Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Circle of Life aura

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Apr 13, 2009
Hi, I don't know about others but I'm not very happy with the 'circle of life' aura. I was hoping for a better aura with damage like all the other schools. To be honest it let me down when i saw it and it has probably let down most other life wizards.
Thanks and I hope you sort us out with something else.
Luke LifeBlade

Survivor
May 07, 2011
Totally on board with you, Luke. At level 84 there is no clear reason that Life shouldn't be allowed to train for a damage increasing spell. Cycle of Life is a fine spell on it's own and far more useful to other schools who don't have all the built-in options to boost heals that Life School does, in my opinion.

Survivor
Dec 21, 2008
I entirely agree, I was, as someone above stated, offended by this spell, and I too saw the pathetic 5% increase in healing from mend, which i didn't bother to waste a training point. I already have a 34% bonus to incoming healing and a 33% to outgoing (+78.22% total) without sacrificing any other stats; quite on the contrary, I have improved my other stats with this bonus. In addition to this in two levels i.e. 85 my incoming will increase by 10% to 44% (+91.52% total). As one might clearly see, this is almost a double healing capacity; obviously healing isn't an issue as a satyr will heal me about 1550 now and 1650in two levels.

We need more attack power, this currently just isn't cutting it. ki, either add a new version of this spell and make it attacking like all the other schools got, or just change the heal to damage and leave the rest of the spell the same, that'll balance it out.

Btw, what's the deal with balance getting two versions of this and life getting none while we're literally begging for it and they don't care to even use the spell; seriously, have you ever seen a balance wizard actually use the spell? no, you haven't cause they don't care for it at all.

Explorer
Jul 10, 2009
Kyle Blake on Dec 16, 2012 wrote:
I entirely agree, I was, as someone above stated, offended by this spell, and I too saw the pathetic 5% increase in healing from mend, which i didn't bother to waste a training point. I already have a 34% bonus to incoming healing and a 33% to outgoing (+78.22% total) without sacrificing any other stats; quite on the contrary, I have improved my other stats with this bonus. In addition to this in two levels i.e. 85 my incoming will increase by 10% to 44% (+91.52% total). As one might clearly see, this is almost a double healing capacity; obviously healing isn't an issue as a satyr will heal me about 1550 now and 1650in two levels.

We need more attack power, this currently just isn't cutting it. ki, either add a new version of this spell and make it attacking like all the other schools got, or just change the heal to damage and leave the rest of the spell the same, that'll balance it out.

Btw, what's the deal with balance getting two versions of this and life getting none while we're literally begging for it and they don't care to even use the spell; seriously, have you ever seen a balance wizard actually use the spell? no, you haven't cause they don't care for it at all.
Because Balance is a combination of both schools of the spectrum. Also once again, Life is the healing school. You guys need more healing boost to heal others more effectively. You have amplify and berserk to increase your damage. Not really seeing the problem here.

Survivor
Jul 13, 2010
Nicholas SandRunne... on Dec 20, 2012 wrote:
Because Balance is a combination of both schools of the spectrum. Also once again, Life is the healing school. You guys need more healing boost to heal others more effectively. You have amplify and berserk to increase your damage. Not really seeing the problem here.
I think we have plenty of healing abilities already. I don't ever seem to need another spell or boost since even my gear boosts my healing.

But here is a question I'd like an honest answer to and not just a guess... Doesn't the person who does the most damage to the enemies get better and more rewards at the end of the battle? It seems to me that is the case. My family plays together in same house and that is how it appears. I may be wrong but I really would like to know. Do you get much for healing through the entire game and not hitting with damage?

Adherent
Mar 18, 2009
gmaof5ggmaof4 on Dec 28, 2012 wrote:
I think we have plenty of healing abilities already. I don't ever seem to need another spell or boost since even my gear boosts my healing.

