Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Myth Project

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Dec 30, 2011
I have a myth wizard level 89 and is in Azteca I do think myth was very hard starting off but as I got
more into the game myth became very easy because the minions

Myth people go through things like ever other school but we try not to ask for help so we are mostly lone wolfs
Also I made mine cause I like the fact of legends
If anyone need help or anything tell me the realm and word and area I be there

Geographer
Mar 12, 2013
skullyboy3000 on Jun 19, 2013 wrote:
I have a myth wizard level 89 and is in Azteca I do think myth was very hard starting off but as I got
more into the game myth became very easy because the minions

Myth people go through things like ever other school but we try not to ask for help so we are mostly lone wolfs
Also I made mine cause I like the fact of legends
If anyone need help or anything tell me the realm and word and area I be there
You need to learn to recognize when to ask for help, I think, as you level up in the game.

Defeat and collect - ask for help. Not because you're weak, but because you need to fill out the circle with enemies to have a good chance at collecting.

See myth street mobs? Ask for help, because ain't nobody got time for digging through eleventy good cards to find the two or three or four different prisms you need. Not because you're weak! (Against a single myth boss, you should be able to draw enough prisms to have one before each attack)

Survivor
May 19, 2012
Why myth? Well when i first started playing this game about a year ago the school chosen for me was death. But my friends that invited me to the game were death and fire. So i looked through the options and chose myth because i always liked mythology growing up. Since then i have started a balance, storm, and death. But no matter what i always come back to my myth. She is now a level seventy something and in the elephant graveyard.
I find myself every now and again breaking out my Talos or Cyclops minion. I was never really a fan of the minotaur one for some reason. I still use cyclops because he uses Sprite every now and again. Plus it's nice having the enemy focus attack on someone other then me when i solo and if they don't then the minion gets some attacks in.
I got lucky and my Humungofrog developed the Spritely talent. So did the Gloom Toad i got when my friend and i hatched my Humungofrog and her Scarecrow. So the Gloom Toad went to my new Death wizard.
As far as my gear i use i have a few depending on the fight. My normal gear gives me 30 damage with low resistance. 143 critical for myth 25 for all others except life which has 85. My block rating is 33, 84 for life, 142 for myth, and 183 for death. My healing though is great for not having life as my primary or even my secondary school. A simple Fairy gives me almost 800 health and more often then not i critical.
Ramble over lol

Delver
Jun 17, 2012
AlphaWolf02 on Jun 18, 2013 wrote:
I will check for myths at 3:00 PM eastern time, on Friday. If we can complete the goal, the party time will be announced.
To OP and Alpha Wolf 02, my friend is a myth wiz and might be able to meet in this myth circle in Wiz City Commons tomorrow @ 3:00PM. Which realm, Troll? LOL Please advise.

Delver
Oct 30, 2011
I made a myth a week ago and he is working on Plaza Of Conquests.At lvl 41 I think myth is a unique school with many cool feutures

Survivor
Jun 12, 2013
I would really like to get a myth wizard, but for some reason, I never do. I never get around to it. I would like to because the spells look cool and do slightly more than an average amount of damage (I think).

Jack MythBane , lvl 11, Undead Hunter

Defender
Jan 21, 2011
Guys I am proud to say I've seen quite a few more Myths than I have before but not enough to boast about it! Keep it up and we will make the long scarce Myth abundant!

Survivor
Sep 09, 2012
BlakeDeathSword16 on May 30, 2013 wrote:
I dont have a myth because i just dont know if i want minions to be 90% of my spells for half the game, they might be uselfull at first but we all know how smart npc's are... But mostly its because i like to get battles done with fast especially in the 2nd Arc since there are A LOT of defeat and collect, and i cant really do that when they only have 2 attack all enemies spells and how there second one only does 300 damage. Yes it does take away all wards and charms but thats really only usefull in pvp cause in pve you dont have to worry to much about them shielding unless there balance or ice. So yeah, those are my reasons.
The minions are great each minions have their own great talent.

