maybe that is what makes it harder for me?

Survivor
May 05, 2012
thanks for the advice. im in zf right now. now I know that jobberwock (whoever that is) sounds hard.

Defender
Nov 01, 2012
Adam Wintersinger on Jun 5, 2013 wrote:
Adam Wintersinger, Level 90 , Wolf Strongbright Level 78 , Luke Dragonblood Level 34 , Angel Level 23 , Talon Level 15 , Valdus Level 15
You are a life wizard -_-
Of course you can solo it when you can easily heal. Other schools might not have such an easy time.
Its easy in the beginning, but gets a little more difficult when you are almost done with it. Over all it isn't hard, and its pretty fun. The jabberwock isn't as hard ad everyone says he is.

Squire
Jul 28, 2011
I have some more advice.

Going from ZF to AV is a big change that you have to be ready for. Get good gear/pet etc. The fighting style used for this world is completely different than ZF. Each school has it's own PvE style for AV also. Adapt to what deck you need and what spells you need for an easy win.

Angela Dragonstone level 85

Survivor
May 05, 2012
wizardrokz on Jun 6, 2013 wrote:
I have some more advice.

Going from ZF to AV is a big change that you have to be ready for. Get good gear/pet etc. The fighting style used for this world is completely different than ZF. Each school has it's own PvE style for AV also. Adapt to what deck you need and what spells you need for an easy win.

Angela Dragonstone level 85
thx. is Waterworks gear good for at least the beginning? Any opinion is fine. Btw I am so i'm hoping to hear
from fire wizards.

Mastermind
Feb 29, 2012
AV is where you start to see the cracks in WW gear. You need higher block than WW gear will provide.
Crafting the block boots and athame will help out a lot. I crafted the whole set of gear, as I was tired of having a critical get through.
If you don't want to do that, you might be able to get by with a high block wand. As soon as I started wearing the AV crafted gear/athame I didn't have a critical get through unblocked until AZ.

Survivor
Apr 25, 2010
I think AV was a challenge but easy, know i;m in ghost AV and about to get the sword of kings!!!!

someone please help me?

Benjamin Sea Flame lvl.79

Champion
Mar 28, 2010
Percy373 on Jun 6, 2013 wrote:
You are a life wizard -_-
Of course you can solo it when you can easily heal. Other schools might not have such an easy time.
Its easy in the beginning, but gets a little more difficult when you are almost done with it. Over all it isn't hard, and its pretty fun. The jabberwock isn't as hard ad everyone says he is.
I never healed once since I started Avalon.

Survivor
May 05, 2012
pods1973 on Jun 7, 2013 wrote:
AV is where you start to see the cracks in WW gear. You need higher block than WW gear will provide.
Crafting the block boots and athame will help out a lot. I crafted the whole set of gear, as I was tired of having a critical get through.
If you don't want to do that, you might be able to get by with a high block wand. As soon as I started wearing the AV crafted gear/athame I didn't have a critical get through unblocked until AZ.
Thx for the advice. while I advance in av, I'll change my gear. I knew it was a good idea to get a wand with a lot of critical block. I sometimes port to my friends in av and see that the enemies have kind of a lot of critical.

Blaze WildBreaker Level 68

(I like how you can change the color of your words. I'm new to it .)

Defender
Jul 26, 2009
Adam Wintersinger on Jun 5, 2013 wrote:
+1 I have 3 wizards through (Or going through) Avalon, 907676 and ill be working on (28)(28)(50) Shortly

Eric Legendtamer (90)(76)(76)(50)
(28)(28(20)(1)

Defender
May 29, 2009
Blaze3978 on Jun 6, 2013 wrote:
thanks for the advice. im in zf right now. now I know that jobberwock (whoever that is) sounds hard.
Yup just beat him, he has 25,000 health and ridiculous cheats. Good luck when you get to him. I think Avalon could've been harder on the mobs. Other than that, it's a pretty high difficulty.

Anthony Ashcatcher lv76
"Don't fight fire with fire, unless you have a prism"

Survivor
Jan 25, 2010
Survivor
Aug 09, 2009
What area is the jabberwock. And I watched a video and it looked really hard. And I'm not at the jabberwock yet. And is it as hard as people say it is

Ryan Earth Blossom life student

Defender
Jun 17, 2012
butterfly32238 on Jun 27, 2013 wrote:
What area is the jabberwock. And I watched a video and it looked really hard. And I'm not at the jabberwock yet. And is it as hard as people say it is

Ryan Earth Blossom life student
the jabberwock is in the high road area. jaberwock casts a powerful meteor strike spell that does 1600-3000 damage. you'll be fine if you have your treasure card deck stocked with fire shields. right after he casts the meteor strike he puts a powerful feint on him. (+200 percent) the hardest part about him is his 25,000 lives. i'm sure you'll get it.
Justin firetheif level 78