Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Mana Burn

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Aug 08, 2010
I attacked a Fire Golblin from Avalon in Caer Lyon with it. He had 3 power pips. I used Mana Burn, took out his PP but he attacked me right back with Fire Colossal. Is this a bug our what?

Defender
Jun 14, 2010
No, it's not a glitch.
The pip reduction doesn't actually affect the enemy until the next round.
You cannot use this spell to cause enemies to fizzle.

Explorer
Jul 10, 2009
Yes, it's the sad downside of mana burn. People still get to attack after you use it which I find should be unacceptable. Your basically giving them a free attack at no cost to them whatsoever.

Archon
Feb 07, 2011
ProtonShock on Nov 21, 2012 wrote:
I attacked a Fire Golblin from Avalon in Caer Lyon with it. He had 3 power pips. I used Mana Burn, took out his PP but he attacked me right back with Fire Colossal. Is this a bug our what?
Mana Burn was designed for PvP and, as such, will always be broken in PvE.

If you're in first, it's a free cast for your opponent~ s/he will still be able to cast the spell, even if s/he doesn't have any pips to cast it with... It's happened to me more than once in boss fights, so I feel your pain.

If KI had intended for it to be fixed, it would have been done already.

-von
archmage sorceress & necromancer

Geographer
Feb 19, 2010
I dont agree that it was designed for PvP but von is correct this is how the spell works because once the opponent selects the spell your mana burn isnt an interrupt so their spell will still go.