Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Making leveling pets up easier!

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jun 20, 2013
I dont know if it is just me or not but i find it very hard to level up my pet and its truly driving me insane! i have a few pets that i would really love to upgrade to my fullest but i even think its a challenge trying to get my pet to adult. I'd much rather be spending my time actually fighting and playing the game instead of sitting and running in circles to get 3 xp points out of the 500 xp i need.if i want more, i need to go spend all my money. its not fun trying to play my game to the fullest and sitting and clicking the same three buttons for an hour to be disappointing that i got a perk that only helps my pet during a derby race... i spent a whole hour for something i dont even need on a pet i spent $10 on. if other people feel the same way, id like to try to change the way pets are leveled up because i truly love the idea of pets. but not the un-need perks or how long it took for us to get that perk we cant use. id love to make a change for the better of wizard101!

Historian
Jun 19, 2010
I'm right there with you in having ways to level up pets easier; and faster too.

Pets earn experience points by feeding them pet snacks after playing games accessible in the pet pavilion. They're fun to play, and some you'll enjoy more; over other ones. Some are set to timers; others have other requirements.

You can and should, also feed your pets many things you don't want (i.e. gear, equipment, weapons, etc..). Simply pull up your equipment screen that you already use to change the gear, equipment, and weapons you use, and highlight an item you don't want, and at the bottom of this screen you'll seen a pig on a pink circle icon. When you move your mouse over this icon, and click it, this feeds your pet whatever item you have highlighted.

Just make sure you're not feeding your pets any items you want to keep. You can lock items so they can't be easily deleted or destroyed.

Since you asked how to level up pets easier, aside from continually feeding your pets things you don't want, you can speed up accessing feeding them pet snacks every time you fail any pet game without a timer.

In the dancing game, you have 5 attempts to copy a changing pattern of left, right, up, or down arrows that increase with additional arrows, each successive round. Its pretty simple if you have a decent memory, you can follow and copy the correct order; again and again. However, if you fail doing this 3 out of 5 times, the game tells you to try harder; but now you have access to feed your pet snacks, and start the game over. And if you fail this 3 times in a row, while your pet hangs it's head down in shame; you gain access to feeding snacks to your pet in 18-30 seconds.

Here's to you discovering all the many ways to train your pets easier and faster. And when you do, please share with everyone else too.

Survivor
Jun 20, 2013
Tylerwildpants on Jan 18, 2016 wrote:
I'm right there with you in having ways to level up pets easier; and faster too.

Pets earn experience points by feeding them pet snacks after playing games accessible in the pet pavilion. They're fun to play, and some you'll enjoy more; over other ones. Some are set to timers; others have other requirements.

You can and should, also feed your pets many things you don't want (i.e. gear, equipment, weapons, etc..). Simply pull up your equipment screen that you already use to change the gear, equipment, and weapons you use, and highlight an item you don't want, and at the bottom of this screen you'll seen a pig on a pink circle icon. When you move your mouse over this icon, and click it, this feeds your pet whatever item you have highlighted.

Just make sure you're not feeding your pets any items you want to keep. You can lock items so they can't be easily deleted or destroyed.

Since you asked how to level up pets easier, aside from continually feeding your pets things you don't want, you can speed up accessing feeding them pet snacks every time you fail any pet game without a timer.

In the dancing game, you have 5 attempts to copy a changing pattern of left, right, up, or down arrows that increase with additional arrows, each successive round. Its pretty simple if you have a decent memory, you can follow and copy the correct order; again and again. However, if you fail doing this 3 out of 5 times, the game tells you to try harder; but now you have access to feed your pet snacks, and start the game over. And if you fail this 3 times in a row, while your pet hangs it's head down in shame; you gain access to feeding snacks to your pet in 18-30 seconds.

