Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

School Mounts.

AuthorMessage
Mastermind
May 12, 2009
Who else out there thinks it would be cool to have mounts that you get from your school? I've been thinking of some ideas of mounts for it. Here are a couple my mind has generated:
Storm- ?
Fire- Heckhound or Dragon?
Ice- The winged horse from the spell Snow Angel?
Myth- A Basilisk or Orthrus?
Life- Centaur or Spinysaur?
Death- I would say Skeletal Dragon but that was already made, so my other thought would be the level 90 dinosaur spells whose name escapes me.
Balance- I would say Hydra, however, one is already out, I would say maybe an Chimera or a Saber Tooth.
Thank you for taking these into consideration. If you have any ideas or comments, please feel free to post. I definitely need help with the storm one.
~Shannon Skybreaker

Survivor
Mar 31, 2010
I think that's a really cool idea, and I like the thought of it a lot! Like you said before, some of the ideas you came up with were already mounts, so you should make it so that they have a unique thing about them that makes them for that school. Like, maybe the school symbol somewhere on it?

Maybe for storm you could have... a kraken? I don't know. But I really like the idea that you came up with. Also, I think if this actually became a real thing, it should only be accessible to those people that have that school as their first school.

I think it's a great idea!

Destiny NightGem - Lvl 25 Thaumaturge

Explorer
Mar 18, 2010
Oh yes, that's really cool. I think this should be only available to a wizard if it's the school.
Storm: Storm snake or lightning bats or a stormzilla or a lightning strike
Fire: A firecat, heckhound (you said), dragon (you said) or a flame
Ice: the ice beetle? or a snowflake
Death: I can't think of anything here (avenging fossil?) or a skull
Life: Centaur, or a leaf
Balance: Chimera
Myth: Cyclopes!

Your friend-
Ashley Deathflame- Balance level 58 *
*at the moment

Survivor
Mar 16, 2009
I'm a fire wizard and I think it'd be awesome to be able to ride a heckhound/firecat.
For storm wizards, you could ride a leviathan or a stormzilla, maybe a storm bat
For ice wizards, you could ride maybe a Mammoth or the winged horse from Snow Angel spell
For myth wizards, you could maybe ride a basilisk or an orthrus
For life wizards, you could probably ride a centaur because they already have a unicorn mount
For death wizards, since they already have a bone dragon, you could maybe have a scarecrow, where you ride on the little bar next to the scarecrow's head
For balance wizards, since they already have a hydra mount, you could maybe have like a scarab mount, or a scorpion mount (or maybe a ra mount?)

I honestly think this is one of the best ideas I've heard of/seen and I'd love to see KI go through with it!
-The one and only, Bailey FireBringer cx

Survivor
Oct 01, 2011
Survivor
Oct 30, 2012
I was just thinking about posting the same thing! This is a great idea, I'm practically in love with Snow Angel and would love it as a mount. But so that Wizard101 may make money and Class Mounts aren't spammed, they should make them 15k crowns. Just like that shark.

Explorer
Sep 01, 2012
Survivor
Dec 19, 2010
Dear Wizard
Wow! What such wonderful ideas! You know your a better thinker than I am! I posted the new world idea about the American Revolution and everyone hates it. Your idea? Amazing! I hope you liked my post.
From Monica WyrmHeart
I your idea for the school mounts!

Historian
May 28, 2009
For storm, you can be riding a flying dark grey cloud that have occasional lightning lights in them. Your character stands on it like the magic carpet

Squire
Jul 28, 2011
Heres my idea for school mounts!!!

The could hovering in the air and leaving magic sparkles as they go. They would also be based on the school symbol. Each mount could also fit 4 wizards, and each mount moves differently.

Fire-The flame symbol could be keeping the wizards up off of it as if it were a geyser
Ice-The wizards could running on a spinning snowflake as if it were a treadmill
Myth-They could be sitting inside the myth symbol as it rotates, but the wizards don't
Storm-Wizard could be seated on a storm cloud as if it were a car
Life-They could be riding on a big leaf
Death-They could be riding the skull like a skate board
Balance-2 wizards could be sitting in each scale

Explorer
Jan 08, 2011
Oh my.
I would love to see me being carried around by Ra XD
Maybe if ra mount would be real, it would be a treant-style thing? Like two balances can ride on his shoulders?
Anyway, enough with ra.
Storm: Stormzilla mount. s.t.o.r.m.z.i.l.l.a.
Fire: Efreet mount, another Ra-or-treant-style thing
Ice: Santa! :D (By santa I mean the frost giant, yet another treant style x. x)
Life: Maybe you can ride in a leprachaun king's pot of gold? XD
Myth: Medusa or Basilisk! Althouh, wouldn't being carried around by Mrs. Medusa be dangerous?
Death: A hearse? o. o(a hearse islike a coffin on wheels, I think :P)
Balance: ra ra ra ra ra ra r-fallsdowndead-

Explorer
Dec 19, 2010
Storm- either a stormy wave or levy
Ice-Either the snow angel horse thing or a snowflake
Fire-Heckhound
Death-a skeletal horse
Life-Spinysaur
Myth-basilisk
Balance-Ra

Survivor
Jul 25, 2011
All of these ar two person mounts.
Storm: Storm Owl
Myth: Orthrus
Ice: Mammoth
Death: Avenging fossil
Life: Spinysaur
Fire: Fire dragon
Balance: Sabertooth

Explorer
Oct 07, 2011
wizardrokz on Jan 21, 2013 wrote:
Heres my idea for school mounts!!!

