Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

resistance armor for ice. whaaaaaa?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jan 11, 2009
my friend doesnot have jade armor. she has some crafted gear and what not with some other stuff. her pet gives 14% resist so i undderstand that but. her resistance. is
75% fire. 79% storm and everything else is 48% or around that if not it is a smidge higher.
her critical is 148 her block is all around 118 her healing boost is 32% her attack boost is 34% her health is higher than 5000hp. i mean dang guys i have jade amor and it isnt that good. lets cut down on the resistance or else you will regret it in future levels. doesnt matter if you have 80% boost sorry not gonna do that much.

Illuminator
Oct 22, 2011
Dude, how about reading the other posts about "ice has too much resistance" before posting another thread on the subject.

Each school has special qualities that make them unique. Ice has high health and resistance, but low base damage spells and lower damage boosts compared to other schools. The health and resistance is what keeps them alive while they buff up for a decent attack. Each school has their advantages and disadvantages.

If you want to be afraid, I'll give you my Ice stats:

Health: 6118
Damage: 45%
Resist: 84% Fire, 80% Storm, 51% to all others
Critical: 207
Block: 217 Fire, 226 Ice, 216 Fire, 156 to all others
Healing: 56%
Armor Pierce: 2%
Pet: Polar Cat - Sprite, Fairy, 10% Proof, 5% Defy, 6% Pain Giver (included in stats above)

Anyone can get excellent resist gear without crowns. I know a Storm wizard who has 100%+ resist to Storm attacks. My Balance can get up to 59% resist to all without any crown gear. The only crown gear I use on my Ice is my boots ..... all other gear is crafted or dropped.

There are ways to work around resist.

Survivor
Jan 11, 2009
well how the heck do life types get good stats like that? i either have a good attackig armor or good defense armor. i am talking at least 160 block and 200 critical with a good boost and at leat 45% resistance.

Illuminator
Oct 22, 2011
Magicman123964 on Mar 13, 2013 wrote:
well how the heck do life types get good stats like that? i either have a good attackig armor or good defense armor. i am talking at least 160 block and 200 critical with a good boost and at leat 45% resistance.
Unfortunately, you won't be able to get stats like that with a Life wizard, or other wizards.

However, what I did was farm for good Ice gear, like athames and rings. I did comparisons on the W101 Central Wiki and went to the bosses suggested and farmed.

In my backpack, I have 2 hats, 3 robes, 4 boots, 3 athames, 7 wands, 3 amulets, and 6 rings, that I can switch to for different stat combinations. The stats I have in my post above is my basic gear. It's a good balance between defense and offense for my Ice wizard.

Having good critical in the upper worlds isn't that great any more. Having critical block is more important these days. Having a variety of wands can do that for you. Some have more crit than block, others have more block than crit and some have additional stats like healing, pips and pierce. That's why I have several in my backpack.

Having attack armor and having defense armor is good, but try to mix and match to come up with a balance you can live with as your basic gear. Then all you have to do is switch one or two things and you're set for a particular boss or mob. Check out other Life wizards ..... scope out their gear and see if they have something you don't have, then do a bit of research to find out where you can get it. Is it crown? Is it crafted? Is it dropped?

For example, if I play a support role on my Balance wizard, I will switch gear to lower my damage boost to 27%, but raise my resist, block, and healing (up to 128%). If I'm soloing or am on the offensive, then I have gear that will boost my damage to 88%, with 37-39 resist to all, lower my healing to about 50%, raise my pips, and raise my accuracy.

It's not easy finding what you consider the 'perfect' gear, but having a variety that will help with stats you need is certainly helpful!

Survivor
Jan 11, 2009
oh ok. all the research i've gathered for life is have a pure defence, pure offense, or poor attack and poor defense. tried to merge some but i ended up with 24% attack boost and 28% resistance. critical is 86 and block is 124. healing bonus is 34% and no pierce. power pips was only 43% so i usually do pure attack on quests and pure defense on ranked pvp. i do shield a lot because i am life so i usually win. just was wondering if i could find something to make me less of a shielder. thanks for the info

Mastermind
Mar 05, 2011
KI stop these posts! Haha, and just because you havent figured out a strategy to beat us doesn't mean we need a nerf. Think about it for a minute, I'm against jade gear yet I am not screaming nerf, because going into a pvp I'm already prepared to fight someone like that.

