Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

School Mounts.

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Dec 08, 2011
Through the spiral (or at least where I've been to) Prospector Zeke is selling mounts. He sells brooms, wings, and horses with one day time-limits. Of course, in some places, a selection is missing (for example, in Mooshu, he doesn't sell wings).
I think he should have more mounts. Now, I'm not saying they should be amazing and breath-taking like a flying pig or three-headed hydra, I'm saying there should be more. The current selection had grown boring to me, personally.
One idea for a new mount could be a bicycle. There could be a bike for each element (for example, there could be a blue bike with snowflakes for ice, a black bike with skulls for death, etc.)
Another cool mount he could sell would be a fire cat with a fire-proof saddle.

Another thing is, I dislike the one-day-limit. Instead, I think the mount should go away after twenty-four hours of the wizard being online. It's much better for the wizard, seeing as they get to have the mount for longer.

-Kaitlyn Shadowshade, Ice Wizard

Survivor
Jan 22, 2013
I totally agree. It would be much better if Zeke offered some new mounts. What if he offered mounts to match the world he is selling them in? For example, what if in mushu he offered a ninja pig mount where you ride on the pig's shoulders. Well, something like that. I think you should be able to rent your mount for a week or so. Then mounts wouldn't be such a waist of money. I can't wait to hear other opinions, and I am glad to express mine.

Grace Silverdust, Ice, level 36

Historian
Jul 18, 2010
Yeah i have to agree! We do need more mounts to buy from zeke. I like your bike idea a lot That should go in the crown shop for permanent use! Btw the hydra is already made. Its a reward from the hoard of hydra pack you can possibly get. We should get new mounts, your right. Zeke's mount are too old....

Champion
Dec 01, 2011
Epic Ice on Apr 1, 2013 wrote:
Through the spiral (or at least where I've been to) Prospector Zeke is selling mounts. He sells brooms, wings, and horses with one day time-limits. Of course, in some places, a selection is missing (for example, in Mooshu, he doesn't sell wings).
I think he should have more mounts. Now, I'm not saying they should be amazing and breath-taking like a flying pig or three-headed hydra, I'm saying there should be more. The current selection had grown boring to me, personally.
One idea for a new mount could be a bicycle. There could be a bike for each element (for example, there could be a blue bike with snowflakes for ice, a black bike with skulls for death, etc.)
Another cool mount he could sell would be a fire cat with a fire-proof saddle.

Another thing is, I dislike the one-day-limit. Instead, I think the mount should go away after twenty-four hours of the wizard being online. It's much better for the wizard, seeing as they get to have the mount for longer.

-Kaitlyn Shadowshade, Ice Wizard
The Broomsticks should be available at level 100. Like pets, these mounts would be school limited.

Flameglider - Fire School Only - No Trade - No Auction - No Sell - No Trash
+ 50% agility
+ 25% XP

Snowspeeder - Ice School Only - No Trade - No Auction - No Sell - No Trash
+ 50% agility
+ 25% XP

Windster 9000 - Storm School Only - No Trade - No Auction - No Sell - No Trash

+ 50% agility
+ 25% XP

Storydancer - Myth School Only - No Trade - No Auction - No Sell - No Trash

+ 50% agility
+ 25% XP

Naturetraveller - Life School Only - No Trade - No Auction - No Sell - No Trash

+ 50% agility
+ 25% XP

Spiritwalker - Death School Only - No Trade - No Auction - No Sell - No Trash

+ 50% agility
+ 25% XP

Eqalityrunner - Balance School Only - No Trade - No Auction - No Sell - No Trash

+ 50% agility
+ 25% XP

Survivor
Aug 28, 2011
I'm sure some would disagree with me but I think it would be cool if mounts added just a litttle bit to your stats like maybe 150 health boost or something. Just an idea

Administrator
Equipped items only give you that boost while they are equipped. Since you dismount to enter a duel, any stat bonuses that a mount would give you would not be available in combat.

community@wizard101.com
Champion
Dec 01, 2011
Professor Greyrose on Apr 2, 2013 wrote:
Equipped items only give you that boost while they are equipped. Since you dismount to enter a duel, any stat bonuses that a mount would give you would not be available in combat.
Agreed. That is why we have Pets. But it would be cool if you could raise some attributes to your mount like + 25% battle chance (pulled in battle)

Historian
Jul 18, 2010
Yes Greyrose is right 100%. If your mounts gave you stats, you dont wear them in battle. Therefore those stats would be useless. Isnt that what pets are for anyway? Mounts are for show, speed, and fun Stats would change mounts forever!!

Survivor
Aug 08, 2012
I thought that Wizard101 should make some more new mounts, and was wondering what everyone thought would be a new mount they should make.

Survivor
Aug 28, 2011
These are just some ideas:
Zebra
Bear
Chimera (since there is a Hydra)
Storm Bat
Snow Angel (that Ice spell)
Fire Cat
Sun Bird
Vampire Bat
Bat
Centaur
and
I believe I saw someone else post this somewhere but for April Fools next year have a rock mount that could not move or an egg with legs that moves -75% normal speed.
â–¶Opinions?

Survivor
Jan 08, 2010
I think personally that school pets are getting old and not that good so I think you guys should add school mounts that can have three people ride on them.

Ice- either a mammoth with some one on the top and two others on the horns
Life- a centaur so one person would be the centaur and two others sat on the back
Fire- sun serpent just three people riding on
Storm- storm owl like raven but someone on head and two others on talons
Myth- orthorus so one person on its back and two on heads
Death- either a giant vampire with two people in coffins on its claws or the dead Dino
Balance- like hydra but three people on the heads

Archon
Oct 24, 2010
dogydoo30 on Apr 14, 2013 wrote:
I think personally that school pets are getting old and not that good so I think you guys should add school mounts that can have three people ride on them.

Ice- either a mammoth with some one on the top and two others on the horns
Life- a centaur so one person would be the centaur and two others sat on the back
Fire- sun serpent just three people riding on
Storm- storm owl like raven but someone on head and two others on talons
Myth- orthorus so one person on its back and two on heads
Death- either a giant vampire with two people in coffins on its claws or the dead Dino
Balance- like hydra but three people on the heads
No more three person mounts. They are too huge, impossible to see/navigate around and I'm just tired of it.

I like the mount ideas, except for the multi-person mount aspect.

Survivor
Oct 23, 2012
I think this would be great:

Storm: Storm Owl

Fire: Fire Dragon

Ice: Woolly Mammoth

Death: Dr. Von's Monster

Life: Centaur

Myth: Medusa

Balance: Chimera

Quest: Go to your professor at level 90, fight a boss and drops*whatever item* and go and recieve exp and reward.

Survivor
May 16, 2011
All of them are great but I rather have a heckhound for fire just saying :). Like really its a giant fire wolf.That breathes fire?! And its a loyal pet too C:

Survivor
Jan 12, 2013
Awesome idea! I love it! We could get mounts that represent our schools. How creative is that!

Geographer
Nov 26, 2011
Nice idea, but I think for fire maybe....
Fire-Phoenix wings
Anyways, agreed!

Geographer
Mar 12, 2013
Professor Greyrose on Apr 2, 2013 wrote:
We could have mounts that also function as other slot items.

For instance: the Mary Poppins Storm Bundle

Mount: An umbrella that is partially turned inside-out by the wind. You open it, and the wind carries you where you want to go.

Wand: When you enter a battle, if you had the umbrella equipped, it now becomes your staff. You brandish it in front of you and it pops open. When a spell successfully resolves, raindrops fly off the umbrella and the spell animation begins. When it fizzles, the umbrella pops inside out and the wires sag and fold.

Cards: Umbrella as wand gives you 5 100-point storm wand hits plus one Infallible item card.

(The bundle would also feature a Chimney Sweep frog pet with similar stats and pedigree as Spinyfish; and a Governess' Gear set of frumpy old lady clothes that have Skyscream waterworks stats.)

Survivor
Jul 28, 2012
This is an amazing Idea!
Fire should Be A Fire dragon or something.

Andrew WaterCrafter Level 46

Defender
Oct 21, 2010
Armored Polar Bear Would Be EPIC
Love The Idea

Julia DragonLeaf-Level 87 Ice

Megan DragonLeaf-Level 26 Storm

"The Best Things In Life Are Free, But Wizard101 Begs To Differ!"

Defender
Jul 03, 2012
Geographer
Mar 12, 2013
Death should totally ride around the spiral in a grey boat piloted by Charon. Basically a wraith dude at the helm, rowing across the Styx.

Survivor
Jan 26, 2012
I love this idea!!!!! Kings isle please do this, I will buy so many crowns for this. I love the stormc cloud idea!!

Explorer
Mar 18, 2012
It would be nice if there were mounts that represents the school spells.
Each school would have a mount that is their level 48 spell. But Myth would be a two person mount because our level 48 spell is Orthrus. One person would sit on a head, the other person would sit on another head. But it would be also cool if there would be mounts like the level 58 spells, 68 spells, 78 spells, and 88 spells. Let me know if you like my idea.

Delver
Feb 25, 2013
Yes, totally! Also, I the storm one, but here is another idea I'm just throwing out there:

A multiplayer leviathan mount! It would have little seats on its back and sits three to four people.

I also really like the cloud idea, though! Maybe the leviathan in a pack or something?

Destiny Windgem, level 42

Survivor
Dec 23, 2012
A Mythspent Youth on Mar 4, 2013 wrote:
My daughter has been bugging me for ages to get this idea out there, so here goes.

School Mounts

That is to say, at a certain level, instead of getting a new school pet, why not a school specific mount? For example:

Ice: Armored polar bear
Fire: Lava-rock salamander
Storm: Storm cloud (like a flying carpet)
Balance: Ra helmet with wings (when equipped, it would cover up your existing hat)
Myth: Clockwork griffin
Life: Horse golem made of branches, twigs and vines
Death: Hearse pulled by a bone horse (ridden like the rickshaw)

What do you guys think?
Hi, I think this is a very good idea! Do you think, for example, ( And this probably doesn't matter ), but let's say i'm a Death student. Would I be able to buy a Storm mount?

~Brooke WillowWhisper, Level 23 Life