Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Can't reinstall Launcher on new computer.

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Nov 18, 2009
I got myself a nice brand new Windows 10 computer for Christmas.

Unfortunately, I accidentally deleted the launcher/exe thanks to my PC security. So I tried downloading it again, and... I get the InstallShield loading line for a few seconds, before it stops and I get a message that says "Unable to launch game. Please download the Wizard101 installer again."

Uhh... help? Please?

Also, I think my game's glitching out because the other players are (usually) invisible and all I see are their pets.

Administrator
Hello,

To download Wizard101, log in to Wizard101.com the website. Click the Play button above your name, you'll be taken to a page where you can re-download the game. Alternately, you can re-download the game from this link: https://www.wizard101.com/downloadGame/OtherDownload

community@wizard101.com
Survivor
Nov 18, 2009
I know HOW to download the launcher, Mrs.Greyrose. I'm not new here, I've been here since November 2009. The Play button is how I got to it in the first place. I tried your other link, same result and same message.

The problem is not that I can't find it, the problem is that I can't get the download to work because of that message popping up.

Also, you never answered me about the glitchyness where the other players are entirely invisible (not even names show up) and it only shows their pets.

Administrator
Hello,

Are you or are you not able to log in and play the game? I took from your first message that you were unable to enter the game because it needed to be installed.

If you are able to log in to the game and are asking about other players or pets not appearing, this probably just means that they need to load.

community@wizard101.com
Survivor
Jun 26, 2010
For some reason all but two people disappeared I'm pretty sure its not lag but I want to know how to get them back

Adherent
Mar 18, 2009
Kestrel Stormcloud on Jan 7, 2016 wrote:
I know HOW to download the launcher, Mrs.Greyrose. I'm not new here, I've been here since November 2009. The Play button is how I got to it in the first place. I tried your other link, same result and same message.

The problem is not that I can't find it, the problem is that I can't get the download to work because of that message popping up.

Also, you never answered me about the glitchyness where the other players are entirely invisible (not even names show up) and it only shows their pets.
Sounds similar to the issue I had a while back.

https://www.wizard101.com/forum/halstons-laboratory/cannot-install-wizard101-8ad6a419516722fb01517380cf5736ae

I eventually copied the critical game files from the install on a different computer over to the other computer, then letting the patcher update the rest of the files. I stopped messing with the installer on the KI website altogether.

Not sure if you have access to another computer with some of base files, but you might try that. Is there a roll back or system restore option for you to possibly reclaim the files deleted?

Survivor
Nov 18, 2009
I DO have my old laptop, but... the reason I wanted to get the new laptop in the first place is because my old one had started dying on me. It was bluescreening REALLY bad! Like, multiple times a day to the point of annoyance. I GUESS I could try copying the files from there into Dropbox (which is VERY handy!).

If there is a way to rollback or system restore, I don't know how to access it yet. I'm very new to Windows 10, my other laptop is a Windows 7.