Wolf Skullslinger, Thaumaturge by Trade

Illuminator
Oct 22, 2011
Magicman123964 on Mar 14, 2013 wrote:
oh ok. all the research i've gathered for life is have a pure defence, pure offense, or poor attack and poor defense. tried to merge some but i ended up with 24% attack boost and 28% resistance. critical is 86 and block is 124. healing bonus is 34% and no pierce. power pips was only 43% so i usually do pure attack on quests and pure defense on ranked pvp. i do shield a lot because i am life so i usually win. just was wondering if i could find something to make me less of a shielder. thanks for the info
Trust me, it's not easy to find decent gear these days, especially for some schools, like Life.

What level are you? I don't have a Life wizard myself, but I know some mid to high level Life's that I can scope their gear and see what you can look for.

My Ice wizard is the only one I've been able to find a good balance between offense and defense. My other wizards use either offense or defense when in battle. If you have Waterworks gear, it's a great start that will give you a base to work with. Your wand, athame, amulet and ring are going to give you big help in boosting stats, including healing, some extra damage, pips, critical (not as essential any more), and crit block (very essential).

These days, your pet talents are what can keep you afloat, especially in the higher worlds. Proof, Defy (both resist), Pain Giver (damage boost), Sprite and Fairy, are excellent talents. Accuracy, double damage, and crit block are other talents to consider.

Hope this helps a little!

Survivor
Jan 11, 2009
ohhhhhh thats another thing i need help with. its the pet. i gave up on my ancient gnome it doesnt help at all much just looks cool. i have the sea dragon its adult gives 2% resistance and sprite may cast. i looked online about forest lord. it can give lifeblade and stuff. trained him to teen and got 1% accuracy boost. should i just train sea dragon or stick with forest lord? i been level 90 life for a while and only thing i found thats better than my crafted gear is the azteca crafted gear. but its not worth the trouble. i mean the only thing that is better is. attack boost is 1% better. critical is the same. block is 5 better. same healing boost. a tad more health. 1% extra peircing. and like some other stuff but its so small improvement its not worth it if you 've ever crafted it. i have the knightly armor. the knight helm crafted. i have the best life wand. crown shop bought. i have esprit boots on cause it was better than knight boots. i mean ppl say my critical is the best they've seen ever. 225 critical. but the knight armor is for more of questing mode. i critical all the time and i love it XD. resistance is like 13% to 31% cause myth and death are high resistance for the crafted gear. block eh. 100 but myth and death are 156. health boost owns. i know i should stick with resistance and block cause pc monsters block all the time. but i have every shield in the game litteraly. so im strategic on the battle feild. and i never need help cause i can heal and have guardian sprite when necessary. jade armor never failed me in pvp battle so i have my pvp gear. just wondering if theres something out there thats worth looking at yah know?

Survivor
Sep 25, 2010
ice wizard level 90

these are mine stat

40% Ice Damage and 17% Damage to Fire,Stor,Myth,Life,Death,Balance
79% Fire Resist and 75% Storm Resist and Also 46% Resist Ice,Myth,Life,Death,Balance
11% Accuracy Ice but 5% Accuracy fire,storm,myth,life,death,balance
232% critical rating of ice and 95% critical of Fire,Storm,Myth,Life,Death,Balance
264% block rating of ice and 128% block of fire,storm,myth,life,death,balance
76% Power Pips
Healing In 11% Healing Out 0%
Stun Resist 0% (use lot spell call: Conviction) give you +95% stun resist more +95% more block
4% Armor Piercing
Heath 5,578
Mana 541

(Hit is extremely high unless if have Sharpened Blade and Potent Trap) damage hits about 100k on one boss