Golem uses every school takes out shields

Troll needs improvement

Cyclops heals

Minotaur shields

Talos curse and strong cards and 1000 health

So boom!!!! Go myth

Dakota Wildhunter

Survivor
Sep 09, 2012
Why does everyone think myth is only good for quake myth is special in its own way

Survivor
Mar 31, 2012
Defender
Feb 16, 2010
i have a myth but i abandoned it to focus on my main fire wizard and his name is the one i use to pst on the message boards. he is currently working in DS

-jack skullbreeze master of fire

"knowledge is power, use it wisely"

Mastermind
Feb 06, 2010
BlakeDeathSword16 on May 30, 2013 wrote:
I dont have a myth because i just dont know if i want minions to be 90% of my spells for half the game, they might be uselfull at first but we all know how smart npc's are... But mostly its because i like to get battles done with fast especially in the 2nd Arc since there are A LOT of defeat and collect, and i cant really do that when they only have 2 attack all enemies spells and how there second one only does 300 damage. Yes it does take away all wards and charms but thats really only usefull in pvp cause in pve you dont have to worry to much about them shielding unless there balance or ice. So yeah, those are my reasons.
3 all attack spells. blinding light counts too.

Defender
Aug 12, 2012
TheAwesomeMyth on May 30, 2013 wrote:
Okay, so, I made a post earlier about the least/most popular schools. Someone suggested an excellent idea so I'm setting up a project. I will record the statistics later but I would like to know the following:

1) If you have a myth, why did you choose it?

2) If you had a myth, but abandoned it, why did you abandon it?

3) If you don't have a myth, what keeps you from making one?

After these 3 questions are answered I will have the statistics in order and we will soon find out why everyone has been abandoning their precious myths! I would like to give a special thanks to crunkatog (I think that's his name) for giving the idea!
I have a myth; level 7 in triton avenue. He already finished Cyclops lane and I think Dark Cave, too. I forgot his name though, so that's why I never sign off with it...

-Nathaniel Redflame level 46

Survivor
Jul 20, 2009
1. I decided to do myth because it gets to use minion spells, meaning I wont have to ask anyone for help. I also get pretty cool attack spells' like humongo-frog. 2. I might abandon my myth character I find wizard 101 easy, but that's coming from someone who does a lot of side quests. :I

3. People do'n't join myth because they do'n't get the point, because you wont see most of the perks of being myth by talking to drake. At first i did'n't get myth, but now i love it. In other words, they think other schools are better because the see their perks.

Two paragraphs good enough for ya? And your probably thinking that I should abandon my myth character because one of the paragraphs is about why people do'n't join, but if you actually read it you'll see my point.

Defender
May 29, 2013
I just started a Myth wizard and is progressing quickly
My roots are with Balance. Why? I'm a team player
That's why I made a Myth wizard. I believe I can lead the team better when going in for the kill. That shatter is awesome. Breaking all shields right before an attack
Even in Balance, I always supported my Mander and my Spectral Minion (especially my Mander). I set my Mander with Blade and Bladestorm while setting up myself in half the time. That makes me better as a team player. forget 1-on-1. I don't like it. I like 4 on 4. Learning to work with a Minion makes you better with working with other players
Asking for help isn't my thing, nor will it ever be.
"Team before personal gain" is always my motto, even if it's with a minion. I've tried every school except Storm (accuracy is garbage) and Death (Cousin is death). Balance and Myth are my favorites by far. I went far in Life, but having to depend on Storm for offense with that garbage accuracy was too much for me

-Alexander Earthbane, lvl 48 , The Purifier

Survivor
Nov 12, 2011
So from what i've heard from many wizards and witches the new world is NOT going to raise the max level cap, which is very frustrating for a wizard who has been max lvl for awhile and looking forward to moving forward with my wizard. Is this truth or rumors within Ravenwood? Would Professor Greyrose like to personally comment so we can finally put a end to the rumors and really have proper knowledge if there is going to be a lift on the max level cap? Thank you,

Brianna Thunderheart
Lvl 90 (for a very, very, long time) Diviner

Hero
Feb 26, 2012
I chose myth for my third wizard because I have always found myth hard to fight against with my other wizards. The myth abilities to pierce, shatter, earthquake, and stun make it a wicked part of any good PvP team, as well as help with bosses who have excessive defenses.

The minions help a little at times, but I have always found minion AI to be not very bright and often messes up my strategy by stealing traps, or healing and protecting the minions instead of me. So mostly I don't bother with the minions.

One thing I have found very helpful is with my second school being life and a life mastery amulet, the balance blades and traps you can get at the Krokosphinx Balance tree can be used for both myth and life spells, making my myth wizard a double threat.

