Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

The option to replay worlds!

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Dec 30, 2014
Hello there, Wizards! I was recently thinking about all of the fun experiences I had in Wizard101, such as killing kroks, slaying snowmen, crushing cats, and so much more! Those experiences will be greatly missed.

Then I realized: What if we could do all of that again?

I think it would be totally amazing if we could replay worlds! For example, my favorite world was Celestia, and I miss it quite a bit. I would love to replay it, and if KingsIsle added an update so we could replay worlds, I'd be so happy.

Now I know what you're probably thinking. "We can just make new wizards..." Well to this I say, what if you're one of those people who has all exalted/prodigious wizards? You can delete a wizard, but why would you want to do that? Why would you want to waste all of that precious time? And, if you have a, lets say level 73 wizard who already completed Celestia, and a level 30 wizard who just started Marleybone. It will take quite a bit to get back to Celestia on the new wizard. Obviously not impossible, but time consuming for the most part.

For this possible future update, there could be a few options to choose from. There could be
  • the option of replaying a world of your choice from the same level you started at, not interfering with your actual game progress (and maybe if you want you can go back to your actual level and everything and go back into the replay world whenever you want)
  • the option of replaying the world at the actual level you are when you choose to replay a world, so you could see how op you are now, or just simply you can replay for the story and quickly go through fights and stuff
  • the option of replaying certain quests of a world? That would be cool, and you could be the same levels from above.

This could take a long time for KingsIsle to do, but who knows, it may be worth it. KingsIsle could even make it cost crowns to do. However, this probably isn't the smartest of decisions, because less people who do it, making the update a waste of time. Disregard that idea!

I understand that this isn't the most important possibility for an update, but its a pretty cool one. Who agrees with me? Let me know, and thanks for reading! Have a nice day!

-Teh Epic Duck

Geographer
Apr 29, 2012
The Epic Duck on Jan 30, 2016 wrote:
Hello there, Wizards! I was recently thinking about all of the fun experiences I had in Wizard101, such as killing kroks, slaying snowmen, crushing cats, and so much more! Those experiences will be greatly missed.

I think it would be totally amazing if we could replay worlds! For example, my favorite world was Celestia, and I miss it quite a bit. I would love to replay it, and if KingsIsle added an update so we could replay worlds, I'd be so happy.

Now I know what you're probably thinking. "We can just make new wizards..." Well to this I say, what if you're one of those people who has all exalted/prodigious wizards? You can delete a wizard, but why would you want to do that? Why would you want to waste all of that precious time? And, if you have a, lets say level 73 wizard who already completed Celestia, and a level 30 wizard who just started Marleybone. It will take quite a bit to get back to Celestia on the new wizard. Obviously not impossible, but time consuming for the most part.

For this possible future update, there could be a few options to choose from. There could be
  • the option of replaying a world of your choice from the same level you started at, not interfering with your actual game progress (and maybe if you want you can go back to your actual level and everything and go back into the replay world whenever you want)
  • the option of replaying the world at the actual level you are when you choose to replay a world, so you could see how op you are now, or just simply you can replay for the story and quickly go through fights and stuff
  • the option of replaying certain quests of a world? That would be cool, and you could be the same levels from above.

This could take a long time for KingsIsle to do, but who knows, it may be worth it. KingsIsle could even make it cost crowns to do. However, this probably isn't the smartest of decisions, because less people who do it, making the update a waste of time. Disregard that idea!

I understand that this isn't the most important possibility for an update, but its a pretty cool one. Who agrees with me? Let me know, and thanks for reading! Have a nice day!

-Teh Epic Duck
I have (what I think at least is) a better idea. A Clone button in the menu. You click Clone, then the wizard you want to clone, then type 'abracadabra'. EVERYTHING ON THE CLONED WIZARD WILL BE NO TRADE. Okay? Everything they already own at least, new gear could be traded. This way you could clone at the end of DS and play through CL twice.

Survivor
Jul 13, 2014
Wouldn't making a new character be easier?

