Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Drop rates are too low.

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Mar 16, 2015
Kingsisle please, please, increase the drop rates on Malistare gear items. I have been farming for two months on my Ice for the Malistare set. All I have gotten since is the boots. That's it. I still need the wand, robe, and hood. How are we suppose to progress in terms of power and strength when we can't even get the items necessary to do so? I'm getting really frustrated and annoyed. If you're going to make the items difficult to get, can you at least make it to where we can just fight Malistare? And not the other two bosses?

Geographer
Nov 22, 2010
OfficerBlu on Dec 31, 2015 wrote:
Kingsisle please, please, increase the drop rates on Malistare gear items. I have been farming for two months on my Ice for the Malistare set. All I have gotten since is the boots. That's it. I still need the wand, robe, and hood. How are we suppose to progress in terms of power and strength when we can't even get the items necessary to do so? I'm getting really frustrated and annoyed. If you're going to make the items difficult to get, can you at least make it to where we can just fight Malistare? And not the other two bosses?
Polaris isn't that hard for an exalted wizard, and most of the bosses drop gear that is as good, if not a bit better than the hat and robe and boots. Not quite as good as the wand because of the shadow pip boost on it.

You don't need Malistair gear. Go farm the Polaris bosses and put some decent gems on what you get.

Survivor
Jan 29, 2014
crystalwizard12345... on Jan 2, 2016 wrote:
Polaris isn't that hard for an exalted wizard, and most of the bosses drop gear that is as good, if not a bit better than the hat and robe and boots. Not quite as good as the wand because of the shadow pip boost on it.

You don't need Malistair gear. Go farm the Polaris bosses and put some decent gems on what you get.
well they also need to increase the spell drop rate in loremaster. I know it super rare but i'm tired of getting tc and decks i cannot even use. i dont want to waste the rest of my member ship doing battle all the time. and crafting them will be challanging for me like i said i dont want to waste the rest of my membership and its too expensive for me.

lvl 70 wizard Rachel Day

Historian
Jun 19, 2010
Sure drop rates can be better; but they are what they are.

Now is two month too long attempting to collect all the gear with nothing to show!?!
Definitely for the OP; and most likely, for lots of other folks too.

And while Loremaster's Dungeon is completely different; all of her spell drops are rare.

I remember I starting farming her dungeon for the deer knight spell drop. One day turned into two, then a month passed into the next, and the first year became year three; and still no deer knight spell drop.

In the end, I just crafted the spell. But along the way, I met really cool, fun players, learned how to play better, while also obtaining all of her other spells as drops; or by crafting them.

So is two month or three years too long; you bet. But sometimes, the journey along the ways takes on a greater significance and meaning.

Here's to everyone obtaining all they seek in Wizard 101!

Survivor
Jun 23, 2014
loserurs on Jan 3, 2016 wrote:
well they also need to increase the spell drop rate in loremaster. I know it super rare but i'm tired of getting tc and decks i cannot even use. i dont want to waste the rest of my member ship doing battle all the time. and crafting them will be challanging for me like i said i dont want to waste the rest of my membership and its too expensive for me.

lvl 70 wizard Rachel Day
lol this is so funny people think I have good luck I got all loremaster spells with in 25 tries and I got a morganthe jewel spell on my first try with a jewel life pack

Illuminator
Oct 22, 2011
I agree that drops need to increase. Not everyone wants to spend months or even years getting the gear they need for continuing the story line. As a matter-of-fact, drops need to increase in all dungeons.

Illuminator
Oct 22, 2011
crystalwizard12345... on Jan 2, 2016 wrote:

Not all exalted wizards might have your stats or your gear, so please don't tell someone that it's not that hard.

Polaris does not drop good gear (Boss or mob). Period. What's dropped doesn't even come close to what you need to make it through. There's no crafting anything equivalent, either, so those with crafted gear are stuck with 90's stuff that is inadequate at this point.

Sure, most people will quest okay with the gear they have until they get to Rasputin. That's when you need the top of the line to make it through.

Gems? What gems? I haven't seen ANY gem drops in Polaris. The gem drops in Khrysalis are few and far between now, since KI obviously reduced those drop rates since putting out the crown jewel packs. And, what does drop is garbage anyway (aka: defense/damage). It is extremely rare now to get any decent gem drops.

Astrologist
Dec 26, 2013
The truth is, there's no gear that's an "absolute must have" in order to progress in the game. Sure, better gear makes it easier but it's not impossible without it. And the drop rates are fine where they are now, where they always have been, for everyone else who's ever played this game. The fact is, if you're able to continually farm Malistaire for gear then, except for few scattered instances, you're going to find Polaris to be a cake walk until the end.

Defender
Apr 05, 2013
When you say you have been farming for 2 months, what exactly do you mean? It depends on how much you play, if you play a lot and still no drop after 2 months, I understand your frustration. But, the drop rates are actually not too shabby. So is this merely an over exaggeration or do you just not play that much? They even added a second chance chest, AND they nerfed it a bit, I don't really think they should do much more there.

Survivor
Jan 16, 2012
Sarah Waterbreeze on Jan 9, 2016 wrote:
When you say you have been farming for 2 months, what exactly do you mean? It depends on how much you play, if you play a lot and still no drop after 2 months, I understand your frustration. But, the drop rates are actually not too shabby. So is this merely an over exaggeration or do you just not play that much? They even added a second chance chest, AND they nerfed it a bit, I don't really think they should do much more there.
Having be nerfed, they had to lower drop rates as in any game. Making it easier they will need to lower drop rates a bit. But being in this game they added a second chance chest, also more than likely lowering the drop rates yet again. The drops are not too bad if you can farm 8-12 hours a day over a coarse of a week. But if you can only play for 4~ hours a day, enough for 2 regular runs with randoms, or 6-8 runs speed running with friends that know what they are doing, and have a good plan. I agree the drop rates are low, and should be like 15% chance for hat and boots, and 12% for robe, and 10% for staff. That would be AMAZING. But having being nerfed and a chest added, I understand lowering the drop rates.

Survivor
May 21, 2011
Drop rates are ridiculous for most places and really discouraging. I know they want people to keep paying to keep farming these bosses, but come on. The fact that there is absolutely zero control over the exceedingly low drop rate probably puts a lot of people off and causes them to give up rather than keep at it. I know I would feel a lot better about attempting to obtain top level gear if there was some system in place that would assure me that at some point I would actually get what I wanted. Like I've seen suggested a few times here and there over the years, I would love if they put some sort of system in place where all the top gear was craftable, but only with a bunch of reagents that you could only obtain from running the specific instance where a piece of gear is dropped. Each time you completed the instance you'd get that itty bitty chance of getting the drop as normal, but you'd also be guaranteed one reagent that you'd need to craft a piece of gear. Even if they made each top piece require like 50-75 or so of the instance only reagent I'd still feel good about plowing away at farming because there would be an end in sight. Either I'd get lucky and get my gear relatively quickly OR after no more than x amount of runs (maybe 50-75) I'd be guaranteed to have enough of the special reagent to craft a piece. As it is now, I really don't even want to try to farm something like Malistare due to the difficulty of the dungeon, and of forming a team, AND the fact that I could potentially be at it for years and still not have what I went in for.

My bottom line: I don't ever want to feel like I'm spinning my wheels. I want to know and see that I'm making progress towards a goal.