Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Feedback Friday 1-11-13

AuthorMessage
Administrator
Hi Wizards! We've been hard at work, and Friday has appeared out of nowhere. That's ok, that means it's time to pop on the forums and chat again!

Standard disclaimer applies: We do not guarantee to use each and every idea submitted, and questions we pose may or may not be pertaining to things we are currently working on, or will ever undertake. Sometimes, there are just technical limitations that make changing things difficult to impossible, and though we possess all manner of magic wands here, there are technological beasts out there that are beyond our grasp. Sometimes, we may not feel it is within the spirit and vision of the spiral to add or change something. Also, we realize that some of these topics may have been addressed before in other threads - sometimes it's good to pick up a discussion again. Chances are I have read your threads and would like to hear more!

This week, we'd like to chat about music. Things that play it, specifically. We only have one right now. If you could have any sort of music player, what would it look like?

Have a great weekend, and looking forward to your thoughts!

“If the Mind is like a candle, the Heart is like the sun.” Professor Falmea
Community Leader
The one thing that I wish was always made a music player are the pianos.

Instead of have the music player I could have a piano in my music room :)

Survivor
Nov 15, 2009
Survivor
Dec 19, 2008
Having a piano for the game would be great. Not just to play collected music, but maybe there could be a music shop for a special time only, or for just any time. It can be a shop in the shopping district in an empty building.Also with a conductor dog(for marleybone) selling flutes, guitars,etc.Possibly even drums!

Survivor
Aug 07, 2010
I have pianos in several of my houses and I think it woud be great to have them play. The Juke box is a great idea too!

Survivor
Jan 01, 2009
I like the jukebox idea! Also, how about something a bit smaller that could sit on a table or desk...a pretty little music box?
If you could add a way to adjust the volume of these music players that would be wonderful! It is sometimes hard to hear it over the other furniture sounds...like clocks and water fountains.
I have a music player out by my crafted carousel so now it appears like it plays music...but it sure would be super if the music was a bit louder.

Survivor
Nov 12, 2009
Hmmm! A good question. I've seen post for a piano which is an excellent suggestion. I would also be in favor of some thing Retro.. Have you ever seen Xanadu?

Survivor
Jul 24, 2011
A Sixty's Jukebox with all the flashing lights

Explorer
Sep 03, 2012
Record player, jukebox, mini orchestra of gnomes or something ;)

Survivor
Dec 18, 2011
Professor Falmea on Jan 11, 2013 wrote:
Hi Wizards! We've been hard at work, and Friday has appeared out of nowhere. That's ok, that means it's time to pop on the forums and chat again!

Standard disclaimer applies: We do not guarantee to use each and every idea submitted, and questions we pose may or may not be pertaining to things we are currently working on, or will ever undertake. Sometimes, there are just technical limitations that make changing things difficult to impossible, and though we possess all manner of magic wands here, there are technological beasts out there that are beyond our grasp. Sometimes, we may not feel it is within the spirit and vision of the spiral to add or change something. Also, we realize that some of these topics may have been addressed before in other threads - sometimes it's good to pick up a discussion again. Chances are I have read your threads and would like to hear more!

This week, we'd like to chat about music. Things that play it, specifically. We only have one right now. If you could have any sort of music player, what would it look like?

It will be more like more like radio, jukebox, and headphone with disc.

Survivor
Jun 16, 2008
Survivor
Apr 02, 2009
I think a boom box would be cool. A moving tv would be cool to be added to. (even though it has nothing to do with music). It could run like fake shows of wizards fighting or the comerials or wizard101.

Geographer
Feb 19, 2010
Professor Falmea on Jan 11, 2013 wrote:

I kinda like the old style player we have now but maybe some upgrades for others that want something different.
CD,Jukebox,Stereo system, Giant speakers.

Mastermind
Feb 07, 2010
Two words, floating instruments.

Something that wouldnt require as much work is a record player without a horn, or it's own podium thing. that way it can be put on a table.

Oh, that gives me another idea, an old fasioned radio. The kind that are shaped kind of like sort of tall mantlepeice clocks and have a bunch of knobs on the bottom half.

No I didn't have this all planned out before I started writing. Why do you ask?

Defender
Jul 10, 2011
Defender
Feb 22, 2009
I'd like for the pianos to be implemented too, and if possible, could we have a minigame sort of option where we can compose our own pieces? Not that I don't like the music already in the game, but I enjoy writing and performing music.

Alex Dragonbreaker Level 72 Storm

Survivor
Feb 14, 2010
Something that wouldn't look like a music player. Like a statue or something. But I do like the floating instruments idea. Also growing different types of plants to use as music players like when one of the Jonas Brothers was in grizzlehiem and you could play music from his trumpet plants

Delver
Feb 28, 2012
I'd like an entire orchestra. Animated in sync with the music playing. My second choice would be the trumpet plants in Grizzleheim.

Survivor
Jul 17, 2008
I'd like to see
  • a steampunk clockwork jukebox that is Marleybone themed.
  • a monkey cranking a music box.
  • a player piano

Survivor
Oct 06, 2010
hi it's me gabriel spriteflame lvl 52 grandmaster balance. i would like to see a music player that goes inside your house that looks like a big speaker like those speakers at pep ralleys at schools and the ones at concerts. i am looking forward to your choices so plz post something on this and at least add something new to the game plz if not it's ok i will just be in this: mood

good day

Survivor
Dec 24, 2008
Jared DarkBlood on Jan 13, 2013 wrote:
Something that wouldn't look like a music player. Like a statue or something. But I do like the floating instruments idea. Also growing different types of plants to use as music players like when one of the Jonas Brothers was in grizzlehiem and you could play music from his trumpet plants
i like the idea more if the statue danced to the music or played the music, like a living statue. - Aaron HexMancer

Survivor
Aug 21, 2012
We do have pianos in wizard there are two that I know of for sure in the Marleybone housing store one is an upright the other like a grand piano and I think in Grizzle you can craft one I know one of the crafters has one spendy but looks like fun

Explorer
Oct 30, 2011
Pianos with a skeleton that's playing!!!

Jonathan Frogheart - Ice wizard

Explorer
Aug 30, 2009
Administrator
MythMaker1005 on Jan 18, 2013 wrote:
How do i change the music in my house?
Please make sure you keep up to date by reading the 'News' at the top of this page, young Wizard.
https://www.wizard101.com/game/update-notes/november2011#MusicPlayer

community@wizard101.com