Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

well done kingsisle, i salute you.

AuthorMessage
Defender
Jul 06, 2011
i've played this game since the celestia expansion, and i must say, azteca was the best world yet. the music and art was by far better than any other world. the ending was sad, but it really felt complete. you can still come back to azteca, although fragments of xibalba constantly pepper the world, and the apocolipse theme plays everywhere. i feel like it couldn't have ended any other way that would give a realistic feeling. i love pacal redmask's last words: " you come to us at the end. our days become hours, our hours, minutes. every minute is one lost lifetime. the sky is fire, but i can see the moon clearly in my minds eye, bright, protective as our mother. some few of us will survive, but our world will be gone, to fuel the dark hearth of the shadow queen." and of course the final words: "use our tale to raise an army of light to challenge the shadow." ( i think i got a bit of that wrong)
along with the fulfilling of the prophesy, i think it was a slam dunk. anyone else agree/disagree?
jason thundersword promethean thaumaturge
can't wait for the next world!

Geographer
Feb 19, 2010
iateaunicorn12 on Jan 2, 2013 wrote:
i've played this game since the celestia expansion, and i must say, azteca was the best world yet. the music and art was by far better than any other world. the ending was sad, but it really felt complete. you can still come back to azteca, although fragments of xibalba constantly pepper the world, and the apocolipse theme plays everywhere. i feel like it couldn't have ended any other way that would give a realistic feeling. i love pacal redmask's last words: " you come to us at the end. our days become hours, our hours, minutes. every minute is one lost lifetime. the sky is fire, but i can see the moon clearly in my minds eye, bright, protective as our mother. some few of us will survive, but our world will be gone, to fuel the dark hearth of the shadow queen." and of course the final words: "use our tale to raise an army of light to challenge the shadow." ( i think i got a bit of that wrong)
along with the fulfilling of the prophesy, i think it was a slam dunk. anyone else agree/disagree?
Yes it was a cool world.

Adherent
Mar 18, 2009
iateaunicorn12 on Jan 2, 2013 wrote:
I know there are players that prefer the Malistaire story arc, but I personally enjoy the Morganthe storyline more. I didn't think Celestia started off too well with introducing the new characters (it was sort of confusing), but ever since the end of Celestia the story has been astounding. I too agree that the Azteca portion has "slam dunked" the storyline so far. I believe the Morganthe arc has reached the pinnacle and eagerly await the final confrontation.

It is indeed time to rally the forces of light.......

Hero
Jan 24, 2010
Oran of Urz on Jan 2, 2013 wrote:
I know there are players that prefer the Malistaire story arc, but I personally enjoy the Morganthe storyline more. I didn't think Celestia started off too well with introducing the new characters (it was sort of confusing), but ever since the end of Celestia the story has been astounding. I too agree that the Azteca portion has "slam dunked" the storyline so far. I believe the Morganthe arc has reached the pinnacle and eagerly await the final confrontation.

I stand with the Council of Light!

Interesting: I watched a version of the Merlin cycle last night. I had forgotten just how powerful Morgana/Morganthe was, and the chaos she inspired. I'm further convinced that Merle Ambrose is really Merlin in disguise.

Of course all of this points to the possibility that Morganthe is not the real power in the shadows. Per the Merlin cycle, in particular Edmund Spencer's version in "The Faerie Queen" and Geoffrey of Monmouth's, Historia Regum Britanniae (The History of the Kings of Britain), there is a source of power behind Morgana's madness. That evil sorceress, sometimes known as Morgause, who is Morgana's first magic teacher.

I'm so happy that the Spiral has led be back to one of my favorite areas of study. Now I'm thinking of all the versions of the Arthurian legend cycles I've read, and how each fits into the Morganthe story arc in the Great Spiral.

Oh, but I REALLY need to recover Bartleby's eye and give it back to him. KI really should make that a priority :) We can't have the tree of life half-blind, now can we?

Can't wait to see how the story continues to unfold...

Warmest Regards,

Qbb

Defender
Jul 06, 2011
Oran of Urz on Jan 2, 2013 wrote:

thats the spirit i was hoping to find... there are so many people that just skip the dialogue and don't give a thought of the story, but i take it on as if it were real. i'm going to stop morganthe and avenge king neza (the little bird in alto alto that tried to stop morganthe and got killed) i'm glad to see there are people who really care

Explorer
Feb 12, 2012
Indeed, this world was one of their best. I love the kind of Titanic feeling you get at the end, it's sad, but it couldn't have been done any other way and still be as good. Of course I've only seen the ending in videos... I really need to get back to work on my fire wizard and actually experience the rest of Azteca. The speech Merle gives in the end is really moving as well.

"Oh my. Your tale numbs my heart. Morganthe has grown more powerful than I ever imagined. But do not lose heart, my child. Even death is not the end. The good people of Azteca have fallen beneath the fire and Shadow, yes. But all is not lost, no all is not lost at all. We will remember their sacrifice. We will tell their stories in the dark of night, for warmth and for courage. And soon enough dawn will break. As the sun rises on a new day, the Shadow must recede. Young wizard, go, and prepare yourself, while I rally the forces of light."

That speech gives me a calm feeling for some reason. Another reason I agree KI could not have possibly done better. And for anyone who was angered by Azteca's destruction - use it. Use it when the final battle with Morganthe comes. As Ambrose said, soon the day will come when the Shadow will fall. Let's do our best to make sure he's right.

I too salute you KI, for this amazing world, the entire story-line is touching, epic, and packed with action, along with the new challenges, and amazing scenery, you couldn't have done better.