But here is a question I'd like an honest answer to and not just a guess... Doesn't the person who does the most damage to the enemies get better and more rewards at the end of the battle? It seems to me that is the case. My family plays together in same house and that is how it appears. I may be wrong but I really would like to know. Do you get much for healing through the entire game and not hitting with damage?
No. You don't get more rewards for doing more damage. You can, however, get more battle xp by contributing to the fight more (and making the battle last longer). If you character sits in the battle and passes every round, you will not get as much xp as everyone else. However, the loot remains random.

http://www.wizard101central.com/forums/archive/index.php/t-148194.html

Survivor
Sep 14, 2009
victa on Dec 13, 2012 wrote:
Hi, I don't know about others but I'm not very happy with the 'circle of life' aura. I was hoping for a better aura with damage like all the other schools. To be honest it let me down when i saw it and it has probably let down most other life wizards.
Luke LifeBlade
So I'm confused by this whole thread. I have a level 87 Life. I have never heard of "circle of life". I went and checked with Moolinda, just in case, and she had nothing to say to me. Am I missing something?
Erin Angle

Hero
Jan 24, 2010
jonmarchant on Dec 30, 2012 wrote:
So I'm confused by this whole thread. I have a level 87 Life. I have never heard of "circle of life". I went and checked with Moolinda, just in case, and she had nothing to say to me. Am I missing something?
Erin Angle
Hi Erin,

You have to complete the quest in Azteca to repair the star school trainer before you can gain the Cycle of Life or the other school spells.

Qbb

Adherent
Mar 18, 2009
Erin Angle
Go to Zocolo in Azteca instead. One of the NPCs there will get you started on the Star School quest. I believe it is Pacal Redmask.

Defender
Feb 24, 2012
Erin Angle
They are talking about the astral aura for life in azteca. Just more complaining that life deserves more damage.
They feel betrayed because everyone got a damage aura but life. Hope that clears things up for you.

Defender
Feb 24, 2012
Nicholas SandRunne... on Dec 20, 2012 wrote:
Mack dont even try to explain some people just dont understand. Yes you are correct though balance basically is spirit/element.

Archon
Feb 07, 2011
Kyle Blake on Dec 16, 2012 wrote:

i am an archmage balance wizard, and i use the spells~ chastisement vs. spirit enemies and punishment vs. elementals (so i get outgoing bonuses on the enemies, but they don't get any back). works quite well, for the most part.

my life wizard is nowhere near azteca, so (assuming i ever run another wizard through there) it'll be a while until she has this particular issue. but, as it stands right now, life does need more attack-power and less healing.

mackmall said:

You have amplify and berserk to increase your damage. Not really seeing the problem here.

oh, but i do see a problem: when you're facing 3 enemies with full pips, casting berzerk is suicide, and i'm not willing to take that risk. amp isn't as bad, but it's only good for 4 rounds.

my 2 cents,
von.

Defender
Feb 24, 2012
Dr Von on Dec 31, 2012 wrote:
i am an archmage balance wizard, and i use the spells~ chastisement vs. spirit enemies and punishment vs. elementals (so i get outgoing bonuses on the enemies, but they don't get any back). works quite well, for the most part.

my life wizard is nowhere near azteca, so (assuming i ever run another wizard through there) it'll be a while until she has this particular issue. but, as it stands right now, life does need more attack-power and less healing.

mackmall said:

You have amplify and berserk to increase your damage. Not really seeing the problem here.

oh, but i do see a problem: when you're facing 3 enemies with full pips, casting berzerk is suicide, and i'm not willing to take that risk. amp isn't as bad, but it's only good for 4 rounds.

my 2 cents,
von.
Dont face the 3 alone then. Its not that difficult to figure out that azteca is hard to solo. I hate to say it like this but you must have a stict strategy to solo this world and be willing to change your playstyle if need.

Geographer
Feb 19, 2010
Luke LifeBlade
Some have pointed out on other threads they are also not happy with this new aura. If you are lucky maybe KI will change it for you but i would not hold your breath if you know what i mean.
I think the auras should have all followed the aspect of each school then it would have been more fair. Life is a healer school so thats why they received a healing aura.

Survivor
Jul 13, 2010
If you have ever used a Level 80 Life Henchman, which was created by KI, you will notice that she "battles" more than she heals. A lot more! Wonder what's up with that? Bet she wants an increase in damage, although I would prefer she heal when I have paid for her. After all, I heal when necessary, but like to be able to do damage when I need to as well. When I play with big damage wizards they rarely need me to heal them before the battle is over. Life getting more damage will not affect other wizards' game play unless it is an ego thing about being the only one to do damage in a battle. Why are the big damage schools so intense and angry about Life wizards wanting a bit of a damage boost? Aren't we suppose to be working together for a fun game for all?

