Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Game not playable after 7pm AEST

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jun 13, 2011
I have already contact support and apparently the issue has been escalated. I am wondering if anyone else has had this issue and how they fixed it.

Current issue, game play is fine but at 7pm Australian Eastern Standard Time our accounts become unplayable. This has only happened since we paid to upgrade both the accounts. We can not do anything in game when this occurs, the game lags out but will not let us quit it just sits there in limbo. We have reinstalled the game, tried it on 4 different computers. formatted the computer and checked all other games (IE World of warcraft) all these games and other internet uses are in perfect working order. Nothing seems to make a difference to our game play during the issued time. I can log into the accounts during the day and the kids can access their accounts after school but once 7pm hits we all need to leave the game to the following day. We decided to try pirate101 and even that works for us.

Does anyone know any fixes to this issue support has been on this for 3 days and I have paid money to play.

Explorer
Jun 04, 2012
Perhaps internet? If not that email them

Explorer
Jan 06, 2009
Contact support@wizard101.com. I agree this sounds like your Internet connection. 7 AM EST is a higher bandwidth time on W101 (not as high as afternoons and evenings in the U.S.). The increase in bandwidth could possibly slow you down to the point the game is unusable. It's possible you're getting throttled because you're playing W101 or someone in your house or neighborhood uses a ton of bandwidth at that time. I don't know what kind of Internet connection you have, but most high speed lines share bandwidth with other users. Call your ISP and see if they have any answers. Hope you get this solved.

Survivor
Jun 15, 2009
Monsindara on Feb 28, 2013 wrote:
I have already contact support and apparently the issue has been escalated. I am wondering if anyone else has had this issue and how they fixed it.

Current issue, game play is fine but at 7pm Australian Eastern Standard Time our accounts become unplayable. This has only happened since we paid to upgrade both the accounts. We can not do anything in game when this occurs, the game lags out but will not let us quit it just sits there in limbo. We have reinstalled the game, tried it on 4 different computers. formatted the computer and checked all other games (IE World of warcraft) all these games and other internet uses are in perfect working order. Nothing seems to make a difference to our game play during the issued time. I can log into the accounts during the day and the kids can access their accounts after school but once 7pm hits we all need to leave the game to the following day. We decided to try pirate101 and even that works for us.

Does anyone know any fixes to this issue support has been on this for 3 days and I have paid money to play.
as of last night I keep losing connection, cannot do gardening and have several friends experiencing the same thing. This morning the game would not accept my password on both my accounts. Finally got in and I keep getting disconnected. It's not my connection as I get around just fine everywhere else! Even Pirate works

Survivor
Nov 17, 2012
game is not playable, it comes up and works fine for only a few minutes, then stops completly. on sunday, march 10, tried to play several times between hours of 12 noon CST and 10pm. no luck. again today, monday, march 11, game activated for only 3 to 5 minutes, then stopped.

Last time I tried to play on sunday, march 10, the game opened in a quest duel I had already completed. I had to flee from that and then the game stopped.

Survivor
Jun 13, 2011
Wizard has replied to us and we have been told this is happening to quite a few people based in Melbourne and Sydney. They understand we are paying customers but since there are no oceanic game servers there is not much wizard can do to rectify these issues.

Lovesmagick, we to experience these issues only with wizard101. Pirates101, world of warcraft and everything else works perfectly. Over the long weekend we have experienced dropped connections and limited game play due to all of the above issues. My internet provider has looked into this as well and can find no solution than what we have already done.