Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Avalon, fun or nightmare?

AuthorMessage
Explorer
Jul 16, 2012
I love to get the inside scoop before I go there. Is it fun or not?

Explorer
Jun 20, 2009
I'm with you. I'm only on Krokotopia!

Marissa BattleFLame
Level 19 Theurgist

Explorer
Jul 13, 2012
Avalon was very cool, lots to keep you occupied.

Survivor
Feb 15, 2009
Let me just say, Avalon is what you make of it. It is a place full of grueling hard work, and it takes a lot of talent to beat. I'm not nearly close to done with Avalon. It can be fun, and it can be a nightmare if that makes sense. If you have friends and family playing with you it can be exciting and full of enjoyment. Once you get there, try tagging along with friends. Unfortunately when I reached Avalon I put a lot of hard work into it, then I decided to take a break. That just let everyone go ahead of me lol. Good luck!

Best Wishes,
Kevin FireRider
Level 75 Transcendent Pyromancer

Explorer
Jul 16, 2012
I can't wait wait to get there! I'm in Celestia and it is a nightmare!

Squire
Jul 28, 2011
Depends on how you play.... You need good gear, good deck and good spells. You also need to save your self some free time to do the tough dungeons. If you can do these Avalon is fun

-Angela DragonStone
The wizard that rokz

Explorer
Aug 23, 2012
Avalon is tied for my second favorite world with Zafaria. I like having a challenge in front of me, the music is awesome, and Everything about it is just amazing in my opinion. THis world is nothing like the others and I think KingsIsle did an excelent job on it.

Survivor
Apr 20, 2010
Ok i know I am a little late too this party but i thought avalon was after azteca please tell me.

Archon
Feb 07, 2011
i love avalon~ it's my second-favourite world (after dragonspyre, of course), for a few reasons:

-arthurian mythology;
-monty python references all over the place;
-it came the closest to recapturing the magic of the first arc, and
-it had the most coherent plotline since dragonspyre.

my storm wizard is in caer lyon now, and i'm in no rush to complete the world; it's so pretty, and has just the right element of challenge, doesn't border on abusive... *cough* AZTECA *cough*

-von
(requires... a shrubbery!)

Illuminator
Oct 22, 2011
Dr Von on Apr 9, 2013 wrote:
i love avalon~ it's my second-favourite world (after dragonspyre, of course), for a few reasons:

-arthurian mythology;
-monty python references all over the place;
-it came the closest to recapturing the magic of the first arc, and
-it had the most coherent plotline since dragonspyre.

my storm wizard is in caer lyon now, and i'm in no rush to complete the world; it's so pretty, and has just the right element of challenge, doesn't border on abusive... *cough* AZTECA *cough*

-von
(requires... a shrubbery!)
Couldn't have said it better myself. Avalon is one to take slowly ..... to appreciate all the nuances in the storyline and characters you talk to. It's the most cohesive since the first arc. In Avalon, who cares about Morganthe when you're having this much fun? (ok, except the young Morganthe dungeon, I tried to put her out of my head before that).

It can be scary the first time you get there, but once you get used to the area, it's actually a lot of fun.

Explorer
May 14, 2009
I'm in avalon. It isn't bad at all, however, I am afraid to go to Azteca.

Champion
Mar 27, 2011
Avalon is a blast! Best world ever! Funny jokes, interesting quests, nice scenery, great boss fights, and a good story line - go for it, you'll be glad you did.

Survivor
Jul 02, 2011
Avalon is not the best, but it is good. There are fun bosses, but the downside to that is that there are too many. The quests are funny sometimes, and I think it looks the coolest.
But I warn you...
Be prepared for boss after boss after boss after boss after...

Champion
Aug 20, 2010
Explorer
Jun 20, 2009
yklmj on Apr 9, 2013 wrote:
Ok i know I am a little late too this party but i thought avalon was after azteca please tell me.
Avalon is before Azteca.

Explorer
Jul 16, 2012
I just got into Avalon. Now I'm a little nervous

Survivor
Jan 01, 2009
I thought Avalon was awesome! It's just the first two places, Caer Lyon, and High Road, those I could not stand, but the rest was fun for me!

Kyle 85- Balance

Survivor
Jun 24, 2010
Well, when I got to Avalon, I was quite suprised of how easy the first minions were. I did get to Avalon early (Friend Teleports, Not quests) and I thought It would be harder than normal. But once I got to Avalon, it was actually fun! The new spells I got there, such as icespear, elemental spear, and mass ice prism really helped me out. I'm already wondering how hard Azteca will be!
~Good Luck!

~~~Isaac GreenGem, Level 80 wizard

Explorer
Jan 19, 2010
Avalon I like it. A lot of repeat of fights, but the bosses are challenging in a good way, high life, but not cheaters. I am independant and like to solo. I have had no problems with it being too hard.
Chelsea Titanwhisper
75 Balance.

Survivor
Feb 29, 2012
I personally LOVE Avalon. It's a good challenge with the Jabberwock, Young Morganthe, etc. I'm enjoying myself so far, and I'm loving how it's proving that it's not going to be easy. Yes, it is rather difficult, but it's my favorite world. Celestia was way worse.

Oh, and the Monty Python references are awesome, as is the Arthurian Legend! I love Avalon.
Emma Stormshade, Transcendent Sorceress

Defender
Nov 01, 2012
Fun. Only world I know the story line in xD

Defender
Jul 03, 2012
Lots of collecting at the beginning.

Rylee SpiritBlood Lvl 73 PvP: Private
Amber Lvl 5 PvP: Captain

Delver
Mar 05, 2013
Avalon is my favorite world so far. Great scenery and music. I'm a big fan of Arthurian legend. Plus, lol, Page Jimmy made my day, being a long time Led Zeppelin fan. I hated Celestia with a passion, so much that I refuse to go there unless I absolutely have to. It was way too difficult for the level I was at, although I must admit I learned a few tricks there, so it wasn't all bad. I'm just starting the Catacombs, hope Azteca isn't too far away. Have fun :)

Explorer
Apr 20, 2011
Avalon is fun its just 2 living nightmares live there 1. The Jabberwock 2. Young Morganthe hits you with mammoth every round.