Geographer
Feb 19, 2010
gmaof5ggmaof4 on Jan 10, 2013 wrote:
If you have ever used a Level 80 Life Henchman, which was created by KI, you will notice that she "battles" more than she heals. A lot more! Wonder what's up with that? Bet she wants an increase in damage, although I would prefer she heal when I have paid for her. After all, I heal when necessary, but like to be able to do damage when I need to as well. When I play with big damage wizards they rarely need me to heal them before the battle is over. Life getting more damage will not affect other wizards' game play unless it is an ego thing about being the only one to do damage in a battle. Why are the big damage schools so intense and angry about Life wizards wanting a bit of a damage boost? Aren't we suppose to be working together for a fun game for all?
Well i do know this i dont hire a life henchman for a damage boost, And there is threads complaining to KI about them not healing enough.

But i am to the point of not caring so much that some want the game not to have roles and thats fine because its supposed to be fun for all. I was trying to explain some views on the reason for the healing aura but seems that no one really sees the whole point of life school.

I could sit here and say yeah life should have got a dmg boost but it still wont happen so why care.

Survivor
Jul 13, 2010
How often do you ask a Life wizard to help you? From your posts it seems you don't need us, so what are we suppose to do if we don't have the damage help? I believe you mentioned that you never hired Life henchmen, so that indicates you don't need us. Not only did we not get the boost, we also don't have a spell like wyldfire, darkwind, time of legend or balefrost to increase our damage. Yes we have the spell to increase healing, but once again we get left out on increasing our damage. Yes we are suppose to heal. The problem is big damage schools don't usually need or request our help. If we are suppose to mainly heal then we are kind of left out of the game while we wait for someone to need us. That's a bit frustrating. If our role is 95% (or even 100%) to heal, how do we get involved in the game, how often? We want to be able to solo, for that we need more damage.

We can jump in a fight, but many times the person fighting gets angry, so do we just sit in a safe zone and keep asking if anyone needs a Life wizard in their fight? If we go into a battle that is in progress we bring in another enemy so do we just sit and wait to heal? Is that not going to irritate many who think we should also help defeat the enemy we pulled in? How do we play our role if we are only suppose to go into a battle to heal? Think how long it would take to level up since we would be spending most of our time waiting for someone to need us and ask for us to participate. Asking for a small percentage of damage boost, that all other schools got, is not much to ask as long as we know we are suppose to heal and we do so.

Please tell me your idea of the role and game plan for Life wizards besides we are suppose to heal. Are you of the opinion that we are not suppose to be affective with our spells and are suppose to just go in to heal? How do we get to play and do battles?

I have even had people get mad at me for healing them.They SHOUT that they do not want to be healed. Some get mad if you join them (I know, we are suppose to ask) plus they get upset if you get pulled into a fight by accident.

My main question is, what do you think Life wizards should do since we also need to be in battles in order to level up? Also what do you do to help us to get into battles? You clearly don't need us for healing. Please explain what we are to do if no one needs us or while waiting in hope of someone asking for us. Why is a spell to boost our spells so repugnant to you. If what you say is the fact of the game, then perhaps we should do away with Life wizards. How unfair that it would take a lot more time for us to move forward if we played the way you indicate we should, not be able to do bigger damage spells and spend lots of hours just waiting to be needed. Do you think we should just hang around until healing is needed? Again I ask, how is it going to hurt the big damage schools if we get a boost to help us with a little more damage? Help me understand, please.

Hope this makes sense.

Geographer
Feb 19, 2010
gmaof5ggmaof4 on Jan 18, 2013 wrote:
How often do you ask a Life wizard to help you? From your posts it seems you don't need us, so what are we suppose to do if we don't have the damage help? I believe you mentioned that you never hired Life henchmen, so that indicates you don't need us. Not only did we not get the boost, we also don't have a spell like wyldfire, darkwind, time of legend or balefrost to increase our damage. Yes we have the spell to increase healing, but once again we get left out on increasing our damage. Yes we are suppose to heal. The problem is big damage schools don't usually need or request our help. If we are suppose to mainly heal then we are kind of left out of the game while we wait for someone to need us. That's a bit frustrating. If our role is 95% (or even 100%) to heal, how do we get involved in the game, how often? We want to be able to solo, for that we need more damage.

