Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

New MInions

AuthorMessage
Survivor
May 22, 2010
The last minion we get in the game is at level 38! Since there are considerably more levels, I know that I would appreciate having a higher ranked minion that could actually help during game play. I certainly can't afford to buy crowns all the time. Each different school should have it's own rank 60 or even 70 minion. These minions should come with resist, critical block, and more.
What do you think?

Mastermind
Jun 01, 2009
Fiddling Violinist on Jan 8, 2013 wrote:
The last minion we get in the game is at level 38! Since there are considerably more levels, I know that I would appreciate having a higher ranked minion that could actually help during game play. I certainly can't afford to buy crowns all the time. Each different school should have it's own rank 60 or even 70 minion. These minions should come with resist, critical block, and more.
What do you think?
the last minion we get is not at lvl 38. myth gets the talos minion later on

Survivor
May 22, 2010
All right, so Myth gets Talos. Talos is still a lower level Minion. Our characters go up to level 90 now, and we need minions that will last through one hit from an opponent.

Armiger
Jan 11, 2012
I think a better option than giving us more is improving the ones we already have. There are two options that I see to improving minions:

1) make them all stronger the more pips you spend (right now, they're not)

2) As I outlined here ( https://www.wizard101.com/forum/messageBoard/listPosts/game/52838?reset=1 ), minions should be configurable, with decks, gear, gaining experience, etc

I know people have stated that it would make them too micromanaged, though I disagree. I mean, sure, it would be another item we'd need to manage, but where I disagree is that the management of it makes it not worth the time/effort. Also, it's part of the perfect solution for people who want the enemy pip vs player pip issue fixed. Would it take a ton of coding to do? Would some players hate it? Would it be helpful? Sure. From the PLAYER aspect, think of it like this: if you could, for a small cost, bring a friend in to help you, that if he dies, you could simply resummon, without spending crowns to do, wouldn't you have a few cards in your deck for it? Of course, people also think I'm trying to REPLACE a living breathing person, and I'm not. I'm looking for ways to augment a wizard's skills with something he can count on! There were 2 reasons for this particular suggestion:

1) After about Marleybone, my minion is useless because it can't withstand more than one attack, and more often, can't stand a single attack

2) my fire minion seems to cast Link about 3:1 vs every other spell. Link can be a useful spell, but then Power Link is more so. So for another power pip, it more than doubles it's usefulness. And what if we could give our minions resists so that they last longer? and what about the treasure card spells that are for minion only?

Survivor
Dec 27, 2011
That is a good idea! I know that I'd be pleased if KI took this onboard.

I think you're forgetting about Henchman. If you do have a few crowns left over, they are good to get. Saying that though, I know this game can really suck money out of you and it would be good if we had higher level minions. Maybe one for the Grandmasters (cause I hear allot of people complain about not having help in Celestia,) and one for Avalon or Azteca, or maybe even the new world that might be released soon! :D

That is a very good point you made there!
~Maddie

Armiger
Jan 11, 2012
well, that's the beauty of my idea, you could STILL hire henchment, it just would make your minion a much stronger alternative

Survivor
Nov 21, 2012
No, I don't think we should because then EVERYONE will use it or buy it as TC and PvP Will get VERY hard. Or bosses that are in AZ or AV or ZF Will always use it and it will me hard for everyone.

William, Level 28 fire WARLORD TY

Survivor
May 22, 2010
Look,
I'm not arguing about the henchmen, but really, we at the higher levels NEED minions. I cannot afford crowns every time I need to play the game by myself. Higher level minions for higher level players...just like higher level wands...would only help us in our fights. Once you're up to Azteca, it gets very difficult without two people. Well, sometimes your friends aren't around, and no one else wants to join in to help. I'm not made of money, and I cannot afford to be going around buying crowns for henchmen every battle.
That's why I want higher level minions. To give me an edge when I need them...just like Talos is for myth at the lower levels. Well, I am NOT at a lower level anymore. I'm more like level 82. It just makes sense to have better minions.

Armiger
Jan 11, 2012
Fiddling Violinist on Feb 5, 2013 wrote:
Look,
I'm not arguing about the henchmen, but really, we at the higher levels NEED minions. I cannot afford crowns every time I need to play the game by myself. Higher level minions for higher level players...just like higher level wands...would only help us in our fights. Once you're up to Azteca, it gets very difficult without two people. Well, sometimes your friends aren't around, and no one else wants to join in to help. I'm not made of money, and I cannot afford to be going around buying crowns for henchmen every battle.
That's why I want higher level minions. To give me an edge when I need them...just like Talos is for myth at the lower levels. Well, I am NOT at a lower level anymore. I'm more like level 82. It just makes sense to have better minions.
I agree, minions are soo underutilized and past a very early point in the game, arent useful. I think people are afraid that if they make minions tougher/more worth it, teaming up will fall, more people will PvP it, and of course crown purchasing would go down. Well, as for teaming up slowing down, Im sure it would, but it would never be gone. Also, you KNOW the next world they'd just make it soo tough that you'd need a friend AND 2 minions in order to beat the first monster you get to in the world in order to "balance" the game. As for PVP, deal with it, it's a spell in the game and a legit one to use. They could easily add an option to be player only or minion allowed in those combats. As for crown purchasing, it would slow down some, but would NEVER go away, the game is way too hard to solo anymore, and since every world gets much tougher now, they've guarantee their income off henchmen

Survivor
May 18, 2012
I am myth and I agree. I get lots of minions and I depend on them. I imagine it is nuts to try to use Helpful mander with malistare or something. I think your minions should be x spells like myth's. That way, the more pips you spend, the more health you get

Illuminator
Feb 24, 2009
Yes.

New minions. More pips.
More OP spells.
More PVP
More Ragequitters in PvP
More win for me.
YES!
(Equation)
OP Minions + OP Spells + Wizar101central Spell deck + Me = OVERLORD! :D

Survivor
May 22, 2010
I don't need to be an overlord. I only want some fights to be a little easier on me. I agree dayerider about strengthening them, but really, we need some new ones. I'd post actual suggestions of forms and names, but then I was notified by someone that wizard101 couldn't use them even if they were good ones. Maybe some of our more fun spells that we like could become minions later on.