Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

PVP overhaul: rules, boot inactives, more

AuthorMessage
Astrologist
Aug 20, 2011
There are many suggestions here. I searched and found a bunch of locked threads that didn't address these points.
  • Both ranked and practice PVP duels should have advanced options for what kind of gameplay is allowed. Here are a couple of options we really need to have, now:
  • add checkbox for "No treasure cards allowed" duels; option freezes the side deck of all players
  • add checkbox for "Speed dueling" where time between rounds is 15 seconds, rather than 30
  • add checkbox for "Auto-Teleport to arena after duel"; people often have nothing nice to say after a duel, and lots of people just end up getting reported for what they say afterward, so it's better just to leave

• The PVP duel menu is currently too big and clunky, decrease the size of each duel block so that players can see up to 10 duels rather than 4.
  • If a queued player fails to click "Go to Arena" button within 1min30seconds, that player needs to be booted from queue so someone else can join and everyone else can play. It needs to be a clear message: if you don't have time to PVP, don't PVP.
  • If someone runs out of cards in a duel, that player should not be made to do a victory dance after the duel is over. It's not a win.

Astrologist
Aug 20, 2011
I have had several helpful discussions with others who don't like to spend 2-4 hours in PVP duels.

To expand on the post above,
  • Brawl mode: whoever deals the most damage in 20 rounds, without healing, and without dying, wins. Heals reset score to 0, which includes pet heals.
  • Speed mode: 10 seconds to choose moves.
  • Sandlot mode: no treasure cards allowed.

I suggest different rank badges come along with each of these, e.g., Warlord of the Brawl, Speedy Warlord, Sandlot Warlord, etc.

Defender
Mar 09, 2011
Wow, you've certainly thought this through! I agree with all of these! It's a wonderful way to finally make everything fair. You know yesterday tigress4444 and i were trying to figure out the best 2v2 stradegies for our different characters, and the one that worked best surprised me! We found out that tigress4444's character Sophia DarkFlame (level 36 and evergrowing pyromancer) and my youngest character, Autumn Rain, level 5 necromancer, (whom tigress4444 also created, so we would match. only hers is a sorceress. lol) the first time we tried it we ended up fighting journeymen, and i used the treasure card Deer Knight, 5 pips, while Sophia used Fire Dragon, 7 pips, and we won the very same round we casted those spells! However, it would be nice to make PvP more fair, so that we don't end up getting treasure~discarded out of the arena. Most of the times i've lost is when someone uses a treasure card on me. Another thing: when tigress4444 and i were done with our matches, we would go straight to the arena and create a new match. However, once it took us three hours just to get into the arena fight, and it actually took longer than that! The only reason why we didn't go when those many hours were finished was because my time on wizard101 was up! Again, if we used everything you've thought up of, then PvP would truly be fair and we could see which wizards were truly the best.

Defender
Mar 09, 2011
Astrologist
Aug 20, 2011
Just Add Bacon on Dec 23, 2012 wrote:
well that was a mouthful.
Hey, I mean lots of people have a lot to say about this topic. I wish it would be addressed in the next update.

Astrologist
Aug 20, 2011
PVP still has great potential, but I think most avenues for development have been ignored up to this point.

Illuminator
Feb 24, 2009
I agree with these, maybe a No-Pet duel also?!

No pets... perfect...

Archon
Feb 07, 2011
i like and agree with all of the above. it would certainly cut down the time required for trans/arch/promethean battles (which, as we all know, can go on for hours).

customizable pvp is a great idea. i don't mind tc use, but i do mind going up against level 5 warlords with overpowered crowns/commander gear and 65 resist to everything... that all said, if you can't beat 'em (always), join 'em.

-sergeant von
aka angela nightflame, adept pyromancer.