Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Too Many Hoard Packs!!! = No good boss drops

AuthorMessage
Explorer
May 17, 2009
Anyone else think there are way too many packs coming out, I'm not so dissapointed because they want to introduce new items to the game in bulk, rather I don't understand why they want us to gamble so much to get them. I say gambling because we need to use crowns, which is in reality actual money, and for what a chance to get something that's kinda good? If they want to introduce new mounts, and possibly pets like that then fine, but they shouldn't be keeping us from getting important in-game items without gambling for them. There's great robes, hats, shoes, wands, etc. in those packs that many people would be happy to farm tough bosses for like we used to. So why not let some of those items be dropped by bosses, rather than say you buy or you don't have a chance of getting this. It's all gambling, no more determination, patience, and strategy for the good items like it used to be.

Explorer
Jul 10, 2009
I agree. I don't see any decent boss drops anymore. It's a shame that you have to pay to be the best.

Archon
Feb 07, 2011
The thing I like about hoard packs is that those items are not required to progress in-game. I have several sets of Crowns gear from packs that are basically collecting dust~ sure, 20% universal resist is great, but it's not worth tanking all of my other stats for. If you don't like or can't afford to spend crowns on chance-to-gets, don't buy them; those of us who support the game financially do so because we want to and can afford to do so.

My only problem with the packs is that there's no level restriction on the rather-overpowered treasure cards inside, which is really part of a bigger issue...PvP, which is the biggest cash-sink in-game. Those with money to spend on packs, Crowns gear (from the shop), and mastery amulets will become warlords, and those who don't simply can't compete; I can afford them, but it's the principle. I refuse to play into the buy-your-way trap, hence why my wizards don't PvP anymore and likely never will.

/rant.
-von

Survivor
Aug 03, 2009
Incinerater007 on Nov 20, 2012 wrote:
Anyone else think there are way too many packs coming out, I'm not so dissapointed because they want to introduce new items to the game in bulk, rather I don't understand why they want us to gamble so much to get them. I say gambling because we need to use crowns, which is in reality actual money, and for what a chance to get something that's kinda good? If they want to introduce new mounts, and possibly pets like that then fine, but they shouldn't be keeping us from getting important in-game items without gambling for them. There's great robes, hats, shoes, wands, etc. in those packs that many people would be happy to farm tough bosses for like we used to. So why not let some of those items be dropped by bosses, rather than say you buy or you don't have a chance of getting this. It's all gambling, no more determination, patience, and strategy for the good items like it used to be.
I agree. But you can buy some things in the crown shop with gold.The bosses need better drops (at lest in the higher levels).

Survivor
Dec 27, 2011
I hear you! There are way too many, and for people like me, (who don't get crowns,) it is extremely annoying when you see something good in those packs, but then realize that you can't get it since you don't have any crowns!

I would like to see Kingsisle take this onboard, but releasing new hoard packs means more business for them. For example once a new hoard pack is released, everyone is excited so they spend all their existing crowns on trying to get something good from the pack, and alas! They get more crowns which means that there is more money coming in to Kingisle!

To be honest with you, I reckon they should have (like you said) bosses dropping those items that are included in these hoard packs, as well as many more things for those who don't like to spend much money on the game.

I really do hope Kingisle takes this in mind! I'm sure it'll benefit all the players very much, which means this game will become even better than it already is!

Thank you for putting that out there!
~Maddie

Geographer
Feb 19, 2010
I understand everyones points but i love new packs and new bundles. I freak out when they come out and usually end up spending a few bucks each time but hey this is my guilty pleasure and im allowed.