Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Gear Particles!

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Dec 30, 2014
I think it would be quite amazing if there were gear with school specific particles. Like death could have black sparks and skulls that are emitted from the gear. Or fire would have, obviously, fire. Balance can have sand coming from it or something. It would add a nice touch to the gear and the game!

The gear particles could be affixed to the gear, sort of like jewels, except without the stat bonuses (the only bonus would be that you look cooler). If you can affix the particles to gear, then you could make any gear look epic!

Or it could just be found on new gear, like gear in Polaris, or even implemented into the gear in Darkmoor!

As for affixing the gear, the particles could be bought in the crown shop or found in packs?

What do you guys think? Should there be stat increasing particles? How should they be obtained? What should the school particles look like? Do you like the ideas? Let me know!

Defender
Aug 30, 2014
I love the idea of emitting an aura of your school. It would certainly look epic. I think it should be attached to a certain piece of gear like the mastery amulets and not have any stat on its own. Great ideas though.

Moira Stormheart

Survivor
Jun 28, 2015
I'm pretty sure there already is gear with particles, so sorry to burst your bubble. It's a good idea though.

Defender
Aug 30, 2014
Or it could be a result of reaching a certain level. Level 150 perhaps?