Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Do Younger Players Complete Zafaria?

AuthorMessage
Hero
Jul 30, 2012
Do younger players (15yo and younger) actually complete Zafaria on their own without real-world friends or family getting them through it? (Grandma helping them through doesn't count!) By completing I mean:

- getting to Zafaria by completing Celestia
- completing main story quest
- completing about 50% side quests
- completing the crafting quest
- gaining access and moving on to Avalon

I'm not suggesting anything by the question, I'm just really curious if younger players stick it out and make it through, or if eventually other activities win their attention.

Armiger
Feb 25, 2009
Some do, but many don't. Those that do will rarely do it without help. Many leave once they get into CL. The difficulty level takes a fairly good jump from DS. From there on, the difficulty increases significantly and becomes less fun or as in ZF, all the "Collect" this or that gets down right frustrating.

Many players regardless of age started playing W101 for the Magic and Fun it had in the first Arc. The second Arc has lost a lot of the fun and Magic. It has become more of a chore/job with too many things that need to be fixed.

Geographer
Feb 19, 2010
My nieces an nephews got through it. Niece is only 13 and she soloed just about the whole world on her own.
My nephew might have been able to solo it but me and my son was on occasionally helping out when we were available.

Defender
Feb 24, 2012
DragonLady1818 on Dec 8, 2012 wrote:
Some do, but many don't. Those that do will rarely do it without help. Many leave once they get into CL. The difficulty level takes a fairly good jump from DS. From there on, the difficulty increases significantly and becomes less fun or as in ZF, all the "Collect" this or that gets down right frustrating.

Many players regardless of age started playing W101 for the Magic and Fun it had in the first Arc. The second Arc has lost a lot of the fun and Magic. It has become more of a chore/job with too many things that need to be fixed.
I think the actual gamers out there can make it through with determination but yeah the people that arent used to difficult gaming usually give up after mooshu.
Everyone has to admit that the difficulty starts climbing at DS and jumps in celestia. But when you get to Zaf it takes a huge frustration curve.
That second arc was brought in for the gamers out there that wanted more of a challenge. Those that struggled on the first arc probably wont make it in the second arc of the game.
Keep in mind everyone, games arent made to be easy they are made to challenge us. But i do agree they should not be so frustrating that it becomes a chore more than a challenge. So in this case if W101 becomes a chore for some they may want to move on to a game thats less frustrating.

Survivor
May 28, 2009
My nephews are older (14/16) and have gotten through it. My daughter and her friends (up to age 11) switch to other characters or only play to decorate their houses once they get about halfway through Celestia. None of them have made it to Zafaria, even with help they find the quests take too long.

Defender
Jul 26, 2009
I haven't seen many passed level 70. Most train storm and fire and the polymorphs and cant even get close to living in that kind of a fight. If you go to the waterworks, there are a number of them who have made it that far, so it is happening. I wish they made storm unobtainable except for just up to the shield........ it makes leveling so hard for the lower levels trying to cast that storm lord in there high health gear.

Mastermind
Feb 29, 2012
My young kids have made it to DS (the younger) and MS (the older). They seemed to lose the desire to play. I think that MB took it out of the both of them. My younger one is more stubborn, so he pressed on and was questing in DS. There is no way they are going to go on in the second arc.
They have been able to progress in P101, but they have a tough time determining which gear is better, etc so I am not sure how far they will make it there.
pods

Delver
Jan 13, 2010
Im under 10 and i completed WITH help

Survivor
Apr 24, 2012
Well I thought it was a little diffucult for my kids even though they thought it was the funnest game ever! I, myself still have trouble in Avalon, which they have made it to the near end of Azteca my youngest thought that it was a little hard but his siblings helped him!

Squire
Jul 28, 2011
I don't know about some others but I certainly do fine with Wizard101. I'm more than halfway done with Zafaria and I plan to continue on. Also its better playing with the older people, they can strategize and plan like me

Survivor
Sep 05, 2010
I am young and I am already in the new world, Azteca. I wouldn't give out my age because it's private info, but yeah. I'm almost done with Azteca too, just too more places and i'm done.

Explorer
Feb 16, 2011
I am young and almost to Azteca. I heard that Azteca is really hard so I hope I don't give up.

Survivor
May 21, 2010
I have and I am younger than a teen. I have soloed the WHOLE game easily with no help on a myth character. plz don't put these posts up. Just because I am young means I am dumb and cant play this game?

Illuminator
Feb 24, 2009
Over half my friends aren't even 15 and over half of those friends are in azteca or avalon. >_> In fact, one of my 14 year old friends (none of these irl) has 6 wizards all in azteca or done with it. And if you want a 13 and below example, look at my thread in the Azteca section.

https://www.wizard101.com/forum/messageBoard/listPosts/game/8ad6a4163cd3722c013cdb3e80da2d4a

A menu chatter helped me with xibalba.

Delver
Oct 23, 2011
crystal2020164 on Feb 19, 2013 wrote:
I have and I am younger than a teen. I have soloed the WHOLE game easily with no help on a myth character. plz don't put these posts up. Just because I am young means I am dumb and cant play this game?
Yes, don't judge people by their age.

Hero
Jul 30, 2012
Thats fantastic that you completed the whole game easily with no help. Most gamers experience some challenges and need some help with a couple dungeons in Avalon and Azteca. Your irrational response however makes a strong case for your final statement. Please read OPs carefully and take the time to understand before rapid fire responses. Read your own posts prior to submitting.

Happy Wizarding

Defender
Dec 16, 2009
RottenHeart on Dec 7, 2012 wrote:
Do younger players (15yo and younger) actually complete Zafaria on their own without real-world friends or family getting them through it? (Grandma helping them through doesn't count!) By completing I mean:

- getting to Zafaria by completing Celestia
- completing main story quest
- completing about 50% side quests
- completing the crafting quest
- gaining access and moving on to Avalon

I'm not suggesting anything by the question, I'm just really curious if younger players stick it out and make it through, or if eventually other activities win their attention.
I'm under 15 (under 13, really). I am in Cloudburst Forest, Azteca and I have completed all of those achievements you have listed above. I also am currently a legendary crafter who needs 4 more agave nectar and 4 more turquoise. However, unlike many others, I do not PvP too often. All the time I've been playing W101, I have only ranked PvP twice; both losses, reasons:

Reason(s) for Battle 1: No ultra-high storm/fire resist

Reason(s) for Battle 2: 2 Archmage 1 Grandmaster vs. 3 Archmage, I had the grandmaster and lost with a huge difference in power. Also, Plague/Virulent plague as well as infection and the fairy/unicorn pet heals were spammed (their heals doubled due to their athame/ring).

With the reasons for battle 2 known, it seems like I do not have a good pet, which is true: I don't have a good pet at all, so I call myself under average compared to others around my level (87).

Champion
Dec 01, 2011
As a kid, I struggled in Zafaria and Azteca. These were the worse.

Survivor
Jul 17, 2011
I've done Zafaria when I was about 14, almost 15 (right now I'm 15, almost 16) and I am proud to say that I found it really easy. I've done every side quest in there and only needed help in Mirror Lake (a long summer break really helped me ). Right now I'm in Azteca and continuing on. I believe that at this age I have the most spare time and patience to play as once I finish high-school I will barely have enough time.

Erin Firesword
level 87, one happy Archmage Pyromancer

Administrator
To protect the privacy of people who seem insistent to publish their under 13 ages I am closing this thread.

community@wizard101.com