Survivor
Dec 30, 2014
Blaze Sandblade on Jan 30, 2016 wrote:
I have (what I think at least is) a better idea. A Clone button in the menu. You click Clone, then the wizard you want to clone, then type 'abracadabra'. EVERYTHING ON THE CLONED WIZARD WILL BE NO TRADE. Okay? Everything they already own at least, new gear could be traded. This way you could clone at the end of DS and play through CL twice.
Yeah, that really is a better idea
Good thinking; I agree!

Astrologist
Dec 26, 2013
The Epic Duck on Jan 30, 2016 wrote:

-Teh Epic Duck
While I've enjoyed most of the worlds of the Spiral I can't say I'd be too excited to replay any of those worlds with an advanced wizard. My fear is that replays, with all of the back and forth, collection quests etc. would get tedious fairly quickly. What I do with my higher levels is take a look at the badge page in your character stat section and check for unearned badges in different worlds. You'll find that many of them have to do with defeating numbers of specific enemies. For instance, in Celestia it would be Sharks, Crabs and maybe some others. All worlds offer this type of badge and if you're a badge junkie like I am these challenges can keep you occupied for long periods of time and also allows for breaking out those dusty unused spells that have been in your spell book for so long. When I do this I load nothing but 1 and 2 pip spells to keep it interesting. If you do a little research in advance you can find out what seeds, reagents and other goodies some of these creatures might drop and you can combine working on the badge and farming at the same time.
I understand what you're saying about re-starting at your original level but I see some problems that could create. Level specific gear and spells for instance. By making a choice to replay a world at a lower level you might cause issues with gear sets, deck layouts and such that would have to be modified at the time of the choice.
Also, keep in mind that there's nothing preventing you from re-creating the story on your own. I'm certain if you do a Wiki search on the Celestia story line you'd get a quest by quest list of the story's progression along with descriptions of the individual quests. Write them down and check them off as you go and you could basically replay the entire world.

Survivor
Jul 18, 2009
I think having the ability to replay worlds would be a great idea. Instead of having the option of going back to a world (like Mooshu, for instance) and having your level reduced back to normal standards for that world, why not have a system where you can replay certain popular quests and dungeons at your current level and have the bosses and gear scale to your current level?

For instance: at level 110 there could be an option where you can defeat the Jade Oni and its health and attack power would scale to a boss appropriate for a 110 wizard to defeat. After the battle, you get gear drops that are the same as what you would get as a level 40-something but the stats will simply scale to what's appropriate for a 110. It would be a great way to relive past memories and experiences while getting a nice reward. It's also better, in my opinion, to do this instead of making a new wizard from scratch.

Honestly, in terms of reliving past quests and things, I'd love to be able to access an old version of the Bazaar when you were able to buy pets. It was so rewarding after constantly refreshing the tab to finally buy a rare or uncommon pet (back then, they were for looks and item cards only). Maybe KI could implement a "pet auction" of sorts where players can trade or sell pets so that everyone has a chance to get one with good stats.

Astrologist
Dec 26, 2013
The Firehawk on Feb 3, 2016 wrote:
I think having the ability to replay worlds would be a great idea. Instead of having the option of going back to a world (like Mooshu, for instance) and having your level reduced back to normal standards for that world, why not have a system where you can replay certain popular quests and dungeons at your current level and have the bosses and gear scale to your current level?

For instance: at level 110 there could be an option where you can defeat the Jade Oni and its health and attack power would scale to a boss appropriate for a 110 wizard to defeat. After the battle, you get gear drops that are the same as what you would get as a level 40-something but the stats will simply scale to what's appropriate for a 110. It would be a great way to relive past memories and experiences while getting a nice reward. It's also better, in my opinion, to do this instead of making a new wizard from scratch.

