Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

vonawesome's pvp experiment~

AuthorMessage
Archon
Feb 07, 2011
so i went back to the arena for the first time since the update (as both spectator and participant) just to see what a train wreck it's become.

first, my level 90 balance wizard visited 2 4v4 matches; in both duels, there was at least a 30-level gap between players on opposite teams.

1st match: 4 grand/legendary warlords vs. 1 legendary private and 3 promethean captains

first of all, i'd like to know what ki's idea of an evenly-matched team is, because this is not evenly matched in the slightest.

sure, the warlords probably had their commander gear, etc... but they don't have access to things like colossal (even in tc, as they are no trade) or extra blades/armour-piercing weapons/Azteca crafted gear. and the prometheans have much better critical, block, etc... naturally, the second team won. the first one didn't even stand a chance.

2nd match: 4 grandmaster captains vs. 4 promethean captains.

WHAT? seriously. i could list all of the many advantages the second team had over the first one... but, to save space, let's just say that the prometheans won again.

womp.

-

i thought it couldn't get any worse. so i took my level 22 pyromancer (who is a 1st-age sergeant) to the arena for a few fights. it was supposed to get the rage out of my system, but ended up having the opposite effect.

round #1~ loss to a level 12 myth captain in full commander gear;
round #2~ same guy, same result;
round #3~ same guy, beat him with TC Judge (call me a noob if you will, but one does what one must);
round #4~ lost to a level 33 myth jade turtle when i accidentally offed myself with immolate;
round #5~ beat a level 30 life private with almost twice my health;
round #6~ beat a level 30 balance private who thought he could outshield me (lol).
new record is 3-3, which brings me back to a even 500;
and, on top of that, the rewards are nonexistent.

(only 2 tickets for beating a captain? are you kidding me?)

observation:

according to this little experiment, my opponent will be either:

1) at least 5-10 levels above me, or
2) a captain or higher.

at the end of 1st-age pvp, i was a sergeant (613); this means that, were i to hit 613 in the second age, i'd end up facing someone who was at least level 60, if not higher.

-

to me, a fair match is one where both wizards are matched in skill, level, and rank; yet, after a billion updates, ki has made absolutely no progress on this end and pvp is still broken.

there is a major problem here, and restricting reshuffle to one use wasn't the answer.

-v.
1st-age pvp sergeant, supporter of the little wizard.

Defender
Nov 01, 2012
Preach ^_^
That's exactly the truth about these so called solutions they have created for pvp.

Survivor
Jul 15, 2012
Once you reach high level, the tickets are better. I believe I get 28 wining or losing.
Now for the level. I am a warlord with 1917 ratting ATM, I have only been fighting higher levels for a long time. I get warlords with 1100 Rating but level 50 to 55, with new pvp gear. I fight captains level 60. Most of my fights, they are level 60 to 70. But I do have to fight some 70 to 80 here and there. Fair? I don't think so. And they critical, don't matter how good or bad their skill are, is like over to me. I have 1500 health. I got one shot by a storm guy that crit. I didn't even had a chance to cast. I been debating going to 50.
But the hole reason I stay low was because my ice 71 is a warlord, and the fights were taking forever. My fire 90, pvp is not even fun anymore. And I hear level 50 warlords going vs 90, that is even worse them what I get now. Don't matter what, still a 90 with a lot spells, health, etc. I wish was a bit more fair, but i still have fun...

Geographer
Mar 12, 2013
"round #4~ lost to a level 33 myth jade turtle when i accidentally offed myself with immolate;"

This made me chuckle, I've wasted myself by trying to dark pact without noticing I had a hex :(

but yeah the pvp matching system needs to correct for:

--wizard level
--wizard pvp rank

simultaneously.

Explorer
Sep 05, 2010
Dr Von on May 27, 2013 wrote:
so i went back to the arena for the first time since the update (as both spectator and participant) just to see what a train wreck it's become.

first, my level 90 balance wizard visited 2 4v4 matches; in both duels, there was at least a 30-level gap between players on opposite teams.

1st match: 4 grand/legendary warlords vs. 1 legendary private and 3 promethean captains

first of all, i'd like to know what ki's idea of an evenly-matched team is, because this is not evenly matched in the slightest.

sure, the warlords probably had their commander gear, etc... but they don't have access to things like colossal (even in tc, as they are no trade) or extra blades/armour-piercing weapons/Azteca crafted gear. and the prometheans have much better critical, block, etc... naturally, the second team won. the first one didn't even stand a chance.

