Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

What would you like to see us do with older CCG Packs?

Leave the pack in the Crown Shop, but don't worry about updating the gear for new level caps.
0% [0]
Leave the pack in the Crown Shop, and update them every time there is a new level cap.
40% [22]
Permanently retire the pack and the items when they reach a certain age.
5% [3]
Break the pack apart and sell some of the cooler/rarer items in the Crown Shop for a short amount of time.
18% [10]
Break the pack apart and put some of the cooler/rarer items as rare drops.
35% [19]

Feedback Friday 1-18-13

AuthorMessage
Administrator
It's Friday, so that means it's time for feedback! Plain and simple. This week has been very cold, so this Professor just wants to get through the rest of the day in these drafty halls so I can get home and warm up! My firecat pet does make a good space heater though... that's quite nice...

Standard disclaimer applies: We do not guarantee to use each and every idea submitted, and questions we pose may or may not be pertaining to things we are currently working on, or will ever undertake. Sometimes, there are just technical limitations that make changing things difficult to impossible, and though we possess all manner of magic wands here, there are technological beasts out there that are beyond our grasp. Sometimes, we may not feel it is within the spirit and vision of the spiral to add or change something. Also, we realize that some of these topics may have been addressed before in other threads - sometimes it's good to pick up a discussion again. Chances are I have read your threads and would like to hear more!

This week, we'd like you to vote on our poll about packs. The Dragon's Hoard pack is going to turn 2 this year, and we've released many other CCGs since then. We're curious what you would like to see us do with the older CCG packs. If you're not into CCG packs, then just wait, we'll be asking something completely different next week!

Have a wonderful weekend, and stay warm out there! ::grin::

“If the Mind is like a candle, the Heart is like the sun.” Professor Falmea
Survivor
Jun 16, 2008
Would be nice to see maybe a price reduction as the packs get older. Like the 2 year old pack, instead of 399 would be 199. (100 Crowns off the price for each year they have been available.) This makes the packs still enticing and gives newer players who recently join a chance to get some of the awesome stuff from the older packs.

Just like anything in the real world. After been around a while the price slowly drops.

Survivor
May 27, 2009
I would choose to keep all of the packs in the crown shop no matter how old they are (updating them of course each level upgrade). There are new players every day, they may want to purchase one of the older packs since it is new to them, or they desire one of the items in the pack.

I dont feel that taking the packs out of the crown shop is a good idea. The more the merrier right? More of a selection.

Johnny

Ps: I dont find it very fair that many of us have bought tons of packs and now you have a choice of removing pack from crown shop and selling the rare items inside of it individually. Some of spent alot of money to get the exclusive item and to sell it by itself now without trying your luck in the pack for it isn't right in my opinion.

That should have been done in the first place alongside trying your luck in the pack. (Like the UK version does it) They sell the packs and they sell the rare items inside it for the higher crown amount individually.

Community Leader
Personally I think it's a neat idea for the pack to be broken apart then be put in Crown Shop in pieces. Leave the gears up indefinitely so they can be bought once updated to a new level. But the rest should also be in crown shop indefinitely. This way people can get a chance at the separate items they wanted especially those who are on a limited income. It would make it more fair for everyone. You can't keep old packs in Crown Shop indefinitely, so this is a great way of giving second chances for others.

Need help with Zeke, Packs, Pets, Gear? Stars of the Spiral has guides for everything that you can think of. Click here to visit our site today!
Geographer
Feb 19, 2010
Professor Falmea on Jan 18, 2013 wrote:
It's Friday, so that means it's time for feedback! Plain and simple. This week has been very cold, so this Professor just wants to get through the rest of the day in these drafty halls so I can get home and warm up! My firecat pet does make a good space heater though... that's quite nice...

Standard disclaimer applies: We do not guarantee to use each and every idea submitted, and questions we pose may or may not be pertaining to things we are currently working on, or will ever undertake. Sometimes, there are just technical limitations that make changing things difficult to impossible, and though we possess all manner of magic wands here, there are technological beasts out there that are beyond our grasp. Sometimes, we may not feel it is within the spirit and vision of the spiral to add or change something. Also, we realize that some of these topics may have been addressed before in other threads - sometimes it's good to pick up a discussion again. Chances are I have read your threads and would like to hear more!

This week, we'd like you to vote on our poll about packs. The Dragon's Hoard pack is going to turn 2 this year, and we've released many other CCGs since then. We're curious what you would like to see us do with the older CCG packs. If you're not into CCG packs, then just wait, we'll be asking something completely different next week!

Have a wonderful weekend, and stay warm out there! ::grin::
Personaly id like to see them left in and updated but i also would love to see them broken down to sell items separately.

Please bring out more packs more often its so cool to get new fresh items.

Mastermind
Feb 07, 2010
Just cast vote, for what everyone seems to be voting for these ddays. and now a comment on my vote. as long as you're updating, why not add some new things to it, things that arent simply higher level versions of what it already has. New furnature items, useless gear that only looks cool, stuff like that. I personally love the concept of those things that pirates get in their booster packs, (all one of them so far) that only hold monetary value, ie they dont do anything, you just sell them to vendors.

Here's an example, if you update the dragon's hoard pack, add a bone dragon wings mount in addition to all the new teirs of gear.

Archon
Oct 24, 2010
Survivor
Aug 12, 2011
HI,

I think you should just retire the pack because its older and why buy that pack when you can buy something better from a newer pack like this get might give a hand full of resist from one thing but another might give a lot get what i am trying to say and it ain't far if you sell it in the crowns shop because a lot of people spent a lot of crowns to get one thing but then now they could just buy it its just not fair and a lot less work for KI because now they will need to make new states every time there is a new lvl cap.

THANK YOU FOR YOUR TIME

Survivor
Mar 11, 2012
why are you focused on the hoard pack?? if anything its the ones that are really old that should be taken out. plus i remember the hoard pack coming out in summer of 2011 so it isnt 2 years old its 1 and a half. but my opinion is just make new gear for the hoard pack so its not out dated anymore.

Illuminator
Feb 24, 2009
I say keep it in the crowns shop, update it, but put it towards the bottom so it's less noticed, so to speak.
That's all I want to say in a nutshell.

Archon
Feb 07, 2011
I voted for the last one- reason being, this game has become more about money power than hard work.

I used to buy crowns regularly; however, a change in my employment situation means that I can no longer do so, and I know I'm not the only one. Give those players who don't always have money for crowns or the time to spend 8 hours to spend in a dungeon a chance at some of the good stuff, too.

Also don't think we need any more packs at the moment. Since last summer, there have been about 5 new packs released (Keeper's Lore, Phoenix Hoard, Halloween, Yuletide, and a couple others I forget the names of); I get that KI needs money to keep the game going, but a line needs to be drawn somewhere or it'll never stop.

Administrator
I appreciate the voting and feedback, all! I'll share this with the Wizards that run the Crown Shop and we'll discuss! There will be a new Feedback Friday shortly!

“If the Mind is like a candle, the Heart is like the sun.” Professor Falmea