Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Housing Item Idea - Portal Point

AuthorMessage
Hero
Jul 30, 2012
Here is my idea for today:

A housing item purchased from the Crown Shop. Its a Portal Point that you can place in your house or castle. It allows people to port directly to your house even if you are not there.

Here is how it works. You purchase the item and place it in your house. You can give your Portal Point a name, similar to a Wizard or Pet name. When you invite friends to your castle and they visit you, they can see the unique looking Portal Point in your house. If they want they can add your Portal Point to their friend's list. Once added to their friend's list, they can port to your Portal Point whenever they wish, even if the owner of the house is not there. The owner of the Portal Point can access the friends list (similar to the music player) and delete 'friends' if they wish.

Why is this a good idea?

- People can transform their castle into a place people can visit -> any time! A common area for teams or like-minded wizards to gather. A great way to form communities within Wizard101.

- People will feel a stronger desire to fancy up their house. Defintely good for the Crown Shop! A good reason to purchase fancy housing items.

- A great way to expand the Wizard101 universe. Wizards can use their imagination to create fun places to visit. I can just imagine the huge lengths some people would go to to make their house a popular destination point.

Explorer
Nov 04, 2012
No how bout people get with gold ... 1500 that is

Mastermind
Oct 11, 2009
This is an awesome idea. I'd love for this to be put into the game!

Champion
Nov 22, 2008
RottenHeart on Nov 5, 2012 wrote:
Here is my idea for today:

A housing item purchased from the Crown Shop. Its a Portal Point that you can place in your house or castle. It allows people to port directly to your house even if you are not there.

Here is how it works. You purchase the item and place it in your house. You can give your Portal Point a name, similar to a Wizard or Pet name. When you invite friends to your castle and they visit you, they can see the unique looking Portal Point in your house. If they want they can add your Portal Point to their friend's list. Once added to their friend's list, they can port to your Portal Point whenever they wish, even if the owner of the house is not there. The owner of the Portal Point can access the friends list (similar to the music player) and delete 'friends' if they wish.

Why is this a good idea?

- People can transform their castle into a place people can visit -> any time! A common area for teams or like-minded wizards to gather. A great way to form communities within Wizard101.

- People will feel a stronger desire to fancy up their house. Defintely good for the Crown Shop! A good reason to purchase fancy housing items.

- A great way to expand the Wizard101 universe. Wizards can use their imagination to create fun places to visit. I can just imagine the huge lengths some people would go to to make their house a popular destination point.
How about this:
You buy the item, place it in your house, name it if you want. Then you can give people keys to the portal point, kind of like the spiral door. Thing is: if you don't have a portal point to make a two way portal they cant access it. There could also be hidden points throughout the spiral that you can get portal point keys to. If you have a friend with a portal point and ya want to bring people along with you, then from the owner you can buy a pass to the portal point that keeps the portal open to multiple people(depending on the people.) You could also ban people from using your portal point, even with a pass. Now here is where the name comes in. If someone is using a portal point frequently to enter you can say aloud: (name of your portal point) moderate incoming people from (name of portal that is frequently used.) You could also send your pets to your friends houses by typing the portal point command: (name of your portal point here) send (name of pet/person here) to (name of friend's portal). To call your pet back simply say the same message except where the word "send" is, you say "call back". That is my brilliant Idea

Survivor
Jul 26, 2011
Thats a cool idea but i would like that in gold too. Maybe 20,000 gold.