Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

epic and mega pets talents?

AuthorMessage
Explorer
Jul 26, 2012
I have an ancient snowman and ancient helephant the snowman use spirit fairy to heal me in battle but it only works about half the time.do they both get more talents with epic and mega?the mega snack pack in the crown shops you can level your pet up fast but they cost 2400 crowns.

Hero
Jul 30, 2012
Every time your pet does the spritely spell you must say "Good Boy!" and then your pet becomes more happy. jk!

I do not believe the frequency of the Spritely spell is effected by the pet's level (teen/adult/ancient/epic). I also do not believe it is effected by the pet's attributes. I have a brave hound and I am pretty sure its frequency of cast was about the same when it was teen as when it was ancient.

The 'may cast' spells are triggered by events. Different spells are triggered by different events. Luckily Spritely is triggered by several types of triggers such as hits from the enemy.

Through testing with my Reaper I discovered the blade and trap 'may cast' talents are triggered by attacks... your attacks, not the enemies. If I made no attacks my pet would cast about once every 50 rounds. But if I attack with a just a little spell every round my pet cast became extremely frequent.

This gives the appearance that pets almost never cast trap and blade spells because most of us like to cast all our traps and then kill an enemy with a big hit. Unless a fight gets dragged out these 'may cast' spells don't happen.

Archon
Oct 24, 2010
brettdy63 on Dec 7, 2012 wrote:
I have an ancient snowman and ancient helephant the snowman use spirit fairy to heal me in battle but it only works about half the time.do they both get more talents with epic and mega?the mega snack pack in the crown shops you can level your pet up fast but they cost 2400 crowns.
Yes, more talents are available at Epic and Mega.
Spritely is random, but does eventually kick in. :)

You an look up possible talents for your pets here: http://www.wizard101central.com/wiki/Category:First_Generation_Pets

Explorer
Oct 03, 2009
brettdy63 on Dec 7, 2012 wrote:
try mirror lake, you get 2 mega snacks called pixie sticks as a reward for your hard work, plus you can earn a lot of gold with the items they give you.