Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

FeedBLACK Friday 11-27-15

AuthorMessage
Administrator
Hi, Wizards! I hope you had a wonderful Thanksgiving, full of lots of food and fun. And what comes after Thanksgiving, but Black Friday sales! So, continuing last year's tradition, it's FeedBLACK friday!

Throughout the year, we have a lot of sales and special events around the Spiral, everything from our "Palooza" sales that provide big discounts to certain Crown Shop items to surprise sales that can save you up to 50% off our Online Bundles. What's your favorite Wizard101 sale and why?

Have a good day of shopping and a wonderful weekend! See you in the Spiral!

“If the Mind is like a candle, the Heart is like the sun.” Professor Falmea
Survivor
Jul 20, 2012
Bundle Palooza i would have to say. I love how the bundles that are extinct come back at 50% off
Dustin Flame 110
Dustin Storm 100

Survivor
Jun 09, 2015
I truly enjoy the gear and amulet sales, so that i can buy more tubular gear worth the crowns i paid for. Just like back in the day when things were cheaper and times were simpler. But also for style. Every true storm wizard has style!

Stay turbulent,

E. Golden

Delver
Aug 31, 2012
The terror hoard packs!!! SO GLAD THEY WERE 50% OFF!!!

I have been trying to get the Eye of the Soothsayer wand for months on my life wizard, and I have spent over 15000 crowns trying for it. I was planning on getting crowns sometime near Christmas, but when the sale went on, I was thinking, "Now's the chance!"

So I bought 10,000 crowns and after opening about 11 packs, I GOT THE WAND!!!
It was an amazing feeling like I had won the lottery. And I had about 7800 crowns left over!

Thank-you SOOOOO much for the Palooza Sales KI, you made my entire week!

Delver
Dec 15, 2009
Professor Falmea on Nov 27, 2015 wrote:
Hi, Wizards! I hope you had a wonderful Thanksgiving, full of lots of food and fun. And what comes after Thanksgiving, but Black Friday sales! So, continuing last year's tradition, it's FeedBLACK friday!

Throughout the year, we have a lot of sales and special events around the Spiral, everything from our "Palooza" sales that provide big discounts to certain Crown Shop items to surprise sales that can save you up to 50% off our Online Bundles. What's your favorite Wizard101 sale and why?

Have a good day of shopping and a wonderful weekend! See you in the Spiral!

#1 the 60,000 crowns for $60 because that is like 1 or 1/2 of a new area for only a BUCK.

#2 the 1 year membership for $60 that's only $10 more than 6 months

#3 the BEST OF THE BEST sale because who wants to pay 7500 crowns for saber cat when you can get it for 3250!?!

Historian
May 15, 2009
i'd definitely have to say the mega snack pack bundle sale.
of all the items in the store it's by the the most expensive, especially when I make a new character and want to hand craft a specialized pet for them. that takes lots of repetition since it's not guaranteed I'll get the exact stats I want on a pet from the start so I may end up hatching half a dozen pets before I get one that I am satisfied with

Survivor
Sep 19, 2010
I usually just find out when there is a sale. I like all sales. I'm hoping to get my fire wizard learning again. :)

Community Leader
60k crowns for $60 by far

DuelCircle Organizer. The Slowpoke Sloth is the best.
Explorer
Aug 24, 2015
No, sorry Professor, but I can not pick just one favorite sale. No that would be like picking a favorite between food, drink, air, and sleep. I love them all! I shop them all! I want them all!
Could we have a test on transmutation of Reagents instead please? or even the History of Dragonspyre?
anything but choosing a favorite sale.

Explorer
May 17, 2009
My favorite sale is the Vintage Mount Sale. And play in November Pet in December was awesome!

Sarah UnicornFlower

Master Of Ice

Community Leader
Definitely love Pack and Pet-A-Palooza.

Both offer chances to get awesome pets and items at big discounts! Since I definitely look forward to BIG time pet training and buying. Plus, new chances at new pets and pet-related items. Everyone from the most casual player to hardcore Pvpers use and benefit from pets.

Serving the community since 2010, we strive for excellence, bringing you the most accurate information on first generation pets! Visit The Petnome Project today!
Survivor
Apr 16, 2010
I definitely enjoy most the mount sales! Every time I see a mount on sale, I rush to buy it. Mounts are probably one of my favorite features in wizard101, and I enjoy collecting them. The recent sale on the Panther and Solar Sabercat mounts was great! Really looking forward to more mount sales!

~Kane Hexwraith Master Diviner

Explorer
Jul 17, 2012
I like it when mega snacks are half price because I think they should be that price all the time. I wish there was a super mega snacks pack that was all 50 xp. A pack that had ten in it of 50xp would sure help with getting pets to ultra. such a pack would provide 500 xp total. Then all it would take is 4 such packs to get to ultra level if a pet is mega already. Such a pack could cost what the current full price of the mega snack pack is. How hard could it be to create such a pack? another idea about snack packs would be to have packs with nothing but 45xp snacks and 30xp and so on with different prices so people could choose. also have a pet snack pack that could be bought with gold so a gold pack would have like one 50 xp snack and one 45 xp and one 30 xp in it or something like that.

I like it when the double xp for pets happens. It makes leveling up pets go faster and cost less.

I also like it when crown sales happen that make it so a dollar gets 1000 or more crowns.

I wish there was a deal offered that made arena ticket items half or less their usual cost or how about a day when arena ticket items could be gotten without having to have arena tickets. Some players are just not good at pvp but want the arena ticket items.

Survivor
Nov 28, 2012
Defender
Jun 13, 2009
I loved the sale that went on awhile back on crowns where you could get 60,000 crowns for $30.00 for only 4 days. I wish that sale would come back, I believe a lot of other wizards would like that to. Another sale that I liked was where you could buy any of the old bundles for a limited time. many would also appreciate this sale coming back.

Delver
Apr 20, 2011
I love it when gift cards are rduced by 25-50%off. Because we don't have Walmart etc here in Australia, I get very excited when one of the store bundles moves online and it's discouted. So far I have gotten the Olympus, Winterbane and Hawkrider

Delver
Feb 28, 2012
Throwback Thursdays: I like seeing retired stuff being brought back. Maybe you can have a Throwback-Palooza and make it the stuff that went super-duper extra crazy when it was originally released (or when it was announced to be retired) and the Throwback-Palooza last a week or two.

Explorer
Dec 15, 2009
You guys have a lot of great sales, but my favorite are always the crowns sales. They are the best deal on crowns and have become basically the only time I'll buy crowns anymore. Unless I have a crowns "emergency" lol, then I might spend $5 or $10, but that's it and very rare for me to buy them without a sale.

Survivor
Feb 10, 2011
Any time any kind of pack goes on sale is always a good thing.

And it would be nice to see more types of sales that rotate more often. Every few days (or every week) a new "bundle" of things goes on sale like the sale you are currently having. Nothing there interested me aside from Mega Pet Snacks (which are really expensive to begin with) but if those kinds of sales were weekly, I'd keep looking for them.

Defender
Feb 13, 2011
Gardening and gear sales. Whenever there is this kind of sale, I buy a bunch of crowns and go crazy spending on seeds and the gear I need. Such as Heavy Rain Slippers and Slippers of Perfect Poise.

Defender
Apr 14, 2014
I really liked the House-o-palooza in August. I don't remember what I got in 2014, but in 2015, I got items from the emperor's attic pack. They include a Royal Fusiller's dress coat which I included in one of my bundles of clothes.

Explorer
Nov 16, 2013
This may not be a sale but you guys have the best birthday parties for this game ever.Double pet and gardening rewards and free items.This probably doesn't count but I just wanted to thank you for that.Keep the updates coming and happy Thanksgiving!

Administrator
Thanks for the feedback everyone! Hope you had a wonderful holiday (for those who celebrated), and there will be a new topic up shortly.

“If the Mind is like a candle, the Heart is like the sun.” Professor Falmea