Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Drop rates in Tartarus too low?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Feb 10, 2010
I've done Tartarus at least 50 times (I didn't actually count xD) now and haven't gotten the actual Hades gear. I got the offensive gear but I never got the updated Waterworks gear.
My cousin and I had always done it together and our luck is horrible xD. We also tried cheats that would cause Hades to respawn and still no luck. It's sad to say that I still use the Waterworks gear at level 97 lol.
Even though jewel socketing help my stats improve but I would love to at least get one gear from the Hades death set. I only got the wand and the offensive set

I was thinking of farming Tartarus soon so if any level 90 wizard would like to join me, just reply to this thread.

~~Nicole ShadowDreamer

Champion
Jan 25, 2015
I understand your problem, because i've done tart about as many times as you probably and i've only gotten the robe. I agree about the drop rate needing to be increased

Mastermind
Apr 13, 2011
E Kim on Jan 11, 2016 wrote:
I've done Tartarus at least 50 times (I didn't actually count xD) now and haven't gotten the actual Hades gear. I got the offensive gear but I never got the updated Waterworks gear.
My cousin and I had always done it together and our luck is horrible xD. We also tried cheats that would cause Hades to respawn and still no luck. It's sad to say that I still use the Waterworks gear at level 97 lol.
Even though jewel socketing help my stats improve but I would love to at least get one gear from the Hades death set. I only got the wand and the offensive set

I was thinking of farming Tartarus soon so if any level 90 wizard would like to join me, just reply to this thread.

~~Nicole ShadowDreamer
Tartarus gear isn't worth it wait until darkmoore.

Survivor
Feb 10, 2010
the awesome pyroma... on Jan 12, 2016 wrote:
Tartarus gear isn't worth it wait until darkmoore.
Ok, thanks

Mastermind
Apr 13, 2011
E Kim on Jan 12, 2016 wrote:
Ok, thanks
It's just that with a 10 level difference and a huge increase in stats between gear Tartarus just isn't worth the trouble it is except for the impossible to obtain amulet of divine influence and Cronus' blade of the felled Titan so Hades should be skipped in favor of the top tier malistaire gear. Besides with Hades gear you become a glass cannon. All damage, no defense. Top tier malistaire gear makes all your stats rise evenly.