Here's to you discovering all the many ways to train your pets easier and faster. And when you do, please share with everyone else too.
yes, i understand that and i do go to the dancing game almost every time i play wizard101 and i feed my pet snacks and other objects i dont use. when i feed my pet objects, it usually gives me 7 coins and i really would rather earn xp insted of those 7 little coins that dont really help me much in the game. its still takes a lot of my time to sit and click the buttons to play the game and earn almost no xp when the demand for it is much larger to level up my pet. i only earn 3 xp when i need 500 xp to earn a card that only helps my pet! i dont really care how much strength or agility because it takes up one of my five chances to help me while battling or actually playing the game. the only thing i wish would change about the way pets earn xp is

1.)we could get more xp out of a snack i just spent 1200 gold on

2.)let us earn more xp at mini games because they take forever
3.)make the mini games shorter
4.)get rid of the perks that no one will actually use (the ones that only help the pet, not the player)

im not saying that i wish all of these would happen because it would make it way to easy to level up our pets but i think 1 or 2 of them should be true. this is just my opinion but im pretty sure a lot of people would feel the same way.

Historian
Jun 19, 2010
candykelly1200 on Jan 19, 2016 wrote:
yes, i understand that and i do go to the dancing game almost every time i play wizard101 and i feed my pet snacks and other objects i dont use. when i feed my pet objects, it usually gives me 7 coins and i really would rather earn xp insted of those 7 little coins that dont really help me much in the game. its still takes a lot of my time to sit and click the buttons to play the game and earn almost no xp when the demand for it is much larger to level up my pet. i only earn 3 xp when i need 500 xp to earn a card that only helps my pet! i dont really care how much strength or agility because it takes up one of my five chances to help me while battling or actually playing the game. the only thing i wish would change about the way pets earn xp is

1.)we could get more xp out of a snack i just spent 1200 gold on

2.)let us earn more xp at mini games because they take forever
3.)make the mini games shorter
4.)get rid of the perks that no one will actually use (the ones that only help the pet, not the player)

im not saying that i wish all of these would happen because it would make it way to easy to level up our pets but i think 1 or 2 of them should be true. this is just my opinion but im pretty sure a lot of people would feel the same way.
lol, you now what your response sounds like...

...there was this very funny stand up comedian, I can't remember his name, but he was joking about how fast everyone wants everything these days, and he mimicked placing something in an imaginary microwave, for 30 seconds, and then it dinged, and he exclaiming "Wha!?! I have to turn it over; and do this again for another 30 seconds!?!"

I think its fair to say many of us would like the fastest past to leveling and training our pets; but if you already use the fastest, available way, you're already light years ahead of the mass of folks out there.

So the only thing I can recommend is now you hire a man servant to click the button repeatedly for you, while your other servant feeds you peeled grapes!

This also reminds of another guy I met who always complained about never having enough stuff; and then one day he actually went acquired EVERYTHING on the planet; and then spent the rest of the time complaining he had nowhere to store it all!

I'm not poking direct or indirect fun at you; I just want faster ways to train and level pets too.

Survivor
Jun 20, 2013
Tylerwildpants on Jan 20, 2016 wrote:
lol, you now what your response sounds like...

...there was this very funny stand up comedian, I can't remember his name, but he was joking about how fast everyone wants everything these days, and he mimicked placing something in an imaginary microwave, for 30 seconds, and then it dinged, and he exclaiming "Wha!?! I have to turn it over; and do this again for another 30 seconds!?!"

I think its fair to say many of us would like the fastest past to leveling and training our pets; but if you already use the fastest, available way, you're already light years ahead of the mass of folks out there.

So the only thing I can recommend is now you hire a man servant to click the button repeatedly for you, while your other servant feeds you peeled grapes!

This also reminds of another guy I met who always complained about never having enough stuff; and then one day he actually went acquired EVERYTHING on the planet; and then spent the rest of the time complaining he had nowhere to store it all!

I'm not poking direct or indirect fun at you; I just want faster ways to train and level pets too.
okay, all of that wasn't necessary, no need to be harsh

Survivor
Feb 19, 2013
candykelly1200 on Jan 23, 2016 wrote:
He should be that harsh because you have no clue (or haven't played the game for that long) about what you're talking about when it comes to pets and pet training. You should take my advice, make a farm of plants that grow snacks, or maybe just watch a video or two to help you level up your pet. A good majority of us have an easy time training our pets because we have farms that grow plants that give snacks with +50 pet xp. I'm sorry if this came across as rude, but if they made pet training easier, that would make the game too easy.

Defender
Sep 15, 2013
There is a way. It's called Crowns and Mega Snack Packs.

Historian
Jun 19, 2010
candykelly1200 on Jan 23, 2016 wrote:
I completely support you; and want to level up pets faster too. It was never my intention to be harsh. It was a poor attempt at humor, and a sarcastic response; typed in a shared frustration.