WHAT? seriously. i could list all of the many advantages the second team had over the first one... but, to save space, let's just say that the prometheans won again.

womp.

-

i thought it couldn't get any worse. so i took my level 22 pyromancer (who is a 1st-age sergeant) to the arena for a few fights. it was supposed to get the rage out of my system, but ended up having the opposite effect.

round #3~ same guy, beat him with TC Judge (call me a noob if you will, but one does what one must);
round #4~ lost to a level 33 myth jade turtle when i accidentally offed myself with immolate;
round #6~ beat a level 30 balance private who thought he could outshield me (lol).

observation:

2) a captain or higher.

at the end of 1st-age pvp, i was a sergeant (613); this means that, were i to hit 613 in the second age, i'd end up facing someone who was at least level 60, if not higher.

-

to me, a fair match is one where both wizards are matched in skill, level, and rank; yet, after a billion updates, ki has made absolutely no progress on this end and pvp is still broken.

there is a major problem here, and restricting reshuffle to one use wasn't the answer.

-v.
I know, I tried PVP on my level 28 1st age PVP Veteran.

1st match: Won with a double poison
2nd match: Lost because they used a Royal Triton and bad luck gave me no attack cards
3rd match: Won, they used an orthrus TC on me and an otomo fury card on me
4th match: Lost again to a royal triton
5th match against a friend: ANOTHER royal Triton but this was practice (seriously, is this how a commander fights? with pet cards that level 30's shouldn't have?)

I only did 5 matches though. PVP is so much worse now than back then at lower levels.

Illuminator
Oct 22, 2011
I watched Von's first two matches, so I know what happened.

Von - Really? You offed yourself? I'm rolling on the floor for that one. I wasn't there, but sure wished I was!

Hmm. Sounds like the time you, me and DarthJT were in a team match and Darth offed himself with Insane Bolt. I laughed at that one, too.

Survivor
May 16, 2013
Dr Von on May 27, 2013 wrote:

womp.

-

observation:

2) a captain or higher.

-

-v.
Recently watched a video that made me laugh. Its called: Puppets being owned by the PvP system. By BrookeSummerflame, It was hilarious. The 2 teams went into the match and lined up and it was 90 90 90 90 against 50 90 90 90 and the non-puppets went first. I was laughing and showed it to my brother for us to have a laugh together. It may not work all the time but it does work sometimes.

My most outleveled match:

My team: Myth 58, Death 58, Death 58 (corporal, veteran, private)

Opponent: Life 80, Fire 90, and an Ice level 89

We went second and got owned, but not before doing considerable damage to them..I don't go down without a fight!

Wolf Mythhammer, the Courageous Conjurer

Defender
Dec 25, 2012
wolf legend on May 29, 2013 wrote:
Recently watched a video that made me laugh. Its called: Puppets being owned by the PvP system. By BrookeSummerflame, It was hilarious. The 2 teams went into the match and lined up and it was 90 90 90 90 against 50 90 90 90 and the non-puppets went first. I was laughing and showed it to my brother for us to have a laugh together. It may not work all the time but it does work sometimes.

My most outleveled match:

My team: Myth 58, Death 58, Death 58 (corporal, veteran, private)

Opponent: Life 80, Fire 90, and an Ice level 89

We went second and got owned, but not before doing considerable damage to them..I don't go down without a fight!

Wolf Mythhammer, the Courageous Conjurer
reminds me when my pvp team vs tree level 90 and one 50 my team was all 55 to 60 we owned them there like went afk the hole battle when he came back we just had killed him and there team so my team found out puppets gonna die and say we cheated they all do after losing this is are team if you wondering me then them

Archon
Feb 07, 2011
BrynnerOfReign on May 28, 2013 wrote:
I watched Von's first two matches, so I know what happened.

Von - Really? You offed yourself? I'm rolling on the floor for that one. I wasn't there, but sure wished I was!

Hmm. Sounds like the time you, me and DarthJT were in a team match and Darth offed himself with Insane Bolt. I laughed at that one, too.
Haha, yeah~ that's kinda how it went, except that I was by myself and didn't have anyone to heal me.

Poor me.

Illuminator
Oct 22, 2011
Dr Von on May 31, 2013 wrote:
Haha, yeah~ that's kinda how it went, except that I was by myself and didn't have anyone to heal me.

Poor me.

We might have to have Kieran and Angela PvP together to keep you from defeating yourself (LOL).

Brynn
Brynner of Reign
"Bringer of Rain"