Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Mooshu seems harder then Dragonspyre to me!

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jun 11, 2011
Dragonspyre bosses, i can beat by myself. But mooshu? I need my friends to help me with the bosses there. Anyone else agree to this

Survivor
Aug 09, 2009
It depends. What type of wizard are you? Ice, death? Mooshu is much easier than Drangonspyre, I believe.

I soloed through both worlds. (Except for Malistaire and the Jade Oni, of course.) But if you do get stuck in Mooshu, grab some friends or just move on and continue with Dragonspyre.

Explorer
Feb 27, 2011
Sorry, but I don't agree. I do think Dragonspyre is easy, but not easier than Mooshu. And I do think Mooshu is kind of hard, but not harder than Dragonspyre.

Explorer
Jul 25, 2011
kaitlynroxim8 on Feb 2, 2013 wrote:
Dragonspyre bosses, i can beat by myself. But mooshu? I need my friends to help me with the bosses there. Anyone else agree to this
sorry to let you in on this but if you're a fire wizard mooshu is going to be just a world full of non-sense.

Explorer
Jan 15, 2012
kaitlynroxim8 on Feb 2, 2013 wrote:
I thought the same, I took 1 month and 1/2 in MooShu and I needed my level 69 Life friend
to come and help me like every single boss and with the Mobs, I defeated them but I only had like
200 health left.
But with Dragonspyre, I could defeat the bosses solo with like 1,000 health left!
Celestia is like impossible though...
well that's my opinion.
- Valkoor GoldSong level 58 myth
Crustacean Empire in Celestia

Geographer
Mar 12, 2013
I noticed a difference in the way mobs fight between mooshu and DS.

In DS mobs have a higher power pip chance and overall higher first attack spell level. You may have two or three turns to shield and trap/blade before you see the kraken or meteor strike. They rarely bother with opposite-school shielding and instead spam weakness and elemental shields.

In mooshu the average spell level is lower so the mobs have more frequent, smaller attacks. You may only have one turn to shield before they begin hitting you with shield-stripping weenie spells and ramping up from there. They are also more likely to use opposite-school shields, messing up your prisms if you are using them going second.

Mooshu minions are smaller, but the bosses are larger with health of 8000 and so forth in some cases. The numbers I'm seeing in DS are closer to 4000 even if minions are larger. The oni bosses also tend to use "31 Flavors" of spells and not stick to one or two schools of damage.

Lastly, DS are more likely to use mass removal spells like meteor and sand which are actually easier on the solo wizard than a comparable single-hit 4 pip spell. It might actually be worthwhile looking at a strategy with minions for MS, and without for DS where they are more of a liability.