Honestly, in terms of reliving past quests and things, I'd love to be able to access an old version of the Bazaar when you were able to buy pets. It was so rewarding after constantly refreshing the tab to finally buy a rare or uncommon pet (back then, they were for looks and item cards only). Maybe KI could implement a "pet auction" of sorts where players can trade or sell pets so that everyone has a chance to get one with good stats.
Scaling the enemies' health and attack to level appropriate numbers would be an interesting concept but again it causes some issues. The Jade Oni, as an example... this battle is available to anyone that either currently has the quest or anyone that's already completed it. This being the case, it can be accessed through the Team-up Kiosk in Olde Towne. The problem then arises that if a lvl110 enters team up, there's nothing to keep a lvl 40 from joining at the same time. If the Oni's stats are upped to accommodate the lvl110 wizard then the lvl40 is going to be far outclassed. At best, the scalable stats would need to be limited to the lowest level combatant that joins the team-up which could become frustrating for the higher level that's there for high-level rewards. I'm sure there's a work-around for it but it just illustrates that there are far-reaching ramifications for any kind of implementation like this. I like the idea but I don't see how it could be done without a lot of tweaking.

Historian
Nov 28, 2010
TucsonWizard on Feb 3, 2016 wrote:
Scaling the enemies' health and attack to level appropriate numbers would be an interesting concept but again it causes some issues. The Jade Oni, as an example... this battle is available to anyone that either currently has the quest or anyone that's already completed it. This being the case, it can be accessed through the Team-up Kiosk in Olde Towne. The problem then arises that if a lvl110 enters team up, there's nothing to keep a lvl 40 from joining at the same time. If the Oni's stats are upped to accommodate the lvl110 wizard then the lvl40 is going to be far outclassed. At best, the scalable stats would need to be limited to the lowest level combatant that joins the team-up which could become frustrating for the higher level that's there for high-level rewards. I'm sure there's a work-around for it but it just illustrates that there are far-reaching ramifications for any kind of implementation like this. I like the idea but I don't see how it could be done without a lot of tweaking.
Instances like Winterbane and Pagoda already work on this model, where the dungeons are scaled to the lowest level wizard that enters. The mechanics already exist in the game.

If the tier was selectable like 1 shot gauntlets, maybe. But automatically scalable like Winterbane or Pagoda? Not something I'd be all that big on. Like you said eariler about going back to worlds and collecting defeats for badges. I sometimes go back to the Coven to collect ravens. I'm not doing it for the challenge, I'm doing it for the badge. And when I farm, I do it solo. I don't want these dungeons to suddenly require me to assemble a farming party.

I think of Winterbane. When I went in there with 2 wizards that were both level 100, it took me almost 5 hours to complete. When I went in with 2 level 90+ and 100+ wizards and a level 10 wizard, I did it 3 times in less than 5 hours. "But didn't you enjoy the tougher challenge at level 100?" No, I enjoyed the 10 hours I saved by doing the lower tier. I went to the mall, bought some cd's, went and saw Star Wars at the theatre, played Cards Against Humanity with some of my friends, did some fishing on W101... did lots of things with that time.

I miss the days when this game was so fast and fun that you lost track of time and didn't know how much time you spent playing the game. Now it's like, "OMG! WHEN IS THIS BATTLE EVER GOING TO END?" I'll be honest, the last thing I would want is more of that so I would definitely recommend selectable tiers if this is something that's ever going to be done.

Survivor
Jul 18, 2009
TucsonWizard on Feb 3, 2016 wrote:
Ah, it seem that I forgot to mention that the quest or instance (like the Jade Oni instance I mentioned) to be scaled to a 110's level would be exclusively for 110 wizards. There could simply be another tab on the Team-Up Kiosk for these "scaled" missions where only max levels can access and team up with each other. This way, there would be a guarantee that each member of the team going into the scaled quest will be prepared for the challenge. Also, this would prevent people from carrying in low levels or having low levels join on a whim.

It's kind of like an exclusive end-game activity for max wizards to participate in that gives wizards a new challenge. It's hard to find things to do at max level when you don't want to start over again on a new wizard or repeatedly farm the same boss (like the Rat) as your only source for the best gear.

In terms of items that could be dropped, it would be great to have a few of the items from the "elegant" or "school designed" sets to have stats appropriate for a 110 wizard. Everyone loves the school designs that dropped from bosses in Krok and Mooshu, so revisiting that concept would be great. All KI would have to do is take the same clothing models and amp up the stats. Maybe, if they wanted to, they could take these scaled events as an opportunity to create new clothing with different school designs for more variety.