I've gotten many pets up to mega and beyond, and I regularly help other players by hatching my best pets with them. This dramatically cuts down the required time for them to bring their pets the most wanted talents.

And like you, I also believe the current process feels like a complete grind to level pets; even with finding ways to get through games as fast as possible (i.e. repeatedly failing at the dancing game to access pet snacks quicker).

In Pirates 101, you can send your companions off to do different tasks. Along the way you earn training points you can use to level them up. I understand companions are not pets. I just wish KI could find a way to incorporate the best W101 and P101 features and functions into each game whenever possible.

Here's to everyone being able to level up their pets the fastest ways possible; or something better!

Mastermind
Mar 01, 2015
candykelly1200 on Jan 18, 2016 wrote:
I dont know if it is just me or not but i find it very hard to level up my pet and its truly driving me insane! i have a few pets that i would really love to upgrade to my fullest but i even think its a challenge trying to get my pet to adult. I'd much rather be spending my time actually fighting and playing the game instead of sitting and running in circles to get 3 xp points out of the 500 xp i need.if i want more, i need to go spend all my money. its not fun trying to play my game to the fullest and sitting and clicking the same three buttons for an hour to be disappointing that i got a perk that only helps my pet during a derby race... i spent a whole hour for something i dont even need on a pet i spent $10 on. if other people feel the same way, id like to try to change the way pets are leveled up because i truly love the idea of pets. but not the un-need perks or how long it took for us to get that perk we cant use. id love to make a change for the better of wizard101!
yeah i agree that leveling pets up is really hard. I just (barely) made my pet level up to ancient and now i have to get my pet up to 1000 points until the next pet level.Im not sure if i have enough pet snacks for this lol.I do have some really powerful pet snacks but leveling pets up does need to be faster.

Astrologist
Dec 26, 2013
Tylerwildpants on Jan 24, 2016 wrote:
I completely support you; and want to level up pets faster too. It was never my intention to be harsh. It was a poor attempt at humor, and a sarcastic response; typed in a shared frustration.

I've gotten many pets up to mega and beyond, and I regularly help other players by hatching my best pets with them. This dramatically cuts down the required time for them to bring their pets the most wanted talents.

And like you, I also believe the current process feels like a complete grind to level pets; even with finding ways to get through games as fast as possible (i.e. repeatedly failing at the dancing game to access pet snacks quicker).

In Pirates 101, you can send your companions off to do different tasks. Along the way you earn training points you can use to level them up. I understand companions are not pets. I just wish KI could find a way to incorporate the best W101 and P101 features and functions into each game whenever possible.

Here's to everyone being able to level up their pets the fastest ways possible; or something better!
I actually got a huge kick out of your first response and I think you pretty much nailed it. I don't think there's ever been a group of people more in a hurry than Wizard 101 players. Everyone wants everything right now! Immediate gratification. Work for something...what's up with that? I don't have time to work for anything... I have things to do. Well here's a bulletin Sparky... if you're so busy you can't train a pet then you don't deserve a pet. Take a walk through the Pet Pavilion and notice the Mega-level pets... every one of the folks with those pets WORKED to get them where they are. Some of them are second, third or fourth generation pets that have been groomed to have the talents and abilities they have. That's the whole purpose of "training". I have no doubt that there are many people who would love to have their pet spring from the egg fully grown, fully trained, with all of the perfect talents. And they'd go on their merry way never knowing the satisfaction you feel when you train your pet to the next level and get a desired talent the "normal" way. Maybe I'm just old school but I get a huge sense of accomplishment when I do something for myself and not have it just handed to me. Building the "perfect" pet is not easy and I have nothing but the greatest respect and admiration for the people that have put in the time, effort and research that's required to manifest the talents you want. And I guess the way I look at it... if they can do it, so can everyone else. If there ever comes a day when "assembly line" pets are available it will be a sad day indeed.
Pardon me ... my assistant has finished peeling my grape and I need to click the mouse button... How exhausting!

Historian
Jun 19, 2010
I actually met a person who's Godson only eats peeled grapes!

And in a mission last night, a person commented about how uber another wizard and my pet was.

So I told them the secret to getting uber pets is easy...

