Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

All level 88 spells way too tough

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Feb 29, 2012
After i failed trying to get saber tooth i came here to the message boards to say something about this but i dont think its just the balance having trouble. It seems like every single boss is too hard. I am not interested in just making the balanc eone easier i want them all to become easier. My problems with the 88 spell boss is him mana burn and stuns. I equip conviction to max and get some punishments in as well but every single time my conviction runs out and wont show up they stun me its like they can see your cards before you cast them. i have bought endless amounts of tower shield treasure cards but it just wont cut it. the ice enemies go first and ust snow angel then balance boss uses sabertooth and guess what. One of the three attacks i can use against balance ( since we dont have converts or more other school damage spells) is blocked off chimera becomes pointless i wont waste so many pips just to break three shields or waste so many pips just to chimera the shields off. i think something should definitly ( never remember how to spell that word ) be done to make these bosses easier instead of having other players telling us to use better tactics.

Ryan Owlblade level 88 balance and other characters

Illuminator
Oct 22, 2011
I had an easier time of getting my L88 spell (just one try), but that's because I'm Ice and have really good stats. That's not to say that other Ice or other schools will have an easy time.

I've seen many many posts of people trying their hardest to get their L88 spell. The highest amount of tries I've seen so far is 55 times! What makes it tougher is that you have to do it alone. No one can port in to help you. It shouldn't be THAT hard for everyone to get their spell. It's ridiculous.

I feel for you and I feel for others who are struggling to get their spell. I wish I could help you by porting in, I really really do.

Hero
Jan 24, 2010
Sadness!

If it makes you feel any better, I had to buy two henchmen to help me win my level 88 spell. This battle was the first time I have ever used henchmen I'm usually pretty quick to innovate and win in a second or third attempt, but I got frustrated after the 5th attempt at this one.I was disappointed in myself for my inability to solve the chain stun and Efreet spam strategies of the Myth minion/mini-boss and the Ice boss.

I did learn that the level 90 fire and life hench-creatures ROCK!

Think about getting those hench-creatures for just that one fight. You will LOVE your new spell.

Good Hunting,

Qbb/Iridian Shadowweaver, Archmage Theurgist, level 89

Champion
Feb 03, 2012
I felt so sorry for all the other schools. I remember the storm owl quest only had 3 tempest eels, yeah not even a boss just 3 elite creatures and for storm thats pretty hard, or at least time consuming. I looked at hte ther schools later and I'm just like why didn't storm get a boss too? On one side i'm grateful but on he other i feel like storm wzards got an insult, like we couldn't handle a boss plus 2 mobs fight, then again i'm mostly grateful. The thought that i had for the quest was maybe they could have been all just 3 mobs or maybe just 2 bosses, I think everyone of any shcool can handle those odds.

Champion
Jun 30, 2009
AstroStorm on Dec 29, 2012 wrote:
I felt so sorry for all the other schools. I remember the storm owl quest only had 3 tempest eels, yeah not even a boss just 3 elite creatures and for storm thats pretty hard, or at least time consuming. I looked at hte ther schools later and I'm just like why didn't storm get a boss too? On one side i'm grateful but on he other i feel like storm wzards got an insult, like we couldn't handle a boss plus 2 mobs fight, then again i'm mostly grateful. The thought that i had for the quest was maybe they could have been all just 3 mobs or maybe just 2 bosses, I think everyone of any shcool can handle those odds.
Maybe because Storm has the weakest of health in the game? I haven't gotten to that point yet, but it won't be too long. I am in Alto Alto seeking materials for the Painter Bird to make the ward for entering the Feather Palace. When I do hit level 88, I will be getting both the Spell Quest and the Moon Restoration Quest.

Timothy Pearlflower (Ice Archmage, Level 87)

Champion
Feb 03, 2012
Promethean oxnhors... on Jan 1, 2013 wrote:
Maybe because Storm has the weakest of health in the game? I haven't gotten to that point yet, but it won't be too long. I am in Alto Alto seeking materials for the Painter Bird to make the ward for entering the Feather Palace. When I do hit level 88, I will be getting both the Spell Quest and the Moon Restoration Quest.

