Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

What is the best pet talents for a life wiz?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Dec 28, 2008
I have a nightwalker pet that has defy (+4% max), spritely and may cast pierce. My pet is ancient level, but I am afraid of training it any higher because all the other talent slots are listed as uncommon/common. I wanted to try and mix it further for something better.
I was wondering if there's any other talents that I could possibly get to make a better pet? My life wizard is level 90, but I don't seem to have the perfect pet yet for them. I have been reading about that "may cast fairy" talent, but I don't see anyone else in the pet pavilion lately that actually want to hatch with that talent.

Champion
Dec 01, 2011
Danielle EarthWalk... on Feb 17, 2013 wrote:
I have a nightwalker pet that has defy (+4% max), spritely and may cast pierce. My pet is ancient level, but I am afraid of training it any higher because all the other talent slots are listed as uncommon/common. I wanted to try and mix it further for something better.
I was wondering if there's any other talents that I could possibly get to make a better pet? My life wizard is level 90, but I don't seem to have the perfect pet yet for them. I have been reading about that "may cast fairy" talent, but I don't see anyone else in the pet pavilion lately that actually want to hatch with that talent.
There is no "best-pet."

Some people like alot of May Casts on their pets while some prefer Talents that will add to their Stats.

As part of an offensive school, I like having a pet with both resistances, and some May Casts.

Since you are part of an defensive school, I strongly reccomend getting some Life Damage or General Damage.

Your pet could somehow look like this one:

- Spell Proof
- Sprite or Fairy
- Life Bringer
- Pain Giver
- Optional Talent (MC Pierce, MC Tower, Pip Plenty)

Illuminator
Feb 24, 2009
The best talent set for a life wizard is very arguable. There are 4 definite talents though.

Spritely
Spell-proof
Spell-defy
Fairy Friend
Life-bringer/Medic/Unicorn/Lively

If you need someone to hatch with, register here at wizard101central.com
Once registered:
Home Page > Forums > Pet Mixing Meet ups > Find a thread that has people willing to hatch with you, and post.

If you want me to recommend a very good partner, I would recommend Savannah Darkheart. She is almost always on time, has mind-blowing pets, and she's very generous as long as you are patient. (She has had over 280 charity hatches... Don't tell me that's not a lot xD) There are still good hatch partners out there though.
Here is her thread.

Geographer
Feb 19, 2010
Danielle EarthWalk... on Feb 17, 2013 wrote:
The talents are different for every wizard.

For me i like my pet to have MC fairy,MC tower shield, MC dragon blade , Universal resist

Illuminator
Feb 24, 2009
popcicool7777777 on Feb 18, 2013 wrote:
There is no "best-pet."

Some people like alot of May Casts on their pets while some prefer Talents that will add to their Stats.

As part of an offensive school, I like having a pet with both resistances, and some May Casts.

Since you are part of an defensive school, I strongly reccomend getting some Life Damage or General Damage.

Your pet could somehow look like this one:

- Spell Proof
- Sprite or Fairy
- Life Bringer
- Pain Giver
- Optional Talent (MC Pierce, MC Tower, Pip Plenty)
I'd like to disagree with this a lot.

Considering life is a defensive school, they should DEFINITELY have both universal resist talents. Then again, all schools should.
Thus Spell proof and Spell defy.
And why just sprite OR fairy? I'd take both if I was a life wizard. So Spritely & Fairy Friend
Looky looky here; epic pet already! Spritely, Spell-proof, Spell-defy, Fairy Friend.
Last one is the only optional, and I would highly recommend damage or another talent to benefit their healing. So probably the best choice is Life-Bringer, or if that's to difficult to get, Pain-giver.

Just my input. That sounds like a farming pet set.