...I said feed pets anything and everything you don't want, and train them up to adult. Then hatch with pets that have talents you want, then speed train (via failing the dancing game again and again) so you can access feeding pets mega snacks fast; then garden (i.e. prickly bear cactus, evil magma peas, etc...) and farm bosses and dungeons (I.e. Mirror Lake in Zafaria) for more mega snacks; then rinse and repeat until you end up with the pet you want. And if you like any of my pets, I'm happy to hatch with you.

This person said it sounds like too much work. I could only reply, "not to anyone that wants, and ends up with an uber pet."

I think KI should make an entitled version of W101 for folks who want an easier, everything given to you on a platter game. You don't even have to click anything. Just stare at the screen, and your wizard is instantly transformed into the most powerful wizard, with the most uber pet, and most insane gear, equipment and spells; and then dies seconds later.

Oh, but to experience this wizard's journey; click here to discover this yourself (link takes you back to normal W101).

Or, if this sounds like too much work, click here to replay creating the most powerful wizard, with the most uber pet, and most insane gear...

No one is being harsh when they tell you what you want to achieve takes time and work. Not everyone likes, or wants to hear this. And no matter how many ways this is said nice, humorous, or harsh; its still the way things are.

But thankfully, you always have the choice to do something about it; or not. So here's to everyone gettting all the uber pets they want; or something better!

Astrologist
Dec 26, 2013
Tylerwildpants on Jan 25, 2016 wrote:
I actually met a person who's Godson only eats peeled grapes!

And in a mission last night, a person commented about how uber another wizard and my pet was.

So I told them the secret to getting uber pets is easy...

...I said feed pets anything and everything you don't want, and train them up to adult. Then hatch with pets that have talents you want, then speed train (via failing the dancing game again and again) so you can access feeding pets mega snacks fast; then garden (i.e. prickly bear cactus, evil magma peas, etc...) and farm bosses and dungeons (I.e. Mirror Lake in Zafaria) for more mega snacks; then rinse and repeat until you end up with the pet you want. And if you like any of my pets, I'm happy to hatch with you.

This person said it sounds like too much work. I could only reply, "not to anyone that wants, and ends up with an uber pet."

I think KI should make an entitled version of W101 for folks who want an easier, everything given to you on a platter game. You don't even have to click anything. Just stare at the screen, and your wizard is instantly transformed into the most powerful wizard, with the most uber pet, and most insane gear, equipment and spells; and then dies seconds later.

Oh, but to experience this wizard's journey; click here to discover this yourself (link takes you back to normal W101).

Or, if this sounds like too much work, click here to replay creating the most powerful wizard, with the most uber pet, and most insane gear...

No one is being harsh when they tell you what you want to achieve takes time and work. Not everyone likes, or wants to hear this. And no matter how many ways this is said nice, humorous, or harsh; its still the way things are.

But thankfully, you always have the choice to do something about it; or not. So here's to everyone gettting all the uber pets they want; or something better!
Your "entitled" version seems like way to much effort for me... I mean, you'd probably have to actually click something to open the program right? My index finger is getting tired just thinking about it! And then I'd have to stare at the screen? Staring at the screen can take so long and I have things to do. Where's that assistant with my next grape?
(Note to self... hire another assistant to help me move my jaw during the chewing process... grapes can be tough sometimes)

Survivor
Dec 27, 2009
YaManTeka on Jan 24, 2016 wrote:
He should be that harsh because you have no clue (or haven't played the game for that long) about what you're talking about when it comes to pets and pet training. You should take my advice, make a farm of plants that grow snacks, or maybe just watch a video or two to help you level up your pet. A good majority of us have an easy time training our pets because we have farms that grow plants that give snacks with +50 pet xp. I'm sorry if this came across as rude, but if they made pet training easier, that would make the game too easy.
What plants grow snacks?

Historian
Jun 19, 2010
TucsonWizard on Jan 26, 2016 wrote:
Your "entitled" version seems like way to much effort for me... I mean, you'd probably have to actually click something to open the program right? My index finger is getting tired just thinking about it! And then I'd have to stare at the screen? Staring at the screen can take so long and I have things to do. Where's that assistant with my next grape?
(Note to self... hire another assistant to help me move my jaw during the chewing process... grapes can be tough sometimes)
Whew, all this typing back and forth has exhausted me; and now I'm too tired to actually play W101.

