Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Losing Connection/Battery Dying during match

AuthorMessage
Survivor
May 03, 2009
During several matches of mine, I have lost connection, My computer has died, Or my computer restarted. In the situation I have lost much rank and I would appreciate it if somehow I didn't lose points unless I actually fled. I don't think this is a fair way for me to lose points as a commander to a low private. Thanks.

A+ Student
Mar 02, 2010
This, sadly, has probably happened to the most of us. I know, it's not fair, but there's nothing KI can do about this except give you some tips on how to get a better connection and make sure that your drivers are updated.

Survivor
May 03, 2009
1carter on Nov 15, 2012 wrote:
During several matches of mine, I have lost connection, My computer has died, Or my computer restarted. In the situation I have lost much rank and I would appreciate it if somehow I didn't lose points unless I actually fled. I don't think this is a fair way for me to lose points as a commander to a low private. Thanks.
KI I am not trying to be rude in anyway. But do you have a solution for this?

Administrator
1carter on Nov 16, 2012 wrote:
KI I am not trying to be rude in anyway. But do you have a solution for this?
Let's look at it from the other side.
If we make it so that you don't lose anything when you disconnect from the game, what's to prevent people who are not winning in a match from just logging out or disconnecting manually to avoid losing rank? The answer is: nothing.

So, naturally, we're not going to do that. I'm sorry you keep losing connection, but that is between you and your computer, it's not on us.

community@wizard101.com
Survivor
Jun 17, 2009
Professor Greyrose on Nov 16, 2012 wrote:
Let's look at it from the other side.
If we make it so that you don't lose anything when you disconnect from the game, what's to prevent people who are not winning in a match from just logging out or disconnecting manually to avoid losing rank? The answer is: nothing.

So, naturally, we're not going to do that. I'm sorry you keep losing connection, but that is between you and your computer, it's not on us.
There is a current bug/exploit where people are doing just that. It has been posted about a few times on central in the PvP section. I have seen it myself, after the person 'poofs' off during the match, it shows that they have lost 0 points and have gained 0 tickets. After they log back in, their rank reflects that 0 point rank loss. Hopefully this is not what you have intended and will be fixed soon.

Survivor
May 03, 2009
Definitely not what I intended. I didnt even know about that glitch during this time I do now though. Its where people make thereselves lose connection and they dont lose points.