Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Convert prisms

AuthorMessage
Hero
Jul 30, 2012
Not really a bug... I just don't agree how they work.

Last night I placed a ton of death traps and feints on a boss. He put an 80 percent death shield on himself. I thought I would be super smart and place a death to life convert prism on the boss, thus getting past his shield. Nope, my great idea did not work. His shield did work and I only did partial damage. But logically I think my convert prism should have gotten my spells past his shield. I guess the idea is my convert prism also converts the opponent's shield.

Ya I know, it is how it is.

Geographer
Feb 19, 2010
I think it has to do with timing and which was placed and when.

Defender
May 02, 2010
Not really. You just need to place the prism before he uses that shield! It's always a good idea to carry a wand with a wand attack opposite of your school in the lower levels. You can also carry Pierce treasure cards to remove it in case he does use one before you use a prism.

Archon
Oct 24, 2010
RottenHeart on Feb 9, 2013 wrote:

Last night I placed a ton of death traps and feints on a boss. He put an 80 percent death shield on himself. I thought I would be super smart and place a death to life convert prism on the boss, thus getting past his shield. Nope, my great idea did not work. His shield did work and I only did partial damage. But logically I think my convert prism should have gotten my spells past his shield. I guess the idea is my convert prism also converts the opponent's shield.

That's not how it works at all. The shield remains. Only your death spell with convert to life.
And the prism must be placed prior to any shields, traps, etc.

Geographer
Feb 19, 2010
Like old card games there is a sequence for spells. Old card games used to have a first in last out ruling but wiz101 isnt like that. U basically have to beat them to the punch when casting.

Armiger
Feb 25, 2009
RottenHeart on Feb 9, 2013 wrote:

RottenHeart, as RavenLady stated, you have to get that Prism up before the boss/mob gets a shield up. Traps work in reverse from the last one placed to the first. If a Shield is up first it will greatly reduce the amount of damage you can do. I have in one deck I use for life bosses/mobs a few Dark Sprites just for the purpose of removing death shields.

A little trick I did discover by accident when fighting a life boss/mob, you can place a set of Spirit traps on a Life enemy pryor to the prism but be sure you have that prism in hand when you do this. Your next round place the Prism,(and hope a shield has not been placed) then life trap and another set of Spirit traps. When those are triggered with your damage spell, it will increase the death when it gets back to that first set of Spirit traps. It will use the death trap at this point instead of the life trap because your spell has already been converted. As I said, traps are tirggered from last one placed to the first one. This world for Death fighting death as well.

Although I have not tried this with any of my other wizards and their school of focus, it should work the same for them as well. It does mean that Storm and Myth, will have to carry both sets of the Tri-Traps in order to gain additional damage. Storm will have to carry Spirit traps and Myth will have to carry Elemental traps.

Storm in effect (when battling another Storm) would place 1 set of Spirit Traps, Then Prism, then normal storm traps and elemetal traps. Myth would do exactly the opposite, set elemental trap first, then prism, then normal myth traps including Spirit traps.

Fire and Ice would use the same principal as described for life and death. Elemental traps first, Prism, then normal traps including another set of elemental traps after Prism is set.

Always remember Traps are tiggered in reverse from last one placed to first.