(Note to self... hire a third assistant to massage and rub my fingers from being so sore from all this typing, and fourth assistant to drive the other three assistants to and from the spa on their off day) :P

Survivor
Jul 19, 2013
Tylerwildpants on Jan 26, 2016 wrote:
Whew, all this typing back and forth has exhausted me; and now I'm too tired to actually play W101.

(Note to self... hire a third assistant to massage and rub my fingers from being so sore from all this typing, and fourth assistant to drive the other three assistants to and from the spa on their off day) :P
You may want hire a fifth assistant to hire all the other assistants you may want. Then he would hire a doctor assistant to put you in a medical coma. There you could relax and rejuvenate your tired hand muscles from the rough and tumble act of pressing tiny buttons over and over. You could let your eyes heal from the strain of looking at a screen. Then you would hire (who am I kidding? Your assistant would hire) a master chef to inject liquid banquets into your mouth so you would never have to chew. Meanwhile another assistant would be leveling your character while another amassed a fortune so you (Or should I say your assistants) could bribe KI to make the pet system faster. Then when you came out of your coma, you would be relaxed and have millions of crowns, all your characters fully leveled, and a mass of ultra pets...

I might just do that myself... If I was a millionaire!

Candykelly- I can defiantly relate to you. I have found switching around games can keep the grind less tedious. Try out Grub Gaurdian! I leveled my brother's Enchanted Armerment to Epic in a day without it being extremely boring! (The novelty ) Anyways, best of luck! :)

-Rebecca Ashhunter

Astrologist
Dec 26, 2013
Tylerwildpants on Jan 26, 2016 wrote:

I have transitioned to a voice recognition text system to allow my sore tired fingers to recuperate. There is one drawback... I must now speak aloud in order for my thoughts to be conveyed to other cognizant life forms... (sending assistant for throat lozenges as this promises to be quite the ordeal... why do they have to take so long to dissolve?!... don't they know I'm busy?)

Survivor
Nov 14, 2015
Have you tried the dance game?.
I believe its the fastes way to level your pet up, you should also farm winterbane for mega snacks.
You can also try feeding your pet the equipment you don't need.
-hope I helped-
-BlazeLifeThief-

Survivor
Feb 19, 2013
Tyler Skyspear on Jan 26, 2016 wrote:
What plants grow snacks?
Evil Magma Peas and Couch Potatoes both give mega snacks at elder harvest, and Prickly Bear Cactus gives snacks at each harvest

Survivor
Feb 06, 2015
I feel your pain I'm not joking it takes FOREVER! I know that you can buy snacks with gold and stuff but it ain't cheap. I recommend making a HUGE farm on.the plant bundle castle or the Red Farm Barn castle it is worth the wait trust me!

Enjoy the winter while it lasts Ice wizards

-JasonFrostBreeze Lv 46-47 Ice wizard

Survivor
Feb 07, 2015
Tylerwildpants on Jan 24, 2016 wrote:

That would be terrible to merge the games!

Survivor
Feb 07, 2015
Jeremy Firestaff on Jan 24, 2016 wrote:
There is a way. It's called Crowns and Mega Snack Packs.
Lots of people don't have crowns.

Survivor
Feb 07, 2015
sruben451 on Jan 27, 2016 wrote:
Have you tried the dance game?.
I believe its the fastes way to level your pet up, you should also farm winterbane for mega snacks.
You can also try feeding your pet the equipment you don't need.
-hope I helped-
-BlazeLifeThief-
That is the best idea EVER!

Survivor
Feb 07, 2015
YaManTeka on Jan 24, 2016 wrote:
Some computers, like my friend's, won't ley you watch videos.

Survivor
Mar 09, 2013
well let me start with this,i have the same problem and i want to level up queen lucky(my mythic beast)faster.however i have found the soulution to this problem.try to get lots of prickly cactus bear plants and enought soil or pot/enchanted soil for it.after that be a good farming rank and start devoting time to the plants.when you harvest, there is a chance for pet snacks or even mega pet snacks to be harvested.mega pet snacks are the fastest way to level up your pet,maybe a regular pet snack will have a high rank.i would say to go do the cannon game where the fox knight is standing and keep doing fort for pet exp.i hope this trick serves you well and has your pet to mega in no time.