The could hovering in the air and leaving magic sparkles as they go. They would also be based on the school symbol. Each mount could also fit 4 wizards, and each mount moves differently.

Fire-The flame symbol could be keeping the wizards up off of it as if it were a geyser
Ice-The wizards could running on a spinning snowflake as if it were a treadmill
Myth-They could be sitting inside the myth symbol as it rotates, but the wizards don't
Storm-Wizard could be seated on a storm cloud as if it were a car
Life-They could be riding on a big leaf
Death-They could be riding the skull like a skate board
Balance-2 wizards could be sitting in each scale
lol i love the death and life ideas :D
i am soo sick of skeletal this and skeletal that! the bone dragon creeps me out!

Survivor
Jun 26, 2011
i think the storm mount should be a leviathan but a shorter version than the one in the spell because that ones huge! i really think it should be a leviathan.

Champion
Dec 01, 2011
leviathan bro on Jan 25, 2013 wrote:
i think the storm mount should be a leviathan but a shorter version than the one in the spell because that ones huge! i really think it should be a leviathan.
Yes it is huge!

Survivor
Nov 14, 2012
Shannon Skybreaker on Dec 2, 2012 wrote:
Who else out there thinks it would be cool to have mounts that you get from your school? I've been thinking of some ideas of mounts for it. Here are a couple my mind has generated:
Storm- ?
Fire- Heckhound or Dragon?
Ice- The winged horse from the spell Snow Angel?
Myth- A Basilisk or Orthrus?
Life- Centaur or Spinysaur?
Death- I would say Skeletal Dragon but that was already made, so my other thought would be the level 90 dinosaur spells whose name escapes me.
Balance- I would say Hydra, however, one is already out, I would say maybe an Chimera or a Saber Tooth.
Thank you for taking these into consideration. If you have any ideas or comments, please feel free to post. I definitely need help with the storm one.
~Shannon Skybreaker
So basically mounts based on our spells? I think that's a good idea, If everyone can wear them honestly, i wouldn't like it if they were class based only...

Armiger
Jan 11, 2012
My choices for fire are:

1 person mounts:
Phoenix, Firecat, Sunbird

2 person mounts (riding one behind the other):
Heckhound
Fire Dragon

My Death choices would be:
Vampire Bat, I like the Skeletal Horse idea, Avenging Fossil

Here's some thoughts on it:
1) We should get the mount as a quest reward
2) It would be a permanent mount
3) It would give players a 20% boost to speed
4) If a player already has, or purchases a permanent mount after they get the school mount, would get an additional 20% (total of 40%, just as if they bought it), and it would stay that way
5) As we get more quests that give us mount rewards, we would get other choices for mounts. We could change our mount as much as we wanted to, but could ONLY have one at a time. Perhaps give us a new quest once every 15-20 levels
6) We could color them how we wanted to, providing each pet maintained a school based color scheme. So death could have Greys, Black, white and blood red. Fire could have white, orange, blue, red or yellow.

just some random thoughts :)

Explorer
Feb 27, 2011
That it awesome. I think maybe they should give it out at level 100.

Explorer
Feb 27, 2011
That it awesome. I think maybe they should give it out at level 100.

Survivor
Oct 23, 2011
The level 90 death spell is called Avenging Fossil. Also, I think the Storm mount should be a Lightning bat.

Explorer
Aug 30, 2009
i was thinking
  • Fire: Fire dragon
  • Balance: Scorpion
  • Life: Spider
  • Myth: Blood bat
  • Storm: Storm beetle
  • Death: Black cat

Survivor
Dec 11, 2012
Survivor
Dec 21, 2011
I think the school mounts would be:
  • Fire: sun serpent
  • Ice: ice wyrm (would be cool if you ride it and wyrm would be sliding
  • Storm: the owl
  • Death: undead horse (bones burning with fire)
  • Life: centaur
  • Myth: obelisk
  • Balance: chimera or sabertooth

Survivor
Dec 02, 2010
Hey everyone I thought I would throw out an idea I have had for awhile now.
What do you think of having special permanent mounts for each school?
Maybe they could be kinda like the level 48, 58 and 78 school quest pets, they could be for like level 98 wizards or maybe even higher. Anyway if you have any thoughts on this please reply
Here are some ideas I had for the mounts.

Life-Centaur
Myth-Orthrus
Death-?
Ice-Mammoth
Fire-Fire dragon
Storm-Leviathon
Balance-Sabertooth tiger