Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Moon school - Usefull or useless?

AuthorMessage
Champion
Dec 01, 2011
www.wizard101.com/game/update-notes/october2010# On october 2010, Kingsisle added 2, eh, I mean 3 schools of magic to the existing ones we have. The sun school, star school, and moon school. Sun school was the most helpful. It could give the ability to enchant our spells, like a damage increase, accuracy and armor piercing, and we could even mutate our spells!

Star school was also quite helpful (and is also playing a key role now) when increasing damage, resistance, accuracy, critical block, critical, power pips chance, healing boosts and armor piercing!

But the moon school was different.. it was lots of help in Celestia, some of Zafaria, and in Avalon and Azteca, the most deadliest thing you can do..!

The moon school should have some more attractive effects..

Tell me if you agree and what Kingsisle should add to it!

#popcicool7777777

Explorer
Aug 21, 2009
Personally, I hate the Moon School. I trained some of it's spells when Celestia came out because, obviously, I wanted to test them out, but after that, I haven't trained one single Moon Spell again. They are worthless IMHO.

Defender
Dec 23, 2009
Not really. I have a death guy. And when i was fighting a death boss with death minions, The moon transformation spell changed me into life. It was really helpful. But i don't think moon is useless.

Champion
Dec 01, 2011
Mage Ranger on Jan 19, 2013 wrote:
Not really. I have a death guy. And when i was fighting a death boss with death minions, The moon transformation spell changed me into life. It was really helpful. But i don't think moon is useless.
What world was it?

So your telling me you'd better spend your training points on polymorphs better than boosting, damage, critical, and all of these?

Your choice..

Geographer
Feb 19, 2010
I dont think id call the moon school useless but i never use it. I guess there is ways to use the morphs but seeing how you lose all your deck for a few rounds it just seems to chancy for me.

Survivor
Jun 05, 2009
Useless. Waste of time to use, makes the battle 3-4 turns longer. Only reason why it could be useful is if you want to waste time lol. Thats why there is a life school to heal others, just train until satyr and get a life mastery so you can get sun or save up for new schools that may come out.

Explorer
Feb 24, 2012
Oh man those days where I polymorph gobbler and use stinky salute and I go into the middle and say special delivery

Archon
Feb 07, 2011
popcicool7777777 on Jan 16, 2013 wrote:
www.wizard101.com/game/update-notes/october2010# On october 2010, Kingsisle added 2, eh, I mean 3 schools of magic to the existing ones we have. The sun school, star school, and moon school. Sun school was the most helpful. It could give the ability to enchant our spells, like a damage increase, accuracy and armor piercing, and we could even mutate our spells!

Star school was also quite helpful (and is also playing a key role now) when increasing damage, resistance, accuracy, critical block, critical, power pips chance, healing boosts and armor piercing!

But the moon school was different.. it was lots of help in Celestia, some of Zafaria, and in Avalon and Azteca, the most deadliest thing you can do..!

The moon school should have some more attractive effects..

Tell me if you agree and what Kingsisle should add to it!

#popcicool7777777
don't like the moon school, never have. and here's why:

when you polymorph (change into another school creature), you lose ALL of your resistance and critical block, as well as health... two very-crucial stats that you cannot survive at the upper levels without, as mobs and bosses start with full pips and critical constantly; if you can't block, you'll last 2 rounds at most (or 3, if you are ice).

-von