We can jump in a fight, but many times the person fighting gets angry, so do we just sit in a safe zone and keep asking if anyone needs a Life wizard in their fight? If we go into a battle that is in progress we bring in another enemy so do we just sit and wait to heal? Is that not going to irritate many who think we should also help defeat the enemy we pulled in? How do we play our role if we are only suppose to go into a battle to heal? Think how long it would take to level up since we would be spending most of our time waiting for someone to need us and ask for us to participate. Asking for a small percentage of damage boost, that all other schools got, is not much to ask as long as we know we are suppose to heal and we do so.

Please tell me your idea of the role and game plan for Life wizards besides we are suppose to heal. Are you of the opinion that we are not suppose to be affective with our spells and are suppose to just go in to heal? How do we get to play and do battles?

I have even had people get mad at me for healing them.They SHOUT that they do not want to be healed. Some get mad if you join them (I know, we are suppose to ask) plus they get upset if you get pulled into a fight by accident.

My main question is, what do you think Life wizards should do since we also need to be in battles in order to level up? Also what do you do to help us to get into battles? You clearly don't need us for healing. Please explain what we are to do if no one needs us or while waiting in hope of someone asking for us. Why is a spell to boost our spells so repugnant to you. If what you say is the fact of the game, then perhaps we should do away with Life wizards. How unfair that it would take a lot more time for us to move forward if we played the way you indicate we should, not be able to do bigger damage spells and spend lots of hours just waiting to be needed. Do you think we should just hang around until healing is needed? Again I ask, how is it going to hurt the big damage schools if we get a boost to help us with a little more damage? Help me understand, please.

Hope this makes sense.
Damage for life would hurt no one. But i would like to note that i dont remember seeing any1 complaining back when we all got those spells you mentioned above such as wyldefire,darkwind, And if i remember correctly there is similarity to this with not every1 getting damage.

I think damage for life would be greatly appreciated by life school students but would it actually help them anymore than the heal aura does. It only gives 25% and you waste a round to cast it. With the life blade,trap,high dmg+, and colossal a life spell can do ok damage.

Ive said in other posts on this issue that KI should have just gave each school there specialty for the new auras and then it would have been more fair. Im not upset that life got a heal instead of damage but it is upsetting that everyone but life got damage.

Hero
Jul 30, 2012
gmaof4ggmaof2 has an interesting point.

When playing in teams dying just isn't a big deal. Many wizards intentionally play the die-port-die style of game play to get through. If wizards were restricted from die-port-die-port style of game play suddenly the classic life wizards would become extremely valuable. But thats not how the game is. Damage is necessary to complete a battle, healing is not.

Hero
Jan 24, 2010
RottenHeart on Jan 18, 2013 wrote:

When playing in teams dying just isn't a big deal. Many wizards intentionally play the die-port-die style of game play to get through. If wizards were restricted from die-port-die-port style of game play suddenly the classic life wizards would become extremely valuable. But thats not how the game is. Damage is necessary to complete a battle, healing is not.
Your right, RottenHeart. There is the small matter of how we win battles...

It is also true that there are very few "classic" Theurgists running around Avalon and Azteca. Somewhere around Marleybone we begin to expand our powers to encompass more damage. When we get our Life Blade, the game changes for us. I recall my Iridian altering her deck set up to accommodate blades and damage spells, and changing her gear to gain damage boost, pips, and health, so she could shift focus from dedicated healing to a combination of healing and damage. It's simply part of learning Life magic.

Anyone who thinks theurgists are meant for nothing but healing has never taken a life wizard from the beginning to the end of the game, or is someone who uses two accounts to always have another wizard on hand for solo-type situations.

My suggestion to anyone who is unclear as to why Theurgists want a damage boost: Make a baby Theurgist, play through the entire game solo, no extra wizards for help. Of course, it would be even better if that wizard had to complete DragonSpyre before the nerf, and encounter Celestia as it was before Wintertusk, Wysteria, and Crab Alley. Haha, even better: Start that Life wizard on a brand new account, with no goodies from other wizards, no crowns gear, no prior knowledge of the game, no fancy pet. Then solo the entire thing as far as possible. Then come back and tell us the Life is meant to heal, and doesn't need a small damage boost in Azteca.

