Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

If You Are on the Quest for Fossils

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Sep 07, 2015
if you are going through crafting then you know the pain of getting fossils to complete the legendary quest. I also struggled quite a bit until i found a more effective method the best way to do it is to get transmute fossil from Balthazar Dragonthorn, he is the Dragonspyre NPC for crafting, it will transmute 1 fossil for 15 stone blocks. The other part of this is finding an area where you can get a lot of stone blocks, i have so far found 2 areas that work great for me, the Atheneum in Dragonspyre, and Khonda desert in Khrysalis. Obviously khrysalis is a ways away, but if you can find a friend willing to take you i honestly prefer it over the Atheneum. To be able to make the most of these areas you may have to farm every realm, by the time you finish every one the first realm will have respwaned and you can do it again. Farming stone blocks really is the most effective way of gathering fossils, not just because of the transmute spell, but because fossils are a rare drop from stone block. Please if you guys have any questions or concerns let me know and i will do my best to answer. Happy Crafting!

From your fellow wizarding student, Scarlet Dragonheart

Explorer
Dec 12, 2015
Beware The Flame on Jan 7, 2016 wrote:
if you are going through crafting then you know the pain of getting fossils to complete the legendary quest. I also struggled quite a bit until i found a more effective method the best way to do it is to get transmute fossil from Balthazar Dragonthorn, he is the Dragonspyre NPC for crafting, it will transmute 1 fossil for 15 stone blocks. The other part of this is finding an area where you can get a lot of stone blocks, i have so far found 2 areas that work great for me, the Atheneum in Dragonspyre, and Khonda desert in Khrysalis. Obviously khrysalis is a ways away, but if you can find a friend willing to take you i honestly prefer it over the Atheneum. To be able to make the most of these areas you may have to farm every realm, by the time you finish every one the first realm will have respwaned and you can do it again. Farming stone blocks really is the most effective way of gathering fossils, not just because of the transmute spell, but because fossils are a rare drop from stone block. Please if you guys have any questions or concerns let me know and i will do my best to answer. Happy Crafting!

From your fellow wizarding student, Scarlet Dragonheart
I might as well ruin this spot now but if you are good at silver chests, there's a spawn of one silver chest per realm in the last wood, khrysalis, that can give a fossil and many other rare reagents. The location is past the teleporter by the fire weaver mobs. I feel like this is much more efficient since you can get at least one fossil per minute.