Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

which is better watchtower hall or life house

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Nov 05, 2011
i'm a grandmaster artisan and i been thinking about crafting the watchtower hall(recipe in grizzlehiem) but i cost a lot of money just to buy it and it needs a lot of other things in order for you to even craft it. i've also been interested in the life house this cost 10,000 crowns and can be found in the crown shop. i want to know which one is better and if its worth it to craft the watchtower hall.

Armiger
Feb 25, 2009
lauren ashdreamer on Mar 22, 2013 wrote:
i'm a grandmaster artisan and i been thinking about crafting the watchtower hall(recipe in grizzlehiem) but i cost a lot of money just to buy it and it needs a lot of other things in order for you to even craft it. i've also been interested in the life house this cost 10,000 crowns and can be found in the crown shop. i want to know which one is better and if its worth it to craft the watchtower hall.
The Watchtower is a lot of work. It will cost you OVER $100,000 gold to craft. There used to be a thread on Central with the full recipe and the cost to buy and craft all the components. I purchased the life house from the Crowns shop and a little tip here, click on that house the click on the buy for GOLD, That house can be bought for $100,000 gold. Most of the houses can be bought for gold so if you have enough, it is the cheaper way to go. Gold is also easier to farm and replace than crowns. Crowns being REAL money you may want to use for something else.

Champion
Dec 01, 2011
DragonLady1818 on Mar 22, 2013 wrote:
The Watchtower is a lot of work. It will cost you OVER $100,000 gold to craft. There used to be a thread on Central with the full recipe and the cost to buy and craft all the components. I purchased the life house from the Crowns shop and a little tip here, click on that house the click on the buy for GOLD, That house can be bought for $100,000 gold. Most of the houses can be bought for gold so if you have enough, it is the cheaper way to go. Gold is also easier to farm and replace than crowns. Crowns being REAL money you may want to use for something else.
Would you please be able to provide a link to that thread? I have the recipe and I would like some sort of order or purchase list or, you know.

Thanks! I'll do some research on my side!

Survivor
Feb 15, 2013
The life house is so much better. Not only do you have a lot of room inside for housing items, but a ton of space for a garden/statues/trees/towers etc...

I personally think it looks better and has a better atmosphere then the watchtower too. : ).

Squire
Mar 07, 2011
I crafted The Watchtower Hall and it took me roughly two weeks to gather all the necessary components to craft it. Watchtower Hall is a very cool house.

If you decide to craft it, it's best to write a list of the items you will need, some of which are other craft-able only items. Try to focus on one component at a time and a couple weeks down the road you will have a fine Watchtower Hall. Make sure to craft it with a wizard you are going to want to play for a long time to come. You cannot switch houses between wizards.

For what it's worth you can buy the Life House with gold coins instead of crowns. You just need to click the "gold" button when in the crown shop. KI makes this little known feature hidden, I assume, to increase profits from real money purchases.

Survivor
May 13, 2012
ive had several houses but the best by far is the new one. red barn house..all plants love it . it is huge inside and you can buy it for 125,000 gold. and comes with its own twister in the back garden and a pond with leaping fish

Survivor
Apr 20, 2013
I love the Life House; and I did not know the trick of buying it with Gold - but if you intend to Garden; the Red Barn Farm can not be beat... For sheer pleasant atmosphere; the Life House ranks very high on my list; and if you like the Life House, do not forget about the Wooded Cottage; it makes a great second home retreat connected to your Life house with a teleporter; buy two teleporters and set them to take you back and forth between the two; I find this the most relaxing set of two homes for my Life Wizard

Delver
Jul 15, 2011
I'd place my vote on the watch tower hall. It can't be purchased and it's the hardest craftable house to make. So not may people actually have it, which makes it a bit more original. The life house is nice, but if you're looking to accomplish something many others haven't done, then craft a house.

Defender
Jul 10, 2009
I'd choose the Watchtower hall, personally. Its a unique house and it has a lot of space. Do take note, however, I craft the Celesetia Crafting House,and it took me about a year and having max gold almost four times. The Watchtower hall is probably easier, and the new Avalon Crafting house is even easier. The Life house isn't half bad, its just a lot more common.

Haley MoonHeart, Archmage Thaumagture

Explorer
May 06, 2012
Rabitt001 on May 22, 2013 wrote:
I love the Life House; and I did not know the trick of buying it with Gold - but if you intend to Garden; the Red Barn Farm can not be beat... For sheer pleasant atmosphere; the Life House ranks very high on my list; and if you like the Life House, do not forget about the Wooded Cottage; it makes a great second home retreat connected to your Life house with a teleporter; buy two teleporters and set them to take you back and forth between the two; I find this the most relaxing set of two homes for my Life Wizard
Ummmm im a master atesian and i can craft my own teleporters. no need to waste crowns on it. you can buy the recipe in celesitia base camp.

Hero
Feb 26, 2012
My wizard has both houses, and I like them both. I think Watchtower hall is a better house, in that it is more rare, is a challenge to craft and therefore a big reward when you finally succeed, and it also has more space and atmosphere. It took me a long time to craft Watchtower Hall, but I had fun doing it.
The life house is more peaceful though. The life house is also easy -- you can buy it with gold or crowns and move right in. So I guess it really depends on what you want in a house.

Survivor
Apr 04, 2010
Well, it depends on what kind of house you want. If you want a spacey, natural, colorful house, then the life house is the one for you. If you want a dark, mythic, spacey castle, then I guess the watch tower is the best option.. Oh, and by the way, the life house has cool moving tree things in the garden. I would recommend previewing ALL the houses, just to make sure your getting the best house in your opinion. Especially if you saved gold, because it takes 100,000 gold to buy a life house. Hope I helped

"Your life is yours, and the only person who can truly change it is you."

Mindy Goldpetal, Magus Diviner.

Geographer
Mar 12, 2013
Crafted house > most of the crowns houses.

Except red barn, I've got one on three different wiz and they've ALL paid for themselves several times over.