Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

need help on Malistaire's laire

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Apr 08, 2012
I'm stuck in Malistaire's laire, and really need help. I'm a 52 level balance wizard, and have been trying for WEEKS finish this, but always get stuck in the dragon's maw. killed of every time. Can someone help me please?

Adherent
Mar 12, 2010
joannehall on Dec 19, 2012 wrote:
I'm stuck in Malistaire's laire, and really need help. I'm a 52 level balance wizard, and have been trying for WEEKS finish this, but always get stuck in the dragon's maw. killed of every time. Can someone help me please?
You might get quicker help if you check out one of the fansites, where they have groups offering help. Here is a link to one of them:

http://www.wizard101central.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=8

Hope this helps.

Adherent
Jul 03, 2010
The Maw route is actually the safest way to set the crystal so the elevator will take you to the next level so you can cross the ramp that leads to the doors to the main fights - it's awesome when the huge doors open - I have been though this instance many times and that still gets me when they swing wide open from my presence.

You can go around all the monsters in the Maw even partially up onto all the side walks and out the other side, then repeat going back though the Maw to get the elevator to rise up.There are bosses in the both routes some choose to farm.

I have a Storm wizard working up to that quest soon - I mainly stick to the Pixie realm - if I see you anywhere around area I will help you.

If you want to set up a time in advance because of the delay in posting here let me know as I also have other Wizards that can take this joint one handed. Since you have had a decent go at it with no success I think you are ready to run though and be done with it.

I always give the option of fighting our way though or you just hold on to our robe tails and being run though and shot out the other side of it to get it over and done with. I know how it is to be stuck on a quest and unable to advance in the game because of it. I give you credit for 5 attempts, my limit is 3 then I want to hang up my wand.

Mary StormGem
or Mary StarGem

Survivor
Apr 08, 2012
thank you so much for your offer to help. I am usually in the game every evening from about 7:pm til about 12:30 a.m. eastern time.

Defender
Jan 22, 2012
I just completed Dragonspyre, and I had a little trouble in Malistaire's Lair too. I tried, and failed, about 3 times. But then I got hold of a very helpful older wizard who had done it dozens of times with other people, and she helped out a lot. My suggestion is to get three other wizards who are preferably a higher level than you and have had experience in the Lair.
Good luck!!

Sierra Ashblood, Grandmaster Pyromancer

Adherent
Jul 03, 2010
joannehall on Dec 21, 2012 wrote:
thank you so much for your offer to help. I am usually in the game every evening from about 7:pm til about 12:30 a.m. eastern time.
Sat. or Sun. night ? around 7ish and we are on the Pixie realm, we are eastern time and that is good timing for us also we will look for you at the dragon that takes you over to the instance.

Survivor
Apr 08, 2012
thank you so much. I will be there tonight and tomorrow nite from about 7 on. I don't know what the pixie realm is, but I assume that it's somewhere beyond Malistaire's Laire.

Survivor
Apr 08, 2012
thank you all for all of the help and info. I met a friend in the dragons maw, and together we beat up ol' Malistaire. Now, on to Celestia!!

Adherent
Jul 03, 2010
joannehall on Dec 23, 2012 wrote:
thank you all for all of the help and info. I met a friend in the dragons maw, and together we beat up ol' Malistaire. Now, on to Celestia!!
Good to hear you got it done.

Realms are the servers that KI sets up so many can play the game because one computer could not hold us all.

You can switch realms for many reasons - on the Options page of your backpack click on the picture on what looks like bowling balls. The information listed will tell you which realm you are currently in and give you the option to change to another one if you want.

Survivor
May 22, 2010
Survivor
Jun 04, 2011
shaymin632 on Dec 30, 2012 wrote:
do you have any high level friends
I'm level 60, working on Zafaria. I love to crush Malistare on occasion I'll be availible next weekend, Saturday, noon, Leprechaun. I'll meet anyone there (if I can manage my homework )

Peace out

Nicholas Shadowforge
lvl 60 fire

Survivor
Oct 24, 2012
i too looking for people to help with this quest my name is valdus deathforge and i am balance wiz lv 53.plz hit me up if you can help me out.thanks to anyone who can help me before hand

Adherent
Jul 03, 2010
insanewicked on Feb 1, 2013 wrote:
i too looking for people to help with this quest my name is valdus deathforge and i am balance wiz lv 53.plz hit me up if you can help me out.thanks to anyone who can help me before hand
Usually by the time you set up a time on boards you already managed to get help but if you want you can post your time zone, time, day and realm for getting together. Allow for a few days lag due to the posts not live.

Altho while there you may not find much help there are a lot of seasoned wizards who do not mind repeating this instance - me being one of them.

In the mean time you may have to spend some time at the door after the dragon ride over and switch realms to maybe make a meet up. I do find this area to go a little better if you go in with someone who is familiar with it though as you can easily get lost or even confused on what you are suppose to do when.

If you are part Wizard101Central.com you can get help a little faster there.