Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Turning off the "falling sky"

AuthorMessage
Mastermind
Oct 11, 2009
I've just completed Azteca, and I have to say that I was amazed at the ending, and how dramatic it was to see the world being destroyed. However, after about 5 minutes being in the Azteca where the sky is black, meteorites hit the ground, and sad music plays in the air, I quickly began to hate it. The small meteroites hitting the ground sometimes make my game lag, and it gets irritating. Not to mention the dark sky and the music really make traveling in Azteca depressing. I know that I can turn off the music, but I'd still like to be able to listen to the old Azteca music. I think that there should be an option to have the old or the new Azteca once the world is completed.

Maybe you could be able to go to that giant round token thing beside the minigames and it would say something like "Press X to light the sky". Of course, if you wanted to change it back, you could then "Press X to darken the sky". I hope this can me implemented into the game.

Explorer
Nov 17, 2012
William DarkFlame on Apr 11, 2013 wrote:
I've just completed Azteca, and I have to say that I was amazed at the ending, and how dramatic it was to see the world being destroyed. However, after about 5 minutes being in the Azteca where the sky is black, meteorites hit the ground, and sad music plays in the air, I quickly began to hate it. The small meteroites hitting the ground sometimes make my game lag, and it gets irritating. Not to mention the dark sky and the music really make traveling in Azteca depressing. I know that I can turn off the music, but I'd still like to be able to listen to the old Azteca music. I think that there should be an option to have the old or the new Azteca once the world is completed.

Maybe you could be able to go to that giant round token thing beside the minigames and it would say something like "Press X to light the sky". Of course, if you wanted to change it back, you could then "Press X to darken the sky". I hope this can me implemented into the game.
it would be weird if they made azteca end with the same music and nothing happening it makes sense when it's like that i am fine with the music but you don't like it so i have no right to change your mind. make a low lvl wizard and tell a close friend to add you and send you to azteca so then you can hear the old music before azteca was destroyed. and 1 more thing it wouldn't really make sense if you could light the sky the world is dying so the darkness is a great touch

Champion
Mar 28, 2010
William DarkFlame on Apr 11, 2013 wrote:

Solution: get the scroll and a music player and play the scroll at your house, light sky, and no meteorites.

Survivor
Jan 16, 2011
Yeah I agree, after I beat Xibalba I was really surprised with the way it ended.
Its really depressing after a while. Maybe when the next world comes out (it's about time :P) when Merle says something about bringing forth the forces of light we could stop the detitation of AZ and stop it from being destroyed.

Hero
Jul 30, 2012
Agreed. Continuing questing, or helping others get through is hugely annoying in outdoor areas.

Perhaps the comet can do its damage and leave its destruction all over the place. Does the sky need to fall for the next 6-12 months? (or whenever the next installment is released.)

Geographer
Mar 12, 2013
Maybe there's a way to beat Xibalba and then exit the game before the cinematic or something, so you get your drops but don't have to watch the ugly happen.

I don't care if I get the badge or anything, just want to finish as much of the game as possible but avoid having laggy meteor strike sky all the time.

I do wish there was a way to toggle this effect off. "Happy Dinosaurs" and "Sad Dinosaurs" toggle button in your Advanced Game Options would be nice.

Delver
Oct 30, 2011
This should highly be added to the game