Timothy Pearlflower (Ice Archmage, Level 87)
Strangely that was quite a challenge for me. It's funny cause most of my friends usually laugh when say it was difficult, and most of them they're my fire friends. I can assume KI's decision to make this quest, they were build to be anti-storm, chain stunning, thermal sheilds, lord of winters, plus as you said our low health, it was a nightmare for storm. I still think we could have gotten a boss or something it wouldn't have been impossible. Either way I don't think spell quest should be all that difficult. I miss the old days where they were long and we had to do many things ot get it. Now it's just defeat this boss like any other quest and here you go, your new spell.

Explorer
Feb 22, 2011
You might want to try looking for guides on some of the fan sites for help on deck construction, gear, etc. to obtain the level 88 spells.

Good luck!

Mastermind
Sep 30, 2009
wow it sounds like the balance quest is just ludicrous im just plain sad the game took it that far
something that will REALLY help you is this little trick i used for my spell quest. all you do is mark location, kill one of them, die witch you most likely will shortly after, drink potion and port back. the one you killed shouldnt be there so it should be even easier to kill another one but by the sound of it im not sure if its even possible to kill one of them without some crown minions. sorry but tips are the best anyone can do but good luck.

Archon
Feb 07, 2011
gweedoboy on Jan 2, 2013 wrote:
wow it sounds like the balance quest is just ludicrous im just plain sad the game took it that far
something that will REALLY help you is this little trick i used for my spell quest. all you do is mark location, kill one of them, die witch you most likely will shortly after, drink potion and port back. the one you killed shouldnt be there so it should be even easier to kill another one but by the sound of it im not sure if its even possible to kill one of them without some crown minions. sorry but tips are the best anyone can do but good luck.
yes, the balance quest is ridiculous. i've tried and failed 16 times to get that spell, and it's come to a point that i've accepted i'll never get it without spending real money.

right now, i can't bring myself to try again. but, if i do, i'll give your idea a shot.

-von

Mastermind
Dec 11, 2011
You know, it always gets me. I came here and saw all of these complaints about how AZ was too hard or how the spell quests were too hard. I blazed through Az. Currently 88. Did my spell quest without the slight of hand. I don't see how everybody is having a hard time. To me its just as hard as AV, and how hard is that? Hard enough to put your dang head into your deck then just mope like everybody complaining did in ZF.

Survivor
Jul 16, 2009
i am a level 89 and i can not get my 88 level spell quest. can someone help me

Explorer
May 05, 2011
Actually, (courtesy of Kingsisle) The myth spell quest was easy for me, I managed to kill them all on my first try with a Talos minion and a Level 30 life henchman. (I chose lvl 30 because i didnt have enough crowns for a lvl 50 ) So not all of the lvl 88 spell quests are too tough, I mean of course the Myth one WAS tough, but not that much.
I guess i'll have to train my Balance to see what your talking about the lvl 88 quest being to hard.

Thanks for your consideration.

Archon
Feb 07, 2011
Potato Tomato on Dec 25, 2012 wrote:
After i failed trying to get saber tooth i came here to the message boards to say something about this but i dont think its just the balance having trouble. It seems like every single boss is too hard. I am not interested in just making the balanc eone easier i want them all to become easier. My problems with the 88 spell boss is him mana burn and stuns. I equip conviction to max and get some punishments in as well but every single time my conviction runs out and wont show up they stun me its like they can see your cards before you cast them. i have bought endless amounts of tower shield treasure cards but it just wont cut it. the ice enemies go first and ust snow angel then balance boss uses sabertooth and guess what. One of the three attacks i can use against balance ( since we dont have converts or more other school damage spells) is blocked off chimera becomes pointless i wont waste so many pips just to break three shields or waste so many pips just to chimera the shields off. i think something should definitly ( never remember how to spell that word ) be done to make these bosses easier instead of having other players telling us to use better tactics.

i finally got the spell. but i died 29 times in the process and finally had to hire a level 80 hench-creature to finish the job.

i have used that spell exactly once. the damage is okay, but a spirit shield as the after-effect? really? as if balance doesn't have enough shields already. that's lame.

to the op~ if you haven't already gotten yours, best of luck!

laura shadowsong, level 89 balance
& the rest of von's wizarding family.

Survivor
Aug 31, 2010
Yeah it is hard, it's just another way for KI to make money. People will simply have to start buying those crowns and hire some henchmen :)Yay!

Survivor
Jul 30, 2010
i am lvl 88 fire and i have literally tried over 100 times to get my spell. i have a life boss and 2 fire minions whom they all use efreet. i have tried many deck fixes and plenty of tc and nothing works. they make this way too hard its insane they critical way too much and i dont block and my block rating is 112 per school thats insane and they block all my crits. seriously ki needs to fix this i beat up to this point all bosses in this world on my own even cheating monkey boss. any other fires that beat it what was in your deck? how did you win?

Survivor
Jun 30, 2012
Hello right now I am on my grandmaster not my promethean storms attacks came from ice as you all know, this is fair that we have this storm owl and the largest attacks we have low health! I just feel poor for other schools such as death and ice because low attacks but not trade ice scores up to 6000 health on promethean because of the epic trade.

Illuminator
Feb 24, 2009
I found mines easy. Took me only 2 tries. I'm fire though.

I used my usual meteor spam until I got rid of the minions - Then I just killed the boss with efreets and whatnot.

Champion
Dec 01, 2011
Rony The Turtle on Apr 7, 2013 wrote:
I found mines easy. Took me only 2 tries. I'm fire though.

I used my usual meteor spam until I got rid of the minions - Then I just killed the boss with efreets and whatnot.
Took me two tries too. At first I was bladestacking for a one shot kill for everyone, until I didnt have enough healing spells. Then, I got some celestia fire resist gear, amd I killed the minions one by one with some efreet. I then stacked feints and blades to finally kill the boss.

Watch out though. If he uses efreet, once the feints are there, you cant just wand on him. This is why I packed some Sacrifice TC in my deck.

Survivor
Feb 18, 2013
I'm still young/new, only level 66. So haven't done this yet. But one thing that always amuses me is solo areas.

You cannot bring a friend with you, because it's to be done alone... But you CAN spend crowns to bring a henchman? Why not spend crowns to let you bring a friend instead? :)

Mastermind
Jul 04, 2010
all the schools are hard including the star the sun and the moon. with my level 88 spell which i find easy the hardest one i had with is the sun only because he was same school as me

Explorer
Mar 26, 2011
For me it was the hardest thing i've ever done. i failed 70 times! and i still don't have it . Most people laugh and call me a faliure so i guess ill just never get it.

Delver
Jan 13, 2010
I had a hard time on Wanadi Black Sky to get my astral spells. It is very hard. I just finished it now. I have not tried getting my sabertooth yet but i wil soon. I know that wanadi is hard, cant wait to find out how 'easy' it will be.

Cole Dunerunner Lvl 90 Promethean Sorcerer

Lord of the Falling Sky

Explorer
Feb 29, 2012
Potato Tomato on Dec 25, 2012 wrote:

I am balance to and when I went on the saber tooth spell quest I had about 5k crowns when I finished I had 1k and that was only one fight so in other words I used about 10-11 henchmen

GO SABERTOOTH!

Delver
Jan 17, 2013
I am level 88 fire, and i had no trouble getting Sun Serpent. Take out the minions first, so it's just you against the boss. I healed myself whenever my health was low, and i was successful in defeating the boss.

Adherent
Jul 03, 2010
I paid for the Star and Sun spells but I have decided not to pay for my school spell. Sabertooth is a 10 pip spell and I would rarely have that many pips to waste on anyway. I don't intend on continuing any further if another world is introduced harder then AZ so I won't have to worry about future spells.

I have tried for to many hours now and think it's silly to continue wasting my time for this spell. I am only questing in this world to help a family member who wants to try to complete it. We are now in Cloudburst area and I am done liking the game so pushing on is rough for me. We are not geared properly for these worlds and it just turns out to take hours to complete one part of a quest line, I constantly feel I am just wasting time playing this way. I am not really a gamer and either is the rest of the family, so figuring this stuff out just doesn't happen for us.

Clearly these upper worlds are meant for players who can figure it out and love the challenge it gives them, I and my family group are not that good at that. KI is targeting a different player base with these worlds then we are able to keep up with. We can take no shame in it though because many have been left behind in these upper worlds. Sadly it is getting to the point where I don't want to play the game at all and I used to look forward to deleting and creating new wizards so I could do the first arc again, now even that doesn't interest me.