Astrologist
Dec 26, 2013
High Five Ghost on Feb 4, 2016 wrote:
Instances like Winterbane and Pagoda already work on this model, where the dungeons are scaled to the lowest level wizard that enters. The mechanics already exist in the game.

If the tier was selectable like 1 shot gauntlets, maybe. But automatically scalable like Winterbane or Pagoda? Not something I'd be all that big on. Like you said eariler about going back to worlds and collecting defeats for badges. I sometimes go back to the Coven to collect ravens. I'm not doing it for the challenge, I'm doing it for the badge. And when I farm, I do it solo. I don't want these dungeons to suddenly require me to assemble a farming party.

I think of Winterbane. When I went in there with 2 wizards that were both level 100, it took me almost 5 hours to complete. When I went in with 2 level 90+ and 100+ wizards and a level 10 wizard, I did it 3 times in less than 5 hours. "But didn't you enjoy the tougher challenge at level 100?" No, I enjoyed the 10 hours I saved by doing the lower tier. I went to the mall, bought some cd's, went and saw Star Wars at the theatre, played Cards Against Humanity with some of my friends, did some fishing on W101... did lots of things with that time.

I miss the days when this game was so fast and fun that you lost track of time and didn't know how much time you spent playing the game. Now it's like, "OMG! WHEN IS THIS BATTLE EVER GOING TO END?" I'll be honest, the last thing I would want is more of that so I would definitely recommend selectable tiers if this is something that's ever going to be done.
Sounds like your approach is similar to mine. I'm all about the badges when it comes to my Prodigious Life wizard. There's nothing else to go for. Now that I've completed the main story line and all of the side quests, gardening, fishing and pet training are all that's left besides badge gathering. And when I'm involved in my farming/badging I also prefer to solo but I'll spend a lot of time helping at the kiosk as well. It's fun to join in the lower world battles with lower level wizards just as a supporting member. I often go in with nothing but Imp and Leprechaun and a bunch of heals for the team. If I happen to get a Pink Dandelion seed along the way... all the better!
That being said, while I like the idea of "second chance" scaled bosses I don't know that it's something I would do much. Times like now would be a perfect... the newest world has been completed and we're waiting for the next one. So there's probably a few months of idle time for most maxed-out players before the next world is released... the optimum time for some up-scaled boss bashing.
I thought about the scaled nature of Winterbane and how that could apply to something like this, and it could work, but there'd still be the chance that a high level will get teamed with a low level and it would pretty much defeat the purpose for the high level. I could see lots of "drop-outs" because of that but maybe not as much as you'd have in the more prolonged gauntlets like Winterbane and The Pagoda.

Survivor
Jul 18, 2009
High Five Ghost on Feb 4, 2016 wrote:

I wholeheartedly agree that the battles for Winterbane and various other gauntlets and dungeons and the like are way too long. With the idea I presented I was thinking about 1 simple battle with a boss that has health and damage scaled accordingly (but not too much) so we don't get another Rat or Malistaire and don't have to battle through another Darkmoor. A single battle with a scaled boss would be probably 10-15 minutes at longest, very short in comparison to many of the infamous bosses we farm for gear.

In Polaris, none of the boss battles took me longer than 5-10 minutes (at max) to complete. The bosses were defeated relatively quickly and without too many complications. It would probably be best to have the scaled bosses at this difficulty or slightly higher so that people can farm them easily. These battles would only be available to 110s.

Honestly, in terms of end-game content, I feel that there needs to be variety on where we can farm for the best gear. Only farming the Rat (although some argue that the gear he drops isn't up to par), bosses in Aquila, and Darkmoor gets boring and, frankly, stressful. I know that there's always gardening, pets, and fishing, but some people probably don't want to dwell in those parts of the game as the only resources for end-game content after getting frustrated with the Rat, etc. I definitely don't fancy gardening and would rather have some other thing to do that's worthwhile.