It is true that myth does not have good area of effect spells, once humongofrog and earthquake become relatively weak, but the individual spells are powerful, and the double-strike spells are good for clearing shields while still getting a good hit in with a single spell. Although, it does take longer to set up a double trap if you want your traps to have a big impact.

Overall, I really enjoy my myth wizard, but he does take a different kind of strategy than fire or storm, to be sure.

Survivor
Jul 10, 2013
Ok so I am a myth conjurer and everybody in the game keeps telling me to switch. I am currently level 40 so I don't really know what to do since I already spent too much time on this guy
Opinions? Thanks

Level 40

Adherent
Mar 12, 2010
Brianna Thunderhea... on Aug 1, 2013 wrote:
So from what i've heard from many wizards and witches the new world is NOT going to raise the max level cap, which is very frustrating for a wizard who has been max lvl for awhile and looking forward to moving forward with my wizard. Is this truth or rumors within Ravenwood? Would Professor Greyrose like to personally comment so we can finally put a end to the rumors and really have proper knowledge if there is going to be a lift on the max level cap? Thank you,

Brianna Thunderheart
Lvl 90 (for a very, very, long time) Diviner
It looks like Aquila is coming to the Live game today. The Game Updates have been moved from Test Realm. Just saw this today:

https://www.wizard101.com/game/update-notes/july2013

And there is a note at the end of the first section: Notes: There's no increase in the level cap with the addition of this Dungeon Zone.

Survivor
May 22, 2013
I've only been playing for about 3 months, and when I took the test I got myth so I just decided to stick with it. Honestly, the name kinda sold me a bit (the other option was death, because it just sounds awesome). Right now she's my main character, although I also created a fire character, but I haven't been playing her that much. I'm only on level 16 so I don't know how she'll fare later on in other worlds.

Explorer
Jan 12, 2012
I had a myth but abandoned it along with all my secondary wizards except my death to make room on my account.

Defender
Jan 21, 2011
Everyone who keeps talking about the minions lemme stop you there, now that Aquila is out I agree that minions is a huge help sometimes, but I'm a level 89 Myth and I use my minions once in a lifetime (except Vassanji ). In the future, during Zafaria and Celestia, you will crash and burn if you rely on minions too much. I stick to the spells I recently earned or the ones that help the most for that situation. Keep Mything!

Blaze Mythmancer Level 89

MYTH!!!!!!!

Defender
Jan 21, 2011
I recommend that anyone abandoning their Myth wizard to move on to another actually hasn't finished the game. One person once told me on of the most brilliant and true things a person can say in this situation, that the main problem is getting the Myth into the higher levels. I can't agree more with this, and let me just say that, because I went on to the higher levels, taking the challenges and the time it takes to do them, I am EXTREMELY HAPPY!!! And I'm sure you would be too. If you push on, Myth becomes really powerful. If you're still not feeling up to it, let me make a challenge for you. If you make it to Level 90 on your Myth, and you are not satisfied, then post it here. If you are, then you've got yourself an insanely powerful Wizard. If you need a role model try looking for a Myth, if you can't find one, which is why I created this topic, then think of how strong you could possibly become.

Defender
Aug 08, 2012
TheAwesomeMyth on Aug 10, 2013 wrote:
I recommend that anyone abandoning their Myth wizard to move on to another actually hasn't finished the game. One person once told me on of the most brilliant and true things a person can say in this situation, that the main problem is getting the Myth into the higher levels. I can't agree more with this, and let me just say that, because I went on to the higher levels, taking the challenges and the time it takes to do them, I am EXTREMELY HAPPY!!! And I'm sure you would be too. If you push on, Myth becomes really powerful. If you're still not feeling up to it, let me make a challenge for you. If you make it to Level 90 on your Myth, and you are not satisfied, then post it here. If you are, then you've got yourself an insanely powerful Wizard. If you need a role model try looking for a Myth, if you can't find one, which is why I created this topic, then think of how strong you could possibly become.
Myth rocks! My myth is now 19 and in Krokotopia. Myth will always be a challenge and are amazing. Even if your a myth trying to beat Malistaire or farming Jade Oni, minions just made it a bit easier.

Geographer
Mar 12, 2013
Myth also gets one of the coolest master badges - Master of Monsters.

Reminds me of a WWE title or heavyweight boxing nickname.