Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

School Mounts.

AuthorMessage
Explorer
Dec 24, 2008
A Mythspent Youth on Mar 4, 2013 wrote:
My daughter has been bugging me for ages to get this idea out there, so here goes.

School Mounts

That is to say, at a certain level, instead of getting a new school pet, why not a school specific mount? For example:

Ice: Armored polar bear
Fire: Lava-rock salamander
Storm: Storm cloud (like a flying carpet)
Balance: Ra helmet with wings (when equipped, it would cover up your existing hat)
Myth: Clockwork griffin
Life: Horse golem made of branches, twigs and vines
Death: Hearse pulled by a bone horse (ridden like the rickshaw)

What do you guys think?
All of these are great ideas except one: a helmet for Balance, really? Maybe Balance could have something like a like a scorpion maybe?

Survivor
Jan 01, 2009
I like the idea of School Themed Mounts...
I try to do that right now with my wizards:
My Storm rides a white Pegasus.
My Ice rides the white Stag.
My Life has the Seraph Wings.
My Death Wizard do not yet have a mount.

I was thinking about the black panther for my Death but it just did not suit me.
I really wanted one of the black horses (you know Death rides a a dark horse) but the way they look...one of them has a beard...they have their teeth showing like the noseband is on too tight...they are just not really all that cool looking for a Death Wizard (in my opinion).
I am hoping that KingsIsle will come out with a new horse or something even cooler for my Death Wizard to ride. If not then I will probably end up getting the black Pegasus.

Survivor
Sep 19, 2012
My daughter has been bugging me for ages to get this idea out there, so here goes.

School Mounts

That is to say, at a certain level, instead of getting a new school pet, why not a school specific mount? For example:

Balance: Ra helmet with wings (when equipped, it would cover up your existing hat)

What do you guys think?
that a great idea! it will be awesome if instead of pets yo get mounts that can take yo to places instead of trying to earn gold ir buying crowns why not get your own permanent mount at a certain level

Archon
Oct 24, 2010
LuckieWabbit on Mar 7, 2013 wrote:
I like the idea of School Themed Mounts...
I try to do that right now with my wizards:
My Storm rides a white Pegasus.
My Ice rides the white Stag.
My Life has the Seraph Wings.
My Death Wizard do not yet have a mount.

I was thinking about the black panther for my Death but it just did not suit me.
I really wanted one of the black horses (you know Death rides a a dark horse) but the way they look...one of them has a beard...they have their teeth showing like the noseband is on too tight...they are just not really all that cool looking for a Death Wizard (in my opinion).
I am hoping that KingsIsle will come out with a new horse or something even cooler for my Death Wizard to ride. If not then I will probably end up getting the black Pegasus.
What about the wings? The swiftshadow wings are awesome: http://www.wizard101central.com/wiki/Mount:Swiftshadow_Wings

Survivor
Dec 08, 2012
these are mine
  • storm=leviathan
  • fire=demon panther
  • ice=weyvrn
  • death=skeletal rickshaw
  • life=vine cart(mine cart)
  • myth=snake
  • balance=super scorpion

Survivor
Aug 27, 2010
I was Just about to submit this Idea When I saw yours.
My Idea Was:

Fire: Fire Dragon or Young Battledrake
Ice: Mammoth
Storm: Stormzilla
Myth: Orthrus
Life: Centaur
Death: Avenging Fossil
Balance: Giant Scorpion

KingsIsle Should Certainly do this. This would make a great addition to the game

Survivor
Feb 10, 2013
I think that is a good idea. When you reach Marlybone or after your teacher should as you to find stuff to do a mont thugh for a myth mount it should be a one-eyed blood bat? what do yuo guys think?

Defender
Feb 27, 2009
My idea: Storm: Storm Owl; I believe I can fly and touch the sky!
Ice: Morganthe spam spell, lol, or better know as the mammoth and not the one from the Ice Age and the movies. ROFL!
Fire: Young Battledrake; To battle!
Death: Hmm, Avenging Fossil; Giddy up!
Myth: Basilisk (3 person mount and all other schools 2 person and this will get more myth guys and girls) Here Basil-Basil-lisk. Sayings of the this creature: "Do not rejoice, whole country of Philistia, because the rod that beat you has broken, since the serpent's stock can still produce a basilisk, and the offspring of that will be a flying dragon." "out of the serpent's root shall come forth a cockatrice, and his fruit shall be a fiery flying serpent.""You will tread on the lion and the dragon,/the asp and the basilisk you will trample under foot," Thou shalt tread upon the lion and adder: the young lion and the dragon shalt thou trample under feet,""It is a basilisk unto mine eye, Kills me to look on't." “If my eyes would carry with them the execution which the eyes of the basilisk are said to do, I would make it my first business to see this creature.”
Life: Centaur or Centuarides; Will you drive my chariot to battle with your bow? Sayings of this creature: “If my eyes would carry with them the execution which the eyes of the basilisk are said to do, I would make it my first business to see this creature.”Man may escape from Rope and Gun;
Nay, some have out liv'd the Doctor's Pill;
Who takes a Woman must be undone,

The sayings on each mount is what you say to them when they come. You can make your own if you have a microphone and I'll surely like all them cause I made it! Hope you like it and welcome me back to the Message Boards! Now as we must go Storm Owl. x fly and sings I believe I can fly and touch the sky! x

Survivor
Jan 30, 2011
Those are great ideas theres only one i dont really like is the balance in my opinion it should be cooler like maby a locust swarm cloud i dont know i just love my hat >:

the storm cloud great the pollar bear great there all great

Survivor
Sep 27, 2009
Explorer
Jun 04, 2012
Big giant leaf? I rather have a either a Lily ( You get to make it open or close it )/or a Leperchaun? You ride on top of its hat

Survivor
Mar 01, 2010
Survivor
May 14, 2010
i really like this topic and i really like the idea but i for storm you should get to ride the levi

Delver
Oct 27, 2009
I always heard the legend that Death rides a Pale horse. It could be a spooky looking horse with glowing eyes and sparks shooting off the hooves. Mixing mythologies, it could have meat eating fangs.

Survivor
Mar 21, 2009
storm-storm owl
death-avenging fossil
balance-saber tooth cat
fire-sun serpent
life-spinysaur
ice-mammoth

Champion
Aug 20, 2010
Honestly I don't love it. Everyone would we running around with mounts. Mounts are something special, something unique not something every single wizard is running around with. You earn or pay for a mount not get it because of your school.

Survivor
Dec 16, 2012
I'm a ice wizard and I would love the Pegasus from the Snow Angel spell as a mount.

Survivor
Aug 23, 2009
Cool but i think wizards from other schools should be able to get them but, it will maybe cost more or something.

Survivor
Jan 07, 2013
Geographer
Feb 19, 2010
Shannon Skybreaker on Dec 2, 2012 wrote:
Who else out there thinks it would be cool to have mounts that you get from your school? I've been thinking of some ideas of mounts for it. Here are a couple my mind has generated:
Storm- ?
Fire- Heckhound or Dragon?
Ice- The winged horse from the spell Snow Angel?
Myth- A Basilisk or Orthrus?
Life- Centaur or Spinysaur?
Death- I would say Skeletal Dragon but that was already made, so my other thought would be the level 90 dinosaur spells whose name escapes me.
Balance- I would say Hydra, however, one is already out, I would say maybe an Chimera or a Saber Tooth.
Thank you for taking these into consideration. If you have any ideas or comments, please feel free to post. I definitely need help with the storm one.
~Shannon Skybreaker
I still like this idea. Maybe KI could implement something like this into the game for level 100.

Survivor
Aug 11, 2012
I think a storm snake would be good, including all different kinds of snakes would be good to ride, or a horse. Also a kind of short mount, like the crocodile.

Survivor
Jul 18, 2011
I think it's a great idea but I see a huge thing some of you might have over looked. What about the crown shop mounts? I mean lets say I'm a Balance wizard and I get a chimera mount.Why on earth would I spend money to buy crown mounts if I get such a cool one for free? If you want KI to make school mounts then aim at a bit more basic mounts like a fire broom for Fire or ice broom for Ice. I do agree that we should get a least brooms as a free mount but, a giant fire dragon for fire? I'm sry but I don't think KI wants to lose sales a the crown shop on mounts I mean that is a source of their income. Great idea though!

Mastermind
May 12, 2009
ShadowHawk125 on Mar 20, 2013 wrote:
I think it's a great idea but I see a huge thing some of you might have over looked. What about the crown shop mounts? I mean lets say I'm a Balance wizard and I get a chimera mount.Why on earth would I spend money to buy crown mounts if I get such a cool one for free? If you want KI to make school mounts then aim at a bit more basic mounts like a fire broom for Fire or ice broom for Ice. I do agree that we should get a least brooms as a free mount but, a giant fire dragon for fire? I'm sry but I don't think KI wants to lose sales a the crown shop on mounts I mean that is a source of their income. Great idea though!
Hmm, I was thinking it could be attainable at level 100. However, I suppose they could price it at the Crown Shop and have the school restriction along with it, somewhat like the gear that it carries. Thank you for bringing this to my attention.
~Shannon Skybreaker

Survivor
Aug 27, 2010
I like this idea, but it should be available at level 98 along with the new spell, so everyone won't get a free mount. And like 99% of people at that level have Permanent Mounts already.

Fire: Fire Dragon
Storm: Stormzilla
Ice: Ice Wyvern
Death: Avenging Fossil
Life: Centaur
Myth: Orthrus
Balance: Chimera

Also, I think there should be 2 quests. 1 for the Spell, the other for the mount. I think for the mount, each school should have to:
1. Talk to teacher
2. Go fight some boss to get a frame for an amulet
3. Find stuff to make the amulet Gems to call for the mount
4. Go to required destination to summon your mount, and after you talk to it, you run up and push "X" To claim it right there.
5. Talk to teacher to get your XP and Gold.

Survivor
Nov 07, 2012

School Mounts

What do you guys think?
im balance and i dont like the balance mount