Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Need a new 'path' to go around the commons...

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Aug 15, 2012
The commons, being the 'hub' of wizard city, is always the most full of players. And when the game is 'busy' with all the players in different wardrobe, on various mounts, etc. it can be extra taxing to the system (both KI & the players) loading all the info.. right? So, I propose an 'alternate path' from ravenwood to olde town to help ease this 'problem'. ( ravenwood being where the tree portal is (to and from worlds), and the home of schools & dorms / olde town having the gates to triton, fire alley, cyclops, and other important vendors including the shopping district (does anyone go to the bazaar besides me? lol ). It's a real hassle to be 'just passing through' the commons when it gets so crowded. So... who else agrees?

Archon
Oct 24, 2010
jameswildest847 on Mar 8, 2013 wrote:
The commons, being the 'hub' of wizard city, is always the most full of players. And when the game is 'busy' with all the players in different wardrobe, on various mounts, etc. it can be extra taxing to the system (both KI & the players) loading all the info.. right? So, I propose an 'alternate path' from ravenwood to olde town to help ease this 'problem'. ( ravenwood being where the tree portal is (to and from worlds), and the home of schools & dorms / olde town having the gates to triton, fire alley, cyclops, and other important vendors including the shopping district (does anyone go to the bazaar besides me? lol ). It's a real hassle to be 'just passing through' the commons when it gets so crowded. So... who else agrees?
Switch realms. Some are not as bad as others. You can always mark and port to avoid the Commons.
Personally I can't stand having to go through the Commons except in the early morning when everyone is still sleeping.

Champion
Dec 01, 2011
I think the Commons are fine the way they are, but I understand what you mean

The Commons lead to the Pet Pavillion, Shopping District, Headmaster's'House and Tower, Unicorn Way which contains the Arena, Golem Court, and the Fairgrounds

Survivor
Nov 26, 2012
Well, a faster way from the commons to the bazaar would be nice. I don't like going all the way through the shopping district, just to get to the bazaar.

Survivor
Aug 15, 2012
I appreciate your responses - i would like to say that I have nothing against the Commons. The Commons is a hub to Wizard City and the central place of gathering. My suggestion is in the most part 1. an attempt to lighten the burden being put on the Kingsisle servers and 2. to expedite players working on a quest by having a way to bypass those socializing at the Commons. Also, I usually mark a location related to a quest I'm on, so I can't leave a mark back at Wizard City too. btw - why is it showing my rank as a 'novice'? (over there to the left) Even after level 60 one is considered a novice?

Adherent
Jul 03, 2010
An under ground tunnel would be cool, it could go from the world tree to ole town.