Warmest Regards,

Qbb/Iridian/Scarlet/Isabella, One-in-a-Million level 5 Diviner

Defender
Feb 24, 2012
RottenHeart on Jan 18, 2013 wrote:

Interesting point if you use that type of playstyle. of course you will be wasting a potion each time but they are available.
I find playing my life student much easier to be support and healer than trying to do mass damage, I have some damage in my deck but not much.
Now when i solo at times i have a good damage set up and it works just fine without anything extra needed.

Defender
Sep 10, 2011
I was suprised too with this Aura and was sad to see it not boosting the damage stat as well. But at the back of my mind i thought KI might be thinking giving life more punch as it is will make it loose its identity as healers and transform it into a well rounded tanker.

What I did with mine is to make it a very good dealer of damage given the fact that it is already almost unbeatable with the way "she" ( yes my only female toon) heals herself. Her pet gives her extra punch with pain giver (+6) and Life Bringer (+8) reaching a damage range of 77-79 depending upon the ring she carries.. With proper blading (SB) and pip speed (empowerment), she can unload a mean Forest Lord in few turns with this offensive set up. Most of the time, when im teamed up with other damage dealing schools, I end up receiving blades from a balance school instead of them because i can dish out damage strong anough to rival an "average" storm player on a "per round" basis.

Now if i can manage to solo the 6K mobs and all the 20K+ double boss at Twin Giant, what more can I do with a damage boosting star spell? Going back to the topic, KI might have a maximum damage range for all schools to monitor how far one can push their damage stats if tweaked with proper gears and pets. So It might be logical not to give more damage to Life school because players can push the stats as they please. BUT to a Life player with a healing set up it is essential. So I think, for me, it is not necessary to have a damage aura but i wouldn't mind having one.

Im not into typecasting Life as healers only because I am the exact opposite of what a Life player should be. Even the damage dealing schools I play with heals me instead (not that I need it) after they witness the way I can put down an enemy. But in a way, I do understand why KI decided to grant us this healing aura instead.

Defender
Jun 06, 2009
Luke LifeBlade
I loved it. Better heal boost than Mend, and some bonus features to boot.

Of course, if you are in Striker Mode, this isn't of much use. But in healer mode? w00T!

- Stephen Earthmender
Life Wizard, Pixie Realm

Hero
Jul 30, 2012
fireproof1111 on Jan 20, 2013 wrote:
Interesting point if you use that type of playstyle. of course you will be wasting a potion each time but they are available.
I find playing my life student much easier to be support and healer than trying to do mass damage, I have some damage in my deck but not much.
Now when i solo at times i have a good damage set up and it works just fine without anything extra needed.
Yes we all have health potions. And in less than 20 seconds you can easily port to dragonspyre common area, zip downstairs to replenish your health and then port back to battle. and everybody does it either regularly or whenever necessary, depending on play style, skills, etc.

When playing in teams everybody is immortal. So dying isn't a big deal. Such a vast difference when playing solo and dying means battle is over.

Explorer
Jun 29, 2009
Good point Luke. I was also very impressed when I saw the Aurora. I thought back in celestia when everyone used to use *Amplify* (15%+ to any attacks for 4 rounds). I think that it was a let down, as stated above by other wizards, KI has given us life wizards enough chances to heal for more than 10,000 health. Guiding Light, Cicle of Life, The global life spell shields, what else? I mean come on, just becuase Life Wizards own 90% of the healing spells in the game, doesn´t mean we should keep everything just for healing, we also need the opportunity of attacking. If you can see forest lord is just 565 damage in the least. SpinySaur is ok and same is gnome. The Cicle of life should NOTOnly own the healing part, but also a bit of attacking and defense with Accuracy. I like being a life wizard, I have finished Azteca which was really awesome by the way, but I feel kind of humiliated by the fact that I still have to use Amplify while others can use their own auroras. I hope Wizard101 and Kings Isle may fix this issue.
Thank you for your attention.
Justin FireThief
Level 90 Life Wizard
Lord Of The Falling Sky