Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Gladiater Style PvP

AuthorMessage
Hero
Jul 30, 2012
New class of PvP: true Roman style gladiator battle.

The idea is you get thrown into the ring with only standardized equipment. This levels the playing field. I fully expect old-school players with assorted high level wizards that shared bank stuff to hate the idea. "Uh-oh, we can only use our spell casting strategies against opponents? No fair! My decked out level 20 wizard might get snuffed by a wizard101 noob! And a lowly level 70 might beat my archmage!"

- No pets, No treasure cards.
- You get to use your spell deck and learned spells
- You are given standard basic gear and a standard assortment of treasure cards for the duration of battle.
- Ensures contestants are not bringing in shared bank stuff.
- With standardized equipment everybody is on an equal footing with critical damage and resistance.

Wizard vs Wizard using only their spells, skills, and wits!

Other than wizards that rely on superior equipment might lose, what are the drawbacks?

Explorer
Aug 23, 2012
This would rely on level, completely. Also, storms would be more OP than they already are, they could easily spam bolt or tempest and win.

Defender
Jan 08, 2010
CatcherFire on Apr 2, 2013 wrote:
This would rely on level, completely. Also, storms would be more OP than they already are, they could easily spam bolt or tempest and win.
No, because you still have YOUR deck and if you ARE skilled you SHOULD have shields, such as volcanic shield (-70% fire damage, -70% storm damage) and toer shield (-50% to any damage or steal health spell)
I think this is as fair as pvp will get, i kinda hope that ki will create this. It will create more of a challenge and it will make more people want to play it. It is like SWAT on halo 4, you only have one gun, no radar, no armor abilities. This would be a blast! i really hope people like this!

Survivor
Mar 13, 2010
Pirate101 has gladiator like PVP its pretty nice but i prefer W101

Armiger
Feb 25, 2009
RottenHeart on Mar 9, 2013 wrote:
New class of PvP: true Roman style gladiator battle.

The idea is you get thrown into the ring with only standardized equipment. This levels the playing field. I fully expect old-school players with assorted high level wizards that shared bank stuff to hate the idea. "Uh-oh, we can only use our spell casting strategies against opponents? No fair! My decked out level 20 wizard might get snuffed by a wizard101 noob! And a lowly level 70 might beat my archmage!"

- No pets, No treasure cards.
- You get to use your spell deck and learned spells
- You are given standard basic gear and a standard assortment of treasure cards for the duration of battle.
- Ensures contestants are not bringing in shared bank stuff.
- With standardized equipment everybody is on an equal footing with critical damage and resistance.

Wizard vs Wizard using only their spells, skills, and wits!

Other than wizards that rely on superior equipment might lose, what are the drawbacks?
That is probably about the only way PvP will be fair and equal all the way around and the system would be able to actually LEVEL match only with rank NOT being a factor.

It would eliminate all the complaints about gear such as Jade gear. Standardized gear would force all to play their trained decks as it should be and should have been from the beginning....

Good idea RottenHeart. It just might remove a lot of problems in the arena, especially since Puppets are still an issue even after the updates. Since those players would have to play on the same level ass all others, there would be absolutely no point in puppeting or even trying.