Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

KI, please strengthen Balance...

AuthorMessage
Delver
Mar 31, 2015
Okay, you ask. Why does Balance need strengthening? Loremaster is pretty OP. And Mana Burn is pretty irritating. Balance doesn't 'need' more buffs...WRONG.

First of all, Balance at Prodigious / Exalted is vastly different from Balance at sub-50 levels. Thanks to and and their ridiculous damage output, Volcanic Shield is usually the first thing that comes up. So, adios Spectral Blast, bye bye Hydra, bon voyage Nested Fury. With one spell our supposed 'off-school advantage' becomes almost meaningless, because no Balance worth his salt is going to waste 4-6 Pips at a 'chance' of hitting hard. Not to mention that I can still run into the second shield because of the 'randomness' of the off-school utility.

Second, Balance STILL, STILL, does not have a native DOT! 110 Levels of the supposed BALANCE of all schools and we do not have one DOT in our arsenal! We do not have the damage of storm OR the blading capabilities of EVERY other school (yes EVERY), so what is the matter here?! (Sorry, I'm ranting a little). We do not have a native damage bubble unless you count Gaze of Fate (which I don't), we do not have those ridiculous treasure cards that accentuate the turn advantage even more:

Fire Beetle (100 dmg and +35% to next spell X3).
Death Scarab (140 dmg and +30% to next spell).
Icebird (297 dmg and +40% to next spell).
Life Scarab (130 dmg and +25% to next spell).

Need I go on? Our native blade is 25%, universal, meaning we can't wand off weaknesses like EVERY other school can. Meanwhile Ice is happily stacking their 50% 40% 45% blades with their 7500+ health plus their 35% Balefrost bubble, not including their 40% 30% stacked trap, not including feint or potent feint, not including TC elemental or regular / sharp elemental tri-blade, and to top it all off can wand off our weaknesses whenever they want (not that they mean anything anyway, when our most effective weakness is 40% at 8 pips (King Artorius).
Every other school has this wanding AND blade-stacking advantage, EXCEPT Balance.

So in another hundred levels, when all the schools have a minimum 7K health or whatever, how exactly are us Balances supposed to WIN before we are OHKO'd? Loremaster? Come on.

Meanwhile, can Efreet, can Bad Juju / Virulent Plague, ETC. Oh, and I forgot Snow Drift (bye bye Availing Hands). Did I mention pierce?

But wait, there's more. Mana Burn can't even be enchanted. Chimera at 9 pips and 340 dmg / head is a tremendous waste of pips (better to just cast Lore over and over, because that's all we're good for at the moment). We do not have any saving grace. Life has Triage. Storm has Enfeeble. Myth has Shift. What do we have? NOTHING. Before you tell me that these spells are TC, go get a few first, see how easy it is, then we can talk.

First Proposal: An ACTUAL only blade (35%), Elemental / Spirit Prisms, 2-4 pip DOT (no required), Balance Shield.

Second Proposal: Increase Deck Space, reduce pierce. 64 Spells is too little. More to come later.

Explorer
Dec 25, 2009
All I want for balance is
  • A burst heal
  • DOT
  • Reduce pip cost for elemental/spiritual dispel. Make it 4 pips
  • Dragonblade, or another universal blade, if we were made to blade others, then give us more blades then the 2 we have (not including Elemental or Spiritual Blade because everyone has them).

That's all.

Also, no shields, I don't need them in my life.

In truth we don't really NEED a DOT. There is a grand total of 2 major shields that counter our school, Tower and Legion.

Balance just suffers a little in PvE for the first 90 levels, but we are quite strong right now.

Explorer
Dec 02, 2014
John Hawkward on Dec 2, 2015 wrote:
All I want for balance is
  • A burst heal
  • DOT
  • Reduce pip cost for elemental/spiritual dispel. Make it 4 pips
  • Dragonblade, or another universal blade, if we were made to blade others, then give us more blades then the 2 we have (not including Elemental or Spiritual Blade because everyone has them).

That's all.

Also, no shields, I don't need them in my life.

In truth we don't really NEED a DOT. There is a grand total of 2 major shields that counter our school, Tower and Legion.

Balance just suffers a little in PvE for the first 90 levels, but we are quite strong right now.
i agree and only reason balance have such a hard time in pve is because everything is balance