Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

School Mounts.

AuthorMessage
Champion
Dec 01, 2011
zmj13 on Feb 6, 2013 wrote:
Hey everyone I thought I would throw out an idea I have had for awhile now.
What do you think of having special permanent mounts for each school?
Maybe they could be kinda like the level 48, 58 and 78 school quest pets, they could be for like level 98 wizards or maybe even higher. Anyway if you have any thoughts on this please reply
Here are some ideas I had for the mounts.

Life-Centaur
Myth-Orthrus
Death-?
Ice-Mammoth
Fire-Fire dragon
Storm-Leviathon
Balance-Sabertooth tiger
A post about this already exists. I will do some research and give you the link in a quote.

Champion
Dec 01, 2011
popcicool7777777 on Feb 6, 2013 wrote:
A post about this already exists. I will do some research and give you the link in a quote.
I've found it. You can access the thread by following this link: www.wizard101.com/forum/messageBoard/listPosts/game/8ad6a41c3b509d2c013b5d2e4e8d0133

Armiger
Jan 11, 2012
Survivor
Dec 02, 2010
Thank you for the links, I didnt realize that there were already topics on this.

Survivor
Dec 02, 2010
I really like this idea, I think it would be great to get them from a school quest in a future world.
I think the coolest mounts for each school are
Fire- at first I thought fire dragon but I think the heckhound would be cooler
Ice- A wooly mammoth would be awesome
Storm- Leviathon or Stormzilla
Life- Centaur, or maybe a Forest lord where you are holding on to its fur
Death- I cant think of any good death ones maybe a scarecrow?
Myth- Definetly an Orthrus
Balance-hmmm maybe a Sabertooth

Anyways this is a really great idea.

Survivor
May 18, 2012
Survivor
Dec 09, 2008
Shannon Skybreaker on Dec 2, 2012 wrote:
Who else out there thinks it would be cool to have mounts that you get from your school? I've been thinking of some ideas of mounts for it. Here are a couple my mind has generated:
Storm- ?
Fire- Heckhound or Dragon?
Ice- The winged horse from the spell Snow Angel?
Myth- A Basilisk or Orthrus?
Life- Centaur or Spinysaur?
Death- I would say Skeletal Dragon but that was already made, so my other thought would be the level 90 dinosaur spells whose name escapes me.
Balance- I would say Hydra, however, one is already out, I would say maybe an Chimera or a Saber Tooth.
Thank you for taking these into consideration. If you have any ideas or comments, please feel free to post. I definitely need help with the storm one.
~Shannon Skybreaker
I like all your ideas! Storm could have a leviathan maybe...?

Survivor
Jun 17, 2011
dayerider on Jan 26, 2013 wrote:
My choices for fire are:

1 person mounts:
Phoenix, Firecat, Sunbird

2 person mounts (riding one behind the other):
Heckhound
Fire Dragon

My Death choices would be:
Vampire Bat, I like the Skeletal Horse idea, Avenging Fossil

Here's some thoughts on it:
1) We should get the mount as a quest reward
2) It would be a permanent mount
3) It would give players a 20% boost to speed
4) If a player already has, or purchases a permanent mount after they get the school mount, would get an additional 20% (total of 40%, just as if they bought it), and it would stay that way
5) As we get more quests that give us mount rewards, we would get other choices for mounts. We could change our mount as much as we wanted to, but could ONLY have one at a time. Perhaps give us a new quest once every 15-20 levels
6) We could color them how we wanted to, providing each pet maintained a school based color scheme. So death could have Greys, Black, white and blood red. Fire could have white, orange, blue, red or yellow.

just some random thoughts :)
I really like this idea but instead of 20% at first then 40% I think KI should finally move the speed
cap to 60%.

Geographer
Feb 19, 2010
Survivor
May 04, 2009
Deathsrider on Feb 12, 2013 wrote:
I really like this idea but instead of 20% at first then 40% I think KI should finally move the speed
cap to 60%.
yep so now we are at least "60 %" cooler

stop! random post time

Mastermind
May 12, 2009
I thank you all greatly for the support and suggestions. Especially for the storm one, I have heard some wonderful suggestions. To be honest, all the input has been wonderful! As for psicopata013, I made it School Mounts because us wizards have School Pets that only the school the pet belongs to can use. I was thinking of that when I thought of this idea. As to you Monica WyrmHeart, I'm sure you are a wonderful thinker! I really did enjoy your post, thank you. As for my lack of ideas for Storm, you guys have filled me in with some good ones. Leviathan and a Storm Cloud both seem like very cool choices for a mount. Thank you all so much again. I appreciate it! Keep coming up with more ideas, I'd love to hear them.
~Shannon Skybreaker

Survivor
Jun 14, 2012
Shannon Skybreaker on Dec 2, 2012 wrote:
Who else out there thinks it would be cool to have mounts that you get from your school? I've been thinking of some ideas of mounts for it. Here are a couple my mind has generated:
Storm- ?
Fire- Heckhound or Dragon?
Ice- The winged horse from the spell Snow Angel?
Myth- A Basilisk or Orthrus?
Life- Centaur or Spinysaur?
Death- I would say Skeletal Dragon but that was already made, so my other thought would be the level 90 dinosaur spells whose name escapes me.
Balance- I would say Hydra, however, one is already out, I would say maybe an Chimera or a Saber Tooth.
Thank you for taking these into consideration. If you have any ideas or comments, please feel free to post. I definitely need help with the storm one.
~Shannon Skybreaker
Cool idea

Survivor
Sep 17, 2012
Well here are some of my idea's!

Life!
Hmm... Not quiet sure what would be good but, OH! Pixie wings... People would like Pixie wings like the green fairy that gives you health her wings (Like seraph wings but green and more pixie-like)

Fire
Heckhound would be good... or a Deep dark red dragon

Storm
A stormzilla mount!

Ice
Ice wyrven (But Also invent a new way to RIDE certin mounts for snakes and stuff like that, The style would be the snake and YOU standing on the part of the snake on the floor when the head is still up.)

Death
Death Dragon (No skin just a bone dragon)
Or
Vampire Wings

Balence
Scorpion Mount

Myth
Homofrog Mount

Those were my idea's
P.S If these idea's were all ready said please dont say I copied you becuse I didn't look to see what people said.

Thanks ~ My names a mystery

Survivor
Jun 09, 2009
This is a cool idea. I really like the idea of a leaf mount for life.

Community Leader
My daughter has been bugging me for ages to get this idea out there, so here goes.

School Mounts

That is to say, at a certain level, instead of getting a new school pet, why not a school specific mount? For example:

Ice: Armored polar bear
Fire: Lava-rock salamander
Storm: Storm cloud (like a flying carpet)
Balance: Ra helmet with wings (when equipped, it would cover up your existing hat)
Myth: Clockwork griffin
Life: Horse golem made of branches, twigs and vines
Death: Hearse pulled by a bone horse (ridden like the rickshaw)

What do you guys think?

Survivor
Dec 17, 2010
Explorer
Oct 30, 2011
Community Leader
A Mythspent Youth on Mar 4, 2013 wrote:
My daughter has been bugging me for ages to get this idea out there, so here goes.

School Mounts

That is to say, at a certain level, instead of getting a new school pet, why not a school specific mount? For example:

Balance: Ra helmet with wings (when equipped, it would cover up your existing hat)

What do you guys think?
Great ideas!
Ice,Storm, Myth I love those. Fire Salamander with flames for a tail, like the one from mythology would be wicked!

How about
Balance- a MB 2 person car or a Sandstorm.
Death- I like the death too but not fund of the rickshaw style What about more like the sleigh?

Community Leader
Paige MoonShade on Mar 4, 2013 wrote:
Great ideas!
Ice,Storm, Myth I love those. Fire Salamander with flames for a tail, like the one from mythology would be wicked!

How about
Balance- a MB 2 person car or a Sandstorm.
Death- I like the death too but not fund of the rickshaw style What about more like the sleigh?
Well, if the Death school mount is a hearse, then my rickshaw comparison is off the mark anyway. With a true, horse-drawn hearse, the Death student would be the driver, not the passenger:

www.victoriana.com/VictorianPeriod/images/hearse.JPG

And I love the car idea!

Illuminator
Feb 24, 2009
I always liked this idea, but I never liked the idea of poor death always getting something to do with bones. How about something else? I can't think of anything atm.

PS: Make sure you rig all your raffles in my favor c;

~Rony<3

Explorer
Mar 30, 2010
Mastermind
May 12, 2009
Hey, you should really check up my topic on it. I have some ideas circulating on it and yours seems pretty cool. I believe we should form an alliance to make this work out. What do you say?
~Shannon Skybreaker

Defender
Dec 18, 2010
cool! like it.

but how about for balance--- a locust storm cloud or a sandstorm ( both like the flying carpet) or a scorpion ( like the shark mount)

i hope KI does this, it seems cool.

kiley lightleaf level 78 balance wizard

Champion
Dec 01, 2011
A Mythspent Youth on Mar 4, 2013 wrote:

School Mounts

What do you guys think?
We had that discussion before:

www.wizard101.com/forum/messageBoard/listPosts/game/8ad6a41c3b509d2c013b5d2e4e8d0133

Enjoy!

Survivor
Sep 07, 2008
i like the idea but i think the mounts should be spells sort of like ;

Ice: Mammoth
Fire: Fire Dragon
Storm: Storm Owl
Balance: Sabertooth
Myth: Basilisk
Death: Avenging fossil
Life: Forest lord