Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Feedback Friday 10-19-12

AuthorMessage
Administrator
Hello there Wizards! Another week has flown by quickly as a fire dragon over lava, and it's time yet again for a Feedback Friday! ::grin::

Standard disclaimer applies: We do not guarantee to use each and every idea submitted, and questions we pose may or may not be pertaining to things we are currently working on, or will ever undertake. Sometimes, there are just technical limitations that make changing things difficult to impossible, and though we possess all manner of magic wands here, there are technological beasts out there that are beyond our grasp. Sometimes, we may not feel it is within the spirit and vision of the spiral to add or change something. Also, we realize that some of these topics may have been addressed before in other threads - sometimes it's good to pick up a discussion again. Chances are I have read your threads and would like to hear more!

Let's discuss holidays in general this time! What is your favorite holiday to celebrate, be it typical, fictional, or one you just came up with? If you could wave your magic wand and make it happen, how would you celebrate it in the Spiral?

I'm a big fan of anything involving fireworks, cookouts, and hot summer days... so I'd vote somewhere along those lines... can't wait to hear from all of you Wizards out there! Have a wonderful weekend!

“If the Mind is like a candle, the Heart is like the sun.” Professor Falmea
Survivor
May 13, 2010
I'll say Christmas is my favorite holiday, especially for family get togethers and such.

Survivor
Feb 13, 2012
A Venetian Night in August with fireworks could work. Launch them over water?

Survivor
Jun 28, 2010
I think for christmas there should be specific dungeons with holiday items in them, such as the halloween towers

Delver
Feb 28, 2012
s'looF lirpA
Oh, wait! I type that backwards, it should read "April Fool's"

Illuminator
Feb 24, 2009
Wizard101 day... The day were we celebrate me- I MEAN UH ravenwood.

Survivor
Aug 22, 2009
Santa beard helm!
Santa armor/weapon set!
Rudolph the red-nosed reindeer mount and pet
Christmas Tree pet!
Ice Fortress House!
Cookout Christmas Crown Shop (In Commons or Shopping District please)
Fireworks!
New Spells
Spells
______

Christmas Reindeer 500 - 750 damage (balanceblade to all allies) 5 pips
Santa Claus (Ice Only) 1000 - 2000 damage (tower shield to all allies) 9 pips
Red-Nosed Dragon (Fire Only) 1000 damage, 2000 damage over 4 rounds 9 pips
Winter Storm (Storm Only) 1500 - 3000 damage to all enemies 9 pips
Christmas Tree (Life Only) Heals 1000 to everyone and 500 damage to all enemies 9 pips
Winter Goblin (Death Only) 5000 base damage and heals half 9 pips
Troll 'O' Winter (Myth Only) 1500 - 2,500 damage (myth blade to user) 9 pips
Winter Wheel (Balance Only) 1000 damage of Ice, Storm and Life to all enemies 9 pips

You may change the damage depending on the level this is 70 and up (Don't Nerf it too much for 40 and up)

All These Spells can have their own specific pet

Pets
____
Rudolph pet gives Santa Claus card
Red-Nosed Dragon Pet give rednosed dragon card
winter storm pet give winter storm card
christmas tree pet gives christmas tree card
winter goblin pet gives winter goblin card
Troll 'O' Winter pet gives troll 'o' winter card
winter wheel pet gives winter wheel card
snowflake pet gives christmas reindeer card

Please Wizard101, Make This happen

Hunter Skullblood Level 44 Ice Type

Survivor
May 28, 2010
My favorite holiday is Halloween, cause we have all kinds of great contests to enter and we can get to do quests from Jack Hallow and buy items from Spooky bob. I would magically give me, my son and my fiance' crowns and my daughter crowns and a yearly membership.

Explorer
Dec 28, 2010
Christmas! i love Christmas its just a really happy time with the snow falling the tree the presents. Christmas is just so joyful but its just not about presents it's about spending time with your family and friends celebrating his birthday thats why i Christmas

Survivor
Nov 27, 2011
I the pretend of Halloween!
But, I'd have to say my favorite would have to be the smells and glamour of Christmas!!

Community Leader
Halloween has always been my favorite holiday.

When else do you get to dress up as your favorite Game ;) TV/movie characters.

Adherent
Mar 12, 2010
Nov. 13, 2012 – National Kindness Day

Acts of kindness could be helping someone struggling with their shopping, giving up a seat on the bus, letting someone go in front of you in a queue, or paying for the coffee of the person behind you. It does not have to take much time or cost any money, and hopefully it will inspire the recipient to do something good as well, creating a giant ripple effect of kindness.

Everyone's idea of kindness is different. Helping an elderly person cross the road, giving someone a compliment, volunteering at a local children's charity or shelter, or distributing baked goodies in your school or workplace - it all counts.

In The Sprial – go to The Commons and offer to help someone with a difficult quest; in any Area, just for no reason, when you see someone say “Have a nice day”, or "Do you need any help?"

If you see someone being bullied or picked on, go up to that person and say something nice to them (don’t give any attention to the bully). Tell them you like their name, or their pet, or their pet’s name, or their gear, or their mount. Ask them if they want to join you on a quest, or offer to help them with a quest.

On the Message Boards, keep your responses positive and helpful. Don’t attack anyone because they have chosen to post their opinions or observations about whatever… This should be “every day”, not just National Kindness Day.

Not only will these Acts of Kindness have a “ripple effect”, they will also produce “what goes around, comes around” too. Wow. I feel good even just writing this post. See, it does work !! Try it !!

Defender
Feb 09, 2009
Amber Day, the drop rate for amber, merle's whisker and amber dust is doubled from bosses only. this holiday would be celebrated each month ending with an r, on the third thursday

Explorer
Sep 04, 2008
AluraMist2 on Oct 20, 2012 wrote:
Nov. 13, 2012 – National Kindness Day

Acts of kindness could be helping someone struggling with their shopping, giving up a seat on the bus, letting someone go in front of you in a queue, or paying for the coffee of the person behind you. It does not have to take much time or cost any money, and hopefully it will inspire the recipient to do something good as well, creating a giant ripple effect of kindness.

Everyone's idea of kindness is different. Helping an elderly person cross the road, giving someone a compliment, volunteering at a local children's charity or shelter, or distributing baked goodies in your school or workplace - it all counts.

In The Sprial – go to The Commons and offer to help someone with a difficult quest; in any Area, just for no reason, when you see someone say “Have a nice day”, or "Do you need any help?"

If you see someone being bullied or picked on, go up to that person and say something nice to them (don’t give any attention to the bully). Tell them you like their name, or their pet, or their pet’s name, or their gear, or their mount. Ask them if they want to join you on a quest, or offer to help them with a quest.

On the Message Boards, keep your responses positive and helpful. Don’t attack anyone because they have chosen to post their opinions or observations about whatever… This should be “every day”, not just National Kindness Day.

Not only will these Acts of Kindness have a “ripple effect”, they will also produce “what goes around, comes around” too. Wow. I feel good even just writing this post. See, it does work !! Try it !!
I support this Idea, how about Spirit day, or Cancer Awareness day?

How about celebrating Thanksgiving with free crowns once every year, or a free Thanksgiving like item from the crown shop.Maybe on thanksgiving, people go around and try to have you do quests, or other people help your with yours or vice visa?

Survivor
Feb 08, 2012
Geographer
Nov 26, 2011
Rony The Turtle on Oct 19, 2012 wrote:
Wizard101 day... The day were we celebrate me- I MEAN UH ravenwood.
XD Ronster. Anyways my favorite holiday is Christmas...(meh heh heh, free gifts)

Geographer
Feb 19, 2010
wal019 on Oct 19, 2012 wrote:
I think for christmas there should be specific dungeons with holiday items in them, such as the halloween towers
Agreed.

Administrator
I love the feedback, Wizards! I especially like the idea of Kindness day, Honeybee313 - the world can certainly use as much of that as we can get! ::grin::

A new topic shall be posted shortly!

“If the Mind is like a candle, the Heart is like the sun.” Professor Falmea