Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

The Schools

AuthorMessage
Explorer
Nov 11, 2012
I feel like Myth is a little under-powered. We don't do much damage and don't heal. We don't have anything special like how Fire and Storm do a lot of damage and Life is great at healing. I just feel like all schools should be equal and I think that right now its more like the top three are Fire, Storm, and Life, and the bottom three are Ice, Death, and Myth.

Archon
Oct 24, 2010
Sabrina Winterclou... on Dec 27, 2015 wrote:
I feel like Myth is a little under-powered. We don't do much damage and don't heal. We don't have anything special like how Fire and Storm do a lot of damage and Life is great at healing. I just feel like all schools should be equal and I think that right now its more like the top three are Fire, Storm, and Life, and the bottom three are Ice, Death, and Myth.
All schools are equal if played the way they are meant to be played.
Death is hardly a bottom school as it's easily soloed. Ice isn't a bottom school either since they have huge health advantage and when using Life as a secondary for healing only, are pretty much unstoppable. I have soloed on all schools, and the only one I really struggle with is Balance, which you left out completely.

Myth is made for using minions; that is their "special" thing.

You have to learn to nuances of each school; each is played very differently from each other.

Survivor
Dec 29, 2014
Well first of all balance wasn't mentioned at all in your post, just pointing out personal pet peeve of mine. Anyway, each school does have its one thing that makes it better then the other schools in a certain way.

Fire better damage and DOT spells

Storm great damage

Life healing

Ice defense

Myth minions (even if you don't have as much attack you still have two things attacking)

Death taking health from enemy (very affective when doing scarecrow, and also feint)

Balance just as a little bit of all of the above

In my opinion all schools are equal, it just seems at certain points that some are more equal than others. It just depends on what you can use, maybe if your having trouble with myth try one of the schools you've described as being in the top three.

Caitlin Griffinrider level 59
Devin Winterdust level 21
Brynn Legendblade level 10

Defender
Jun 15, 2013
What myth has is utility spells, for example you can use earthquake to remove all positive blades/shields, multiple spells that stun, and attacks like Minotaur, where it removes a shield with the first hit, and basilisk being a DOT and stunning, and Medusa with a two turn stun. Myth has a lot of capability up it's sleeve and the potential for a myth wizard is very high.

Survivor
Dec 22, 2013
Death just needs an all enemy hit spell earlier on in the game. Like a weaker deer knight...

Explorer
May 25, 2011
I'm sorry, but I would have to disagree with you on this. First off, I have a Promethean Conjurer (lvl 96) and have managed to solo a great deal of the game, including Sunken City at lvl 17, something my brother, who plays as a fire wizard wasn't able to do until his late lvl 20s, although you claim that Fire is a very strong school and myth is at the bottom.

Strategy only gets you so far, What's the point of blading up for a massive hit on the boss if you can't take a hit from him. IMHO, my gear rivals that of storm wizards of my level, many of my storm friends have 90-110 damage, and 20-30 resist and health in the 3,000s range. My myth wizard can have damage anywhere from 80-90, and resist from 40-45 depending on the gear I have, as well as health from 4200-4900 depending if am using my life mastery amulet. All those stats on my wizard are superior to a Storm Wizards, except for damage, which I can easily overcome once my pet is finished leveling up. Just the other day in Krysalis my frog hit 12,000+ on street mobs. It's only supposed to 265-325.

At level (11?) we get a 0 pip minion. Great for enemies that constantly shield. The Minotaur Minion will shield and taunt, taking the blunt of the damage for you. Later on in the game, put some of those universal 40% blades and 70% shields that are minion only on him. He rarely attacks, allowing you to use Dimensional Shift and give you all those shields and blades. Orthrus is a great double hit spell. Medusa followed by stun followed by another Medusa will leave the enemy stunned for four rounds in PVE or 1v1 in PVP. Earthquake is the Holy Grail of Team play. Basilisk and King Art are both great DOT spells. Celestial Calendar can easily be a one-shot kill if set up properly. The only weakness I see is we only have two AOE spells until lvl 100, but as I stated earlier, Frog still works great.

Minions allow you to sit back and enjoy the show. If you don't like that approach, just wipe the enemy out yourself.

Astrologist
Sep 19, 2013
@Ravenlady777 @Caitlin Griffinrider: Minions? BWA HA HA HA HA! Myth minions are useful until about maybe Marleybone or wherever you start getting higher gear damage boosts and needing to stack traps. At that point minions are pretty much useless, nay, detrimental since they mess up traps with low damage spells.

@Skull98oo The problem with those spells is that those utilities are really best in PvP. Most bosses are stun immune, Minotaur is nigh-impossible to trap for and isn't going to be the hit of choice at higher levels anyway, and Earthquake will knock off all Feints and bosses don't bladestack much anyway.

To be entirely honest, unless Myth is hitting, what exactly does Myth bring to a big dungeon except a meat shield?

Defender
Jun 15, 2013
Robobot1747 on Dec 29, 2015 wrote:
@Ravenlady777 @Caitlin Griffinrider: Minions? BWA HA HA HA HA! Myth minions are useful until about maybe Marleybone or wherever you start getting higher gear damage boosts and needing to stack traps. At that point minions are pretty much useless, nay, detrimental since they mess up traps with low damage spells.

@Skull98oo The problem with those spells is that those utilities are really best in PvP. Most bosses are stun immune, Minotaur is nigh-impossible to trap for and isn't going to be the hit of choice at higher levels anyway, and Earthquake will knock off all Feints and bosses don't bladestack much anyway.

To be entirely honest, unless Myth is hitting, what exactly does Myth bring to a big dungeon except a meat shield?
I will give you some reasons myth brings a lot to the table in Dungeons. In darkmoor myth gets rid of almost every bad situation in the fights. For Yevgney Myth can get rid of the ice armor cheats entirely allowing all others to attack once everything is set up. For Shane von Shane, the boost to myth damage automatically makes myth helpful and the fact they can get rid of the super charge cheat getting rid of his biggest boost, while hitting everyone else. And during the Malistaire fight myth can also get rid of the balance blades and tower shields accidentally casted by teammates. In Darkmoor alone Myth can bring a lot to the table and help speed up the process and deal good damage to enemies.

(Note: Minotaur was just an example of utility and i couldn't remember the name of the two headed wolf spell. And lets be honest every school really isn't much help depending on teammates. Example: "If I have a fire ally why would i need a storm if the fire has more health, better defense, and better accuracy?", Or "Why would I need a Death wizard if I have a Life and Balance wizard?".)