Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Feedback Friday 1-25-13

AuthorMessage
Administrator
Hello Wizards! It's been almost summer-like here (70-80 degrees during the day) and this Professor is LOVING IT! Greyrose is sad that her favorite season is not cooperating but I couldn't be more thrilled. Anyhoo, we've made it to Friday, and as such, it's time for this week's post!

Standard disclaimer applies: We do not guarantee to use each and every idea submitted, and questions we pose may or may not be pertaining to things we are currently working on, or will ever undertake. Sometimes, there are just technical limitations that make changing things difficult to impossible, and though we possess all manner of magic wands here, there are technological beasts out there that are beyond our grasp. Sometimes, we may not feel it is within the spirit and vision of the spiral to add or change something. Also, we realize that some of these topics may have been addressed before in other threads - sometimes it's good to pick up a discussion again. Chances are I have read your threads and would like to hear more!

Today, let's talk about spell decks. First question - do you find them confusing to keep sorted, or do you have a great system? Second question - if you wanted to name your various spell decks, what would you name them? (PVP 1v1 Deck, Defensive Deck, Ice Boss Deck, etc)

Have a wonderful weekend! ::grin::

“If the Mind is like a candle, the Heart is like the sun.” Professor Falmea
Survivor
Jun 19, 2009
While I don't have a problem sorting spells, I wish you implemented a "Clear Deck" function, followed by a "Are you sure you want to clear your deck?" because it's annoying to click spell by spell until all 60 spells are out of your deck.
Also, for names I have a list:
Attack/Defense/Healing/Support
Types of enemies: Myth Mob/Boss, Storm Mob/Boss. etc.
Strategies: Brute Force, Turtle, Farming
1v1, 2v2, 3v3, 4v4
Minion Deck (For Myth, which needs a new minion btw. One that can stand up against new worlds. Give it low health, but high resist. Just don't make another useless Minotaur minion please :) )

Survivor
Nov 14, 2012
I think the system is fine the way it is. As for the spell deck naming, i think it would be a good idea and i wouldn't mind having to name my spell deck. Would make it easier to keep track.

Community Leader
Actually yes it's quite confusing when you have 10, 15 decks at once. I would love to call them PvP 1v1, etc. But I also would like to call it Quick Attack, Heavy Attack etc etc. For decks where I want to pack in attacks with low pips for a quick attack. Also, keep in mind, others like to have a deck that is great for vsing each class as well. For instance, if you go up against an Fire boss, they would like to equip a deck that is tailored toward that class.

It would be cool if we had a Deck Renaming Vendor, where we can pay to rename our decks and we can choose or type in names. I for instance would love to call it "Kelsey's... deck" Make it more personalized too. :)

Need help with Zeke, Packs, Pets, Gear? Stars of the Spiral has guides for everything that you can think of. Click here to visit our site today!
Delver
Feb 28, 2012
I do tweak my decks occasionally. (usually if I am popping prisms in/out, or if I just learned a new spell). Most of my wizards have two decks: Boss deck and Mob deck. I'm thinking of adding a third and designating it as Cheatyboss Deck. Of course since all the Cheatybosses cheat differently, I'd basically wipe it clean and rebuild it from scratch. But if there is one Cheatyboss I want to farm, this would make it worth setting up for that.

Geographer
Feb 19, 2010
Please bring in deck labeling that would make it so much easier. Mine would be simple same school mob, regular mob, same school boss, regular boss, Hammer deck, ect...
That kind of stuff i would have labeled.

Survivor
Apr 13, 2012
yes to name, or label a deck would be GREAT!!!! I have run into the problem of having duplicate decks, like they have the same name because of the number of cards it carries, and so then trying to sort out which one is which, it takes a while, and I end up scraping one of them bc its over whelming,

Survivor
Jun 30, 2011
that's a great idea. i wouldn't mind spending gold to label my decks so i don't accidently sell one when i've picked several from fights and go to the bazaar this has happened to me on more than one occasion thankfully i can get them back but it makes me crazy when i do that lol.

Survivor
Apr 08, 2012
yea its confusing to know which deck is which.

and i wish that you could make a thing that renames decks ex. (boss fight deck, 1v1 deck, regular fight deck, etc.)

i hope you do that in your next update for the game

fred owlfinder, lvl 75 fire wizard.

Champion
Jun 30, 2009
Professor Falmea on Jan 26, 2013 wrote:
Hello Wizards! It's been almost summer-like here (70-80 degrees during the day) and this Professor is LOVING IT! Greyrose is sad that her favorite season is not cooperating but I couldn't be more thrilled. Anyhoo, we've made it to Friday, and as such, it's time for this week's post!

Standard disclaimer applies: We do not guarantee to use each and every idea submitted, and questions we pose may or may not be pertaining to things we are currently working on, or will ever undertake. Sometimes, there are just technical limitations that make changing things difficult to impossible, and though we possess all manner of magic wands here, there are technological beasts out there that are beyond our grasp. Sometimes, we may not feel it is within the spirit and vision of the spiral to add or change something. Also, we realize that some of these topics may have been addressed before in other threads - sometimes it's good to pick up a discussion again. Chances are I have read your threads and would like to hear more!

Today, let's talk about spell decks. First question - do you find them confusing to keep sorted, or do you have a great system? Second question - if you wanted to name your various spell decks, what would you name them? (PVP 1v1 Deck, Defensive Deck, Ice Boss Deck, etc)

Have a wonderful weekend! ::grin::
I don't find it confusing, since I have been in the practice of removing my Treasure cards from a previous deck and loading them with attack spells before my pet has it for lunch, because I sometimes manage to get points for him.

Concerning the name change ability: That would be a great idea because I have won the Winter Pyramid Deck at least once after getting it the first time (boss in Alto Alto) that you are sent to and then stays outside the dungeon once you have defeated him. Instead of feeding Morgan, I would have made that an alternative deck so when I had to fight ice bosses, it would have gone faster.

I also like another's posting of a CLEAR THE DECK button and the follow question of ARE YOU SURE?

Timothy Pearlflower (Ice Archmage, Level 88)

Question: Is there somewhere in Zafaria or Avalon where I can craft a deck, cause I had seen postings of needing Amber to craft decks, but not seeing any

Survivor
Apr 13, 2010
Yea I agree. This sounds really cool and I think this should have been brought up earlier. It seems worth the try. I can just imagine my boss deck name. KI, do it! Please!

"Power to the players." -GameStop

Kenneth Earthleaf, level 46 sorcerer

Archon
Oct 24, 2010
I use one deck and change it out as needed.
If I were to use more than one, naming would go: Ice Boss Deck, Healing Deck, etc.

Community Leader
Mobs, Bosses and one I can use to mix up if I am in a team.

I use to carry more decks but kept getting confused.

Survivor
Dec 27, 2011
Yes, you should be able to name your decks! That would make life a whole lot easier for players who have more than one deck!
~Maddie
(P.S ::grin:: to you too :D)

Explorer
Feb 22, 2011
O, yes please!

I would love to have an option to identify decks based on an instance or boss. :)
It would be nice to label a mob deck, a heal deck, a boss deck, a boss deck buffing, a boss deck healing, Young Morganthe (who gets a deck all by herself :) ), Jabberwock, Helephant decks for top and bottom floors, and both Belloqs. Sorry, too excited! Those are the decks that I can think of immediately. :)

Thanks for asking!

Survivor
Oct 20, 2009
Yes, Finally! Asked for this a long time ago :) As for names, maybe Farming deck, Waterworks, Tower of the Helephant, or even just Cheating Boss 1, 2 & 3, Mob deck, PvP decks, Versus Death, fire, storm, etc

Illuminator
Feb 24, 2009
I would love to be able to name my deck, but when you sell it at the bazaar, it would go back to it's default name.
I would have:
1v1 Deck
4v4 Deck (I would use it for 3v3 and 2v2 also, or have a 2v2 deck)
Boss Deck
Mob Deck
OP Ice Wizard defeating deck
And just for remarks...
A starter deck named "Potato" :]

Also, the names of our decks shouldn't appear shall we want to name them whatever we want, so we don't harm anyone, but if we choose from a select list, we should be able to display them if we want.

Administrator
Rony The Turtle on Jan 31, 2013 wrote:
I would love to be able to name my deck, but when you sell it at the bazaar, it would go back to it's default name.
I would have:
1v1 Deck
4v4 Deck (I would use it for 3v3 and 2v2 also, or have a 2v2 deck)
Boss Deck
Mob Deck
OP Ice Wizard defeating deck
And just for remarks...
A starter deck named "Potato" :]

Also, the names of our decks shouldn't appear shall we want to name them whatever we want, so we don't harm anyone, but if we choose from a select list, we should be able to display them if we want.
The starter deck named potato made me laugh. A lot. ::grin::

Great ideas, all, thanks for the input. It's certainly something we are considering for the future! New topic coming up shortly!

“If the Mind is like a candle, the Heart is like the sun.” Professor Falmea