Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Least/Most Popular Schools

AuthorMessage
Defender
Aug 08, 2012
Least popular would be Myth, most popular is fire or storm.

Mastermind
Mar 13, 2012
Here is my list of Favorite to least favorite schools:

Love fire, hate ice. No offence to you ice wizards at all!!! I just don't like the school for reason. And no idea why Myth is dying out ... I'm thinking my next char will be a myth.

Survivor
May 12, 2013
Look the most popular ones are fire and storm not only in the higher lvl worlds but everywhere. I was doing DS yesterday and found a bunch of fire and storm one death and three life but no myth. I think that most myth students are just hiding in other realms or if they abandoned myth then they don't love the game. I'm a storm, i didn't chose it because its popular i chose it for the leviathan and triton which are my favorite spells. I still think that the best school and my second favorite for pvp these days is myth, specialy because a lot if low lvl just buy a ton of tower shields. Only one spell is needed for that "Shatter".

Wolf Hawkeyes lvl 45 storm

Defender
Jan 21, 2011
Crunkatog, I'm sorry I couldn't come on, I'm about to go on a trip for a week, sadly. I'll give you the next time that we can establish a meeting. Sorry!

Explorer
Jul 16, 2012
TheAwesomeMyth on May 27, 2013 wrote:
Ever since Avalon came out I noticed something. Everywhere I went I saw fire, fire, fire ,fire, death, ice, storm, storm, storm, life, life, death, balance, balance, and then only one Myth: me. I believe that ever since Avalon came out, people started ditching Myth and getting mastery amulets for it instead. So the point is, I would like to know your opinion on the most popular and the least popular schools. The least popular one is Myth, in my opinion, and the most popular is Fire, also in my opinion. What's yours?
:P Myth is getting dropped?
Wow.

Explorer
Jul 24, 2010
Top to bottom, the top is my favorite, and the bottom is my least favorite. (I am counting the Astral Schools.)

Defender
Jan 22, 2012
:I reckon the most popular schools are Fire and Storm, and the least popular is Myth.
If we were including all magic schools, then I'd say the astral ones were the least common :P
Sierra Ashblood, Legendary

Survivor
Jun 01, 2012
these are my favorites then those are my favorites best to least

Survivor
Nov 21, 2012
Well I like any school! But I'll like to say... I very do not like life... Sorry life lovers...

~Jack Wraith.

Survivor
Apr 19, 2012
i love my myth , i don't care who likes it i do .....i think the game needs to give us the pips like it does the things we fight ,they get all there pips and we got to build ours so unfair to the players..

Survivor
Sep 11, 2011
id say that fire is the most popular and I think that myth is the least popular. I see a lot of fire students but not very often do I see myth students. but I am a ice student

Survivor
Apr 26, 2011
It is quite unfortunate that Myth is an unpopular school, because it is the best school. I put this in quote from Wizard101.com in the Myth section, "Myth Wizards eventually get four different types of minions, each with a little different function. They have their own moderate damage spells with moderate accuracy.They also have the ability of taking down defenses on other players, so if someone is stacking a bunch of defensive spells, a Myth wizard can get rid of them." Myth is my secondary school but i wish I made it my primary. I think fire is most popular.

RachelSpellCaster

GO AND !!!!!

Survivor
Apr 16, 2012
It is true, myth seems to be dying out. But I think it is because of Cyrus. I can't rightly say.. My myth is only lvl 2.

Alexis SilverHeart Storm lvl 61

Defender
Jul 02, 2009
Don't you guys be hating on myth! Myth is awesome! Although I'm not entirely proud of my minions. And I'm very sad to say that I too have not seen that many myth wizards myself. In fact just about all the myth wizards I've met are my friends. Each are awesome, but I've got a lot of friends, and only about 5 are myth. Why is there a shortage in myth brilliance? Seriously! It's a great school. Don't be a hating on myth.

Survivor
Nov 21, 2012
Most popular 2 least in my opinian

I personally like myth and balance (even though there least popular typically).

Survivor
Jan 02, 2012
Myth is a pretty sweet school, I think... Unfortunately, I have a wizard of every school but myth, because I am not allowed to make a second account and there are only 6 spots available for one account. I really don't know why it is dying out; what's worse about it than the other schools? Anyway, go myth lovers. Have a wonderful day!

Rebecca Shadowbreeze Lvl 66 Megan Sunsong Lvl 51 Ryan Lvl 44 Sophia Rubyflame Lvl 35 Isabella Rose Lvl 32 Haley Stormcloud Lvl 13 Thank you for your time.

Mastermind
Feb 06, 2010
I commonly see a ton of deaths (All prometheans) and a huge amount of storms. I think myth should be popular because they can deal with anyone anytime. They have the largest stun and boy do they counter heckhound with shift. Plus they can deal with shield stackers with pierce and shatter. Once I was watching PvP and it was fire vs. myth. The fire stacked so many shield and he buried him self in a treasure 14 pip frozen armor with a conviction. The myth couldn't find his shatter or his treasure supernova. It was looking bad for the myth. The fire spammed colossal fire elves and colossal fire dragons the myth had 1,000 health. He put a lot of towers on while the fire used fuel (tc and normal) and other blades and traps to the max. The myth landed a critical satyr and was at full the fire was stacking hard and he had 14 pips the myth has 4. Then the fire does a critical unblocked heckhound but myth shifts the hound back at him and won. I felt like I should be a myth.

Survivor
Dec 14, 2009
The least popular schools are death, myth, and balance as they are the hardest to play successfully.

As you could probably tell by my name my favourite school to play as is death because of our unique approach to PvP.

Mastermind
Jun 02, 2013
Here's a chart of popularity ratings I see (1-10)

1. Storm

2. Death
3. Fire
4. Life
5. Ice
6. Balance
7. Myth

It's sad Myth is getting abandoned, it's my second favorite school. I really don't know why some people just scoff aside schools these days.

- Isaac Goldenriver, level 28

Survivor
Jan 16, 2011
Personally, I think is the least popular (as in infamous because of its OP resist, but a lot of people still choose it. Death is a pretty awesome school in my opinion. Here are my favourite to least favourite schools:

(tied 1st)

(tied 3rd)

Survivor
Jan 03, 2013
TheAwesomeMyth on May 27, 2013 wrote:
Ever since Avalon came out I noticed something. Everywhere I went I saw fire, fire, fire ,fire, death, ice, storm, storm, storm, life, life, death, balance, balance, and then only one Myth: me. I believe that ever since Avalon came out, people started ditching Myth and getting mastery amulets for it instead. So the point is, I would like to know your opinion on the most popular and the least popular schools. The least popular one is Myth, in my opinion, and the most popular is Fire, also in my opinion. What's yours?
In my opinion, ( balance) is the least popular and (storm) is most popular for little kids. Little kids don't think about strategy and all they care about is damage. (fire) is my favorite type though.

Mastermind
Mar 13, 2012
What I think;

In order from my liking;

(Sorry, It's just.... not for me.)

Historian
Jul 18, 2010
All I see is elemental wizards these days well , mostly. I don't really see much spiritual wizards too often or even balance . I have each of every school except ice. I used to but I deleted her because I thought ice was boring , and replaced her with balance (which is so much fun!) . I hardly see any myth, so whenever I see one around my level, I friend them. I like myth because its unique and fun. It's wonderful but myth wizards r "dying out" day by day ....

My favorites/least faves top = faves

Most popular in my opinion , top being most pop

That's why I love my myth wizard even more and quest with her pretty often. Myth wizards are special now, it's rare to see them

Amber Nightwhisper lvl 45 MYTH

Squire
May 10, 2013
DuelMasterJack on Jun 6, 2013 wrote:
Well I like any school! But I'll like to say... I very do not like life... Sorry life lovers...

~Jack Wraith.
Yes, life My brother did not like because they heal to often. It gets annoying that you can't attack a lot.
Any friends of Christopher Emerald, He no longer plays. If you find Sean HawkHunter in the Commons
in Wraith Area 1, he will tell you more

Defender
Jul 02, 2009
Most people who don't like myth, or who are hating on it, probably haven't tried the school class, or don't know how to use the school tactics. Every school has a certain strategy. For death it's life draining, for ice it's "the barricade effect", a.k.a, lots of shields, for life it's healing, and etc, and etc. Myth is good for minions and stunning spells, and even the unique double attack spell. Oh yeah! The bane of the tower shields! I really wish myth got used more often. So many are missing out.