(Yes you can use Potent Trap On Feint Trap And You School Trap)
Yes Use Sharpened Blade On ANY BLADE BUT NOT SPEAR (spear like armor picrcing) So, More Armor to your attack spell so, attack of armor won't be wreak attack so, be maybe 50% chance breaking shield one shot as 51% but more like 95% more as myth if you spam and critical earthquake won't lose pvp match by spammer but shouldn't say that out loud about myth talent lol but oh well but do have strong critical over to earthquake lol

from: Justin (Ice Wizard Level 90)Promotheon (GO lord of winter)

Survivor
Mar 05, 2011
lol. I'm a balance wiz and i have more block (220 to all schools more to the elementals) critical (210 or something) attack (51) a little less resists (34 to all schools more to the elements ) could have more) 50% incoming health 4974 health and 69 power pip (I hate having that little power pip). Those are not that great stats for an ice i've got friends with much better. The secret is crafting. My hat is the silvertongue cowl (av crafted) my robes are the robes of the three spirits (azteca crafted) my boots are the boots of the other lizard azteca crafted my athame is the golden ealges dagger or something like that lol (azteca crafted) my ring is the mother moons ring again not sure if thats the name (azteca crafted) my wand is the hawk riders claymore for lvl 90 my deck is the lvl 83 balance azteca deck my pet gives 14 resists may cast sprite and locust swarm and i use the snow drift amulet from azteca.

Wolf Nightcaller lvl 90 balance commander

Survivor
Jan 11, 2009
already crafted everything. but just came to mind anyone ever though of asking if they could increase the health more? i mean health isnt increasing much. sure resistance is but the new rank 10 spells can one hit everytime if you not careful. everyone has good attack boost but not much health. i mean i fought a storm yesterday and used one gnome first attack. i had one blade and i criticaled and he was dead. i mean dont you think we should be able to withstand one heavy blow? people hate when other people spam shield but thats the only way to win now a days.

Geographer
Feb 19, 2010
Magicman123964 on Mar 11, 2013 wrote:
my friend doesnot have jade armor. she has some crafted gear and what not with some other stuff. her pet gives 14% resist so i undderstand that but. her resistance. is
75% fire. 79% storm and everything else is 48% or around that if not it is a smidge higher.
her critical is 148 her block is all around 118 her healing boost is 32% her attack boost is 34% her health is higher than 5000hp. i mean dang guys i have jade amor and it isnt that good. lets cut down on the resistance or else you will regret it in future levels. doesnt matter if you have 80% boost sorry not gonna do that much.
Well ice is the tank class of the game so they need resist lol.

Mastermind
Mar 05, 2011
Magicman123964 on Mar 18, 2013 wrote:
already crafted everything. but just came to mind anyone ever though of asking if they could increase the health more? i mean health isnt increasing much. sure resistance is but the new rank 10 spells can one hit everytime if you not careful. everyone has good attack boost but not much health. i mean i fought a storm yesterday and used one gnome first attack. i had one blade and i criticaled and he was dead. i mean dont you think we should be able to withstand one heavy blow? people hate when other people spam shield but thats the only way to win now a days.
I'm an ICE commander and I never spam shields. What I do is wait for the right moment (usually right before they attack) which is what should be done in my opinion. But there are spells made to stop shield stackers.

Fire elf if you're storm or fire (storm doesnt have a DoT) or storm could just hit with storm owl and kill through shields :P

Ice has Frostbite and Snow Angel

Life now has Spinysaur

Death has Skeleton dragon and poison

Myth has shatter, earth, and basilisk

And Balance has Chimera

Survivor
Jan 11, 2009
Wolf Skullslinger on Mar 19, 2013 wrote:
I'm an ICE commander and I never spam shields. What I do is wait for the right moment (usually right before they attack) which is what should be done in my opinion. But there are spells made to stop shield stackers.

Fire elf if you're storm or fire (storm doesnt have a DoT) or storm could just hit with storm owl and kill through shields :P

Ice has Frostbite and Snow Angel

Life now has Spinysaur

Death has Skeleton dragon and poison

Myth has shatter, earth, and basilisk

And Balance has Chimera
not talking about ice for shields. they dont need it. life doesnt have that well resistnce if you want to have good attack. there is no such thing as a good balance for life. its either defense or offense. if you go second you cant time it correctly. far too difficult. and spinysaur to get rid of shields? you crazy? dont have time for life types to use that. another thing is many dont use spinysaur or overtime heal anymore due to the fact snowdrift and the other spell. either giving my spinysaur overtime damage back to me or taking my criticaled overtime heal to them. not a good idea. they need to rethink what they put in the game it really messed our spells up bad. so our new spell is completely risky to use.

Survivor
Mar 05, 2011
Magicman123964 on Mar 21, 2013 wrote:
not talking about ice for shields. they dont need it. life doesnt have that well resistnce if you want to have good attack. there is no such thing as a good balance for life. its either defense or offense. if you go second you cant time it correctly. far too difficult. and spinysaur to get rid of shields? you crazy? dont have time for life types to use that. another thing is many dont use spinysaur or overtime heal anymore due to the fact snowdrift and the other spell. either giving my spinysaur overtime damage back to me or taking my criticaled overtime heal to them. not a good idea. they need to rethink what they put in the game it really messed our spells up bad. so our new spell is completely risky to use.
Shadow do you ever 1v1? lifes use spinysaur all the time and they can have a good balance and win from second.

Wolf Nightcaller balance lvl 90 commander
Talon Spiritfinder life lvl 81 knight
Wolf Sunwalker fire lvl 71 knight

Mastermind
Mar 05, 2011
Magicman123964 on Mar 21, 2013 wrote:
So I guess people only use Skeleton Dragon when there aren't any shields? Or maybe snow angel? Hmm...KI has not messed up this game. If you don't know how to play well enough to compete then leave. I don't want you to but if you're dissatisfied with the game then just stop cause other people here have learned to adapt and also WIN. And well don't use regenerate if you're afraid of snowdrift. And farming for triage tc would take FOREVER so I don't bother. Now for life, life doesn't need to be balanced. That's BALANCE'S job. Life wins because whenever they feel like it they can. Throw up a pixie with good boosts and guess what? You just gained 1000 life! Woohoo! Or crit and gain about 2000. See how you feel after that. You really don't need regenerate. Not many warlords use it (sorry if you do warlords out there). But I feel life is a good pvp school. If you don't think so there are 6 other schools out there for you to try Shadow. Now I'm not a life wiz at all, but I have friends who are life and they have managed well enough. My advice is keep trying! Practice pvp is your friend Shadow. Learn from it. Or if you must find other life wizards who are warlord who will assist you. I feel like most lifes would say to make mostly defense with reasonable attack. Breed a pet to get extra defense if you can't use the AZ crafted or WW. Try different combintations. This is my advice for someone in need (Shadow I'm looking at you).

Wolf Skullslinger, Ice
Wolf Deathhammer, Death
Wolf Stormblood, Storm
Wolf Mythhammer, Myth
Wolf, Fire

Survivor
Jun 17, 2011
BrynnerOfReign on Mar 12, 2013 wrote:
Dude, how about reading the other posts about "ice has too much resistance" before posting another thread on the subject.

Each school has special qualities that make them unique. Ice has high health and resistance, but low base damage spells and lower damage boosts compared to other schools. The health and resistance is what keeps them alive while they buff up for a decent attack. Each school has their advantages and disadvantages.

If you want to be afraid, I'll give you my Ice stats:

Health: 6118
Damage: 45%
Resist: 84% Fire, 80% Storm, 51% to all others
Critical: 207
Block: 217 Fire, 226 Ice, 216 Fire, 156 to all others
Healing: 56%
Armor Pierce: 2%
Pet: Polar Cat - Sprite, Fairy, 10% Proof, 5% Defy, 6% Pain Giver (included in stats above)

Anyone can get excellent resist gear without crowns. I know a Storm wizard who has 100%+ resist to Storm attacks. My Balance can get up to 59% resist to all without any crown gear. The only crown gear I use on my Ice is my boots ..... all other gear is crafted or dropped.

There are ways to work around resist.
Whoa i think i fought you before needless to say it didn't go well.
I do agree with you though even if my stats aren't